90s Time WWarp - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N6

Make a

Heart of the Ocean Toy Necklace and send to @Animal Midwife

51S0rHfeh1L.jpg

Join McDonald's™ as we celebrate the release of Titanic with this limited edition happy meal toy! Show your loved one the depths of your affection with this stunning toy replica of the iconic diamond necklace. Use of this toy grants the user a 1x same-affiliation resurrection on the player of their choice. Just don't show Pippy any of your (TP) drawings from when he asks you to draw him like one of your French girls. Ages 6+. Not a real diamond. Not for individual sale. Cannot be held for more than 1 cycle.

------
@Melchizedek

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
N2
Make a

Hot Wheels Happy Meal Toy and send to Kras

s-l300.jpg

Wind it back (back to cali cali) and then let it fly...
This car and the accompanying carbohydrates will enable a lucky kid to rev up their action timeline. Cast 2 actions on the night this car is deployed, at the exchange of no action the following cycle. You'll need a nap after energetically burning rubber all through your sister's discarded ketchup-covered pickle pile, after all. Vrooooooom.

If recipient has no ability, this will grant the use of a one-time use commuter-type ability at the discretion of the mods, or the recipient may gift it to another player of their choosing. If recipient is a wolf, this item may be used for a double pack kill + a double user action but the entire pack will be blocked from kills the following night and the user will be blocked from their own action (if any). Cannot be held for more than 3 cycles.

I would eat those pickles.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
{I'm not sure what happened to N7, I might have gotten off track on days in prison haha}

N8

Make a

Gadget Hackwrench Rescue Ranger Happy Meal Toy and send to @cubsrule4e

il_794xN.2037941919_27w3.jpg

~Sometimes crimes go slipping through the cracks, but ~ these two ~ gumshoes ~ are picking up the slack! ~ Follow the adventures of Chip, Dale and Gadget as they thwart the evil Fat Cat and his henchmen. Gadget's ingenuity will grant the holder of this toy a 1x opportunity to rejigger the wiring behind player abilities to swap any two abilities that night (or cycle, if ability includes day time functionality). Chipmunks to the rescue!!
May be used on self. May be used on killing roles. Limited to living player roles. Ages 3+. Contains small parts; use with adult supervision. Item cannot be held for more than one cycle. Not for individual sale.
N9 contingency

Make a red pill or a blue pill

Haven't decided which one
Actually, I am going to

N9

MAKE THIS AGAIN

Same target

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
N9

Make a

French Fry Transformers Happy Meal Toy and send to @cubsrule4e

5420aabc583b3e83168f0b6c394a466d.jpg

It's a dojo hound! It's a wolf! It's a french fry! It's a transformer!
Don't you love surprises? This happy meal toy looks like a cute replica of MickeyD's fries, but in fact, turns into something else entirely! Flip it open to reveal a 1x redirection of any other player's action. Yum!! May not be used on self. May be used on killing roles. Limited to living player roles. Ages 3+. Contains small parts; use with adult supervision. Item cannot be held for more than one cycle. Not for individual sale.

And make a real medium french fry and a cheeseburger and send to myself for snackies :hungry:

~~ Inner thoughts interlude ~~

I wanted to make it a Usual Suspects item because of the big misdirection in that movie and the fact that Cubs gets called sketchy allllll the time lol

But there are no items from that movie and I can't fit Kevin Spacey into a happy meal
If i gave wolves the ability to redirect a villager I will laugh lol

Reactions: 1 users
N10

Make a

McDonald's Easy-Bake Oven Pie Set and send to @genny

easybake_mcdonalds.jpg

Have you had a hankering for tasty treats, but are in a jam because your mom won't let you use the real oven? Now you can bake* your own jam-filled desserts in this functional** child-safe*** oven! Use this Easy-Bake to make your own items when mom's not around to supervise. Recommended for use exclusively with McDonald's Easy Bake Pie Ingredient Sets, available at your local moderator's discretion. Mmmmm, delicious! :hungry:
Pies may contain compounds known to the state of California to cause adverse health effects. Contains 3000% DV of sodium, so it's a good thing you contain enough sugar and spice to offset all that salt. Oven will only turn on upon Pippy's death. May not be used for resurrections or killing items, because this is a toy and those actions are srs bzns. Ages 8+. *This oven uses light bulb heat source, which cannot reach minimum recommended temperatures. **Items may be hot. ***Use at own risk and with moderator supervision at all times.

-----
I don't know what I was thinking with that item, if I had made a rez we still could have won. :oops:
But also like seriously, why did I not make a gun for today
...because C H O K E

Reactions: 5 users
~~Bonus item for @kaydubs ~~
Oh I never made a Harry Potter item

I will do that shortly

N10 Do-Over

Make a

Sword of Gryffindor Happy Meal Toy and send to genny

10354873_av1

Find yourself needing something sharp to take down a basilisk who's been killing your friends? You are in luck with the Harry + Sword figurine from the new Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Happy Meal toy collection! Pull this toy out from under your chicken nuggets, watch it magically change into the real sword of Gryffindor, and swing it boldly in the light of day to kill a foe. Coat with ketchup for a more realistic effect. You know what you need to do.
1x real sword effect must be used the day of Happy Meal purchase. Not for individual sale. Special effect can only be used one time in the 90s. Phoenix and basilisk not included.

• Love
my drawings are safe... :oops:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
N2
Make a

Hot Wheels Happy Meal Toy and send to Kras

s-l300.jpg

Wind it back (back to cali cali) and then let it fly...
This car and the accompanying carbohydrates will enable a lucky kid to rev up their action timeline. Cast 2 actions on the night this car is deployed, at the exchange of no action the following cycle. You'll need a nap after energetically burning rubber all through your sister's discarded ketchup-covered pickle pile, after all. Vrooooooom.

If recipient has no ability, this will grant the use of a one-time use commuter-type ability at the discretion of the mods, or the recipient may gift it to another player of their choosing. If recipient is a wolf, this item may be used for a double pack kill + a double user action but the entire pack will be blocked from kills the following night and the user will be blocked from their own action (if any). Cannot be held for more than 3 cycles.
In my frustration at being lynched I forgot about the following night block, which the mods reminded me of 30 min before lynch close. It was very deflating...I really wanted to shoot somebody, but probably would have shot wrong.

• Sad
Can someone just hire me to be an NPC that makes relevant game memes for thread for a future game? Will volunteer so I guess you don't really need to hire me

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my frustration at being lynched I forgot about the following night block, which the mods reminded me of 30 min before lynch close. It was very deflating...I really wanted to shoot somebody, but probably would have shot wrong.
In my role PM I was like

aaahhhhhh PLEASE REMEMBER SHE IS BLOCKED
because I thought you were going to shoot me lol

here is a bonus series of PM posts about my thoughts on your item (I couldn't figure out if you were wolfy or not; I was confused by the appearance of the "silencing" of Nav and thought you might have given the item to a fellow wolf and/or somehow triggered the commuter function I wrote in)
...how bad of a villager does it make me when I am trying to get all fancy and then can't even figure out how my own damn item worked in the field lmao

Did you accidentally start a game of 4D chess without reading the rules first? :p
I can't even play regular chess IRL without rage quitting 10 minutes in because I'm losing so badly lol

• Haha
In my role PM I was like

here is a bonus series of PM posts about my thoughts on your item (I couldn't figure out if you were wolfy or not; I was confused by the appearance of the "silencing" of Nav and thought you might have given the item to a fellow wolf and/or somehow triggered the commuter function I wrote in)
The public library in my town has a giant chess set with three foot tall pieces to play with

These may be conducive to IRL chess because you can probably use them to beat the other player up when you start to lose

That's a real chess grandmaster

After you died, I got this

dang I hoped the pics would show up
Oh haha covfefe asked me to make blockbuster employee memes in the dead chat and that's what she came up with

We had also just been talking about me making memes for the wolf chat, which is why so many of them are assuming the blockbuster role was wolfy

Reactions: 1 user
The public library in my town has a giant chess set with three foot tall pieces to play with

These may be conducive to IRL chess because you can probably use them to beat the other player up when you start to lose

Meats.....never write a how-to book......on anything.

• Haha
idk the no-shoot gave me more space to push n1 vigging.

• Haha
idk the no-shoot gave me more space to push n1 vigging.
I love D1 vigging, in my head I always imagine it like some city slicker in a saloon figuring out how their gun works and just randomly murdering some guy nursing a beer in the back

Even more funny if the D1 vig happens to nab a wolf lmao

• Haha
I thought if I killed genny theyd know it was me right away. I almost decided to end pippy, bomb/protection or not, but she had me the most village out of the people left so I thought I still had a small chance to win with her.
I think if you had said you redirected mutts to mutts, you could have persuaded them to lynch me.

I think if you had said you redirected mutts to mutts, you could have persuaded them to lynch me.
my freakout in the last 20 min before lynch close was that you asked why I didn't make a gun because you were actually a wolf and wanted to shoot me, activate the ez bake, and make yourself a lynch avoidance or something

so yeah, I probably would have been on board with that

15 minutes out:
WHO LET ME START TALKING

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
my freakout in the last 20 min before lynch close was that you asked why I didn't make a gun because you were actually a wolf and wanted to shoot me, activate the ez bake, and make yourself a lynch avoidance or something

so yeah, I probably would have been on board with that

15 minutes out:
Lol because that question was my mini freak out that you were actually a wolf and made me that cute but not so useful item in an attempt to keep me pocketed and distracted instead of making a gun or a seering item that could help village win.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
In my role PM I was like

I wasn't planning on shooting you, but I was definitely prepared to shoot somebody on my lynch. So sad..., had a 40% chance of getting a wolf that day.

Reactions: 1 users
Ideas for things that I didn't end up making, plus some role PM musings

Ok so categories of things I shall consider making:
- redirection
- tracker/watcher style stuff
- enhance/upgrade/speed up
- vote control
- bang bang kaboom
- rez? but also that's boring
- seer I guess but that's also boring
- swipe/steal/copy
But like......could you please make a HP toy????
What should it be? alohomora key unlock a player role PM? expelliarmus wand disarm? Hagrid and fang tracking item?
Ok non-happy meal stuff that is very 90s...

- jellies or LA lights
- body glitter (scented, from limited too, obviously)
- tickets to Titanic or Lilith fair
- a Hansen poster
- a Tracy Chapman fast car single
- a discman
- CK One
- pogs
- a trapper keeper
- ackkkk I just had some really good ideas and then they evaporated
I want some Lisa Frank folders
They were going to be enclosed in the trapper keeper with a JTT folder behind them lol
I could be really lame and make a rez item for afflac

Bring back your Topanga blah blah kissy snoozefest
Actually. May make something else... gotta get on a computer. Don't take this as an action submission.

Nwhatever

Make a Hamburglar Happy Meal Toy and send to AM

e51d17a9329179611ddb42ecdc5ce9d5.jpg
Ohohohoho

What if I could fit a little plastic Titanic iceberg chunk into a happy meal for an auto-rez
I am watching the mask of zorro and might toss out all previously mentioned ideas in favor of something related to this
Lol I may make a fake Easy Bake Oven item for genny

Almost positive that was an 80s toy but I was definitely still using it to "cook" raw brownie batter with a lightbulb in 1990 so I think it counts

(This is not a change to prior action submission, as if it is going to matter haha)

I'll resubmit it. I'll probably still send it to jmoose...? Might need a few minutes on that if that's ok.

Want to send to genny, but maybe too risky haha

Best read is AM, but she is just going to throw it out like last year's copy of Teen Beat :p

I legit think I've forgotten how to vote for my wolf reads

MOAR! 90s (and probably earlier)

- Bandaids that came in a tin
s-l300.jpg

- Doritos that came in a metal can instead of a bag
- Triples cereal
- Waffle Crisp cereal

if pippy exploded we would've won
I'm not super familiar with tinkerer roles as I've only seen them a few times. is it common to be able to give items to yourself and ones that are passive? I think I have only seen it where they sent it to other people and the items work at night, 1x use.

Also, thanks for the game!!
They don't show up all the time and some tinkerers end up being more creative than others, but yeah, it just depends on the game design. Village didn't have a ton of the more...typical (I guess?) roles so I think a tinkerer worked well here from a supplementation standpoint.

But yeah, in the noob game for instance, tinkerer items were one time use but could be held indefinitely. It's typical to only allow for one of any function, but not always the case. Sometimes the items circulate. It just varies.
Night One

-------

Ok then screw Miss 1993 ...

N1

Make Simba Happy Meal Toy and hoard it for myself

017c2a490438f62e463ee98d747b19e7.jpg

Why worry about your own survival when you can run into the woods and eat bugs at the first sign of a wildebeest stampede? Acquisition of this toy will grant the user a standing 1x death avoidance (lynch or kill attempt, disappears after first attack. Also disappears if attacked while superfluously protected by other players or mechanics). Hakuna Matata!
-----

Before people complain about this, I would like to remind everyone there was no pure protector in this game
Ack my Simba ptsd ;)

Can someone just hire me to be an NPC that makes relevant game memes for thread for a future game? Will volunteer so I guess you don't really need to hire me
You mean...all my future games?

Wait @WildZoo I never got a final news write up :eek:
I ended up being waaaaay too busy :laugh: and...also completely forgot about it lol sorry. Thanks for the game though and I do appreciate you guys bringing me back as an NPC!! I hope my game design comments were useful and not annoying :)

I think the biggest issues in the end a lack of thread presence recently, were deciding not to do a NK, and then claiming you redirected genny without an immediate Lynch...
But honestly the game was not in our favor based on the obscene amount of mislynched it required and having basically an absent wolf partner. I think we did the best we could given the situation :biglove:

edit oh yeah and then "untrackable" wolf smh lol
I do agree having to work with an absent partner is hard, and I do disagree with the untrackable usage here (though perhaps it should just be considered a separate role from 'ninja' :thinking: ***)

I did want to say though, the number of mislynches was not absurd. You got 6 here, only needed one more, which would have made 7. A sweep would also have required 7 I believe, but it would have been possible to win in this gamestate with 6 if your vengeance kill had been successful and cubs hadn't chosen not to kill. If SOV had died a day earlier and your vengeance kill had worked, I believe it would have been 5 due to conversion? Standard on other sites (such as MU) for a 4 wolf game is 5 mislynches, so it's not absurd imo to require 1-2 more based on our site meta, which runs wolf-sided at MU numbers. There were also no roles in this game that I would consider "clear" - lots of abilities that could go either way and enough vanillas to provide lynch fodder as needed, so you could push a lynch on most any player you wanted. It's a rare game that actually requires fewer mislynches the more wolves die, but that was the case here due to your ability and the conversion mechanic. Just something to think about when you're considering where the balance line was here. Wolves had a couple ways they would be boosted if they were doing very poorly, village didn't have that kind of safety net at all so extra numbers was really all we had guaranteed.

***If you think about it, Mel was the real vanilla seer lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
I think the game was pretty well balanced. A few unlucky bounces so to speak, game could have easily gone either way.
I do disagree with an item maker making an item for themselves,. There is a reason they have to give stuff away, because you never know who might make it.

I never intended my “role” to be useful. I was trying to get you guys to Lynch Cubs to give me some cred, but nobody wanted to do that. Once y’all fixated on it “discovering” PR I tried to set up Genny, but no one bit. I didn’t think that would work, but figured I was getting lynched if I tried nothing anyway..

Big irony that the person with the dial up role had monstrous access issues. Pretty frustrating but I tried my best. Blame comcast for that. Although, honestly, i uniformly live longer by not participating, which is a bit frustrating for me. Be active, get lynched..,.be silent (and bored), life longer. “I’m just a soul whose intentions are good, oh lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood”.

I understand more why AM plays the way she does, you guys need to change the way you wolf, you HAVE to act like villagers. You have to build in defense for when you are going to be lynched later on. i was trying to build a defense of village blocker, and block all the suspicious looking people. Why would I block pippy when she was universally seen as a villager at that point? I wouldn’t so you basically blew up my cover by changing my action, and that made my night 2 “sporty may be innocent” comment look wolfy. That one decision put me under suspicion, THINK LIKE a villager, ACT like a villager. Don’t complain when a wolf votes for a fellow wolf, or tunnels you cause that is exactly what helps makes them villagery. I definitely admit I could have been a better wolf partner, but if I was more active I would have exploded at you ladies. I just bit my tongue and let you do what you want. Oh, by the way, take some Xanax. This is fun stuff, not worth being that stressed out IMO.

As for the multiple blocks. I for one would not have done that, but I had no problem with it this game (although I usually restrict actions to be repeated on people for this reason as a Mod). Pippy brought this on herself. She oversold her ability and made it impossible for wolves to deal with her. She was potentially unkillable, or dangerous to kill (especially with only 4 wolves, we couldn’t afford a sacrifice), and she had villager cred. What else were we supposed to do. I fully support the wolves in playing strategically. If there were any other choice, we/they would have taken it. I would have been frustrated if I were pippy, but then I too would have probably done what she did as well. FWIW, I didn’t really believe her claim (I didn’t think mods would allow that) and I really thought she was chaos to the end (note to self: I always think pippy is chaos, and Mel is a wolf).

It was a fun game, but probably my last for a long while. I enjoyed it even with the difficulties. Well done mods. I liked the structure the best among the games I played in the last year.

SDN and WW will always have a really warm place in my heart:biglove:. Hope the evil dojo hound is reborn in another game. We had fun together.

Peace out,
SOV:hello:

Ps - I don’t know why AM angry reacted to just about everything I posted in dead wolf chat, but I have never met a player who is as good as AM, but just really doesn’t understand me and my style at all. :shrug:Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Cie la vie.

• Love
I think the game was pretty well balanced. A few unlucky bounces so to speak, game could have easily gone either way.
I do disagree with an item maker making an item for themselves,. There is a reason they have to give stuff away, because you never know who might make it.

I never intended my “role” to be useful. I was trying to get you guys to Lynch Cubs to give me some cred, but nobody wanted to do that. Once y’all fixated on it “discovering” PR I tried to set up Genny, but no one bit. I didn’t think that would work, but figured I was getting lynched if I tried nothing anyway..

Big irony that the person with the dial up role had monstrous access issues. Pretty frustrating but I tried my best. Blame comcast for that. Although, honestly, i uniformly live longer by not participating, which is a bit frustrating for me. Be active, get lynched..,.be silent (and bored), life longer. “I’m just a soul whose intentions are good, oh lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood”.

I understand more why AM plays the way she does, you guys need to change the way you wolf, you HAVE to act like villagers. You have to build in defense for when you are going to be lynched later on. i was trying to build a defense of village blocker, and block all the suspicious looking people. Why would I block pippy when she was universally seen as a villager at that point? I wouldn’t so you basically blew up my cover by changing my action, and that made my night 2 “sporty may be innocent” comment look wolfy. That one decision put me under suspicion, THINK LIKE a villager, ACT like a villager. Don’t complain when a wolf votes for a fellow wolf, or tunnels you cause that is exactly what helps makes them villagery. I definitely admit I could have been a better wolf partner, but if I was more active I would have exploded at you ladies. I just bit my tongue and let you do what you want. Oh, by the way, take some Xanax. This is fun stuff, not worth being that stressed out IMO.

As for the multiple blocks. I for one would not have done that, but I had no problem with it this game (although I usually restrict actions to be repeated on people for this reason as a Mod). Pippy brought this on herself. She oversold her ability and made it impossible for wolves to deal with her. She was potentially unkillable, or dangerous to kill (especially with only 4 wolves, we couldn’t afford a sacrifice), and she had villager cred. What else were we supposed to do. I fully support the wolves in playing strategically. If there were any other choice, we/they would have taken it. I would have been frustrated if I were pippy, but then I too would have probably done what she did as well. FWIW, I didn’t really believe her claim (I didn’t think mods would allow that) and I really thought she was chaos to the end (note to self: I always think pippy is chaos, and Mel is a wolf).

It was a fun game, but probably my last for a long while. I enjoyed it even with the difficulties. Well done mods. I liked the structure the best among the games I played in the last year.

SDN and WW will always have a really warm place in my heart:biglove:. Hope the evil dojo hound is reborn in another game. We had fun together.

Peace out,
SOV:hello:

Glad to WW a bit with you. You’re the one who introduced me (and the pre vet forum) to this madness :)

In the old days, I was ALWAYS lynched or killed for being under the radar so it makes me lol that people now live so long for it. It’s a weird shift for sure

eta: these games are supposed to be fun, not personal attacks or stress inducing. Step away from them for a bit if you no longer find joy in them!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Thanks players and co-mods!!! I only had 4 pages to catch up on with thread and prolly 30 PMs to read.

tag me if you have questions.

This is *still* not my game ;) I would be listed at the very end of the authors list :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Ps - I don’t know why AM angry reacted to just about everything I posted in dead wolf chat, but I have never met a player who is as good as AM, but just really doesn’t understand me and my style at all. :shrug:Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Cie la vie.
Just because there was pro-wolf and/or hydration propaganda. :p

• Haha
Other issues:
I understand why people lynch vote other people into eternity for previous grudges but the excuse is so weak.

and for all the “so and so did this and it pisses me off cause wtf wtf salt salt”:

“To be clear here and in all WW games (even with identical co mods)

things vary. Like, all the time! Even in my own games, I change up things personally cause I loathe predictability.”

Last edited:
Cause this keeps coming up a lot (@ziggyandjazzy & @WildZoo maybe? & @Animal Midwife

why did I tell @mizchiefmanaged about ylo or whatever the **** you call it: I was reading major anxiety meltdown from her so figured I’d answer in PM as well as on thread since it was already so damning by everyone. I HATE when people are letting this game cause them IRL issues like failing an exam, causing panic attacks, etc

I often utilize PMs as a safe space to have players not freak out (or freak out in private, I never comment on my thoughts about gameplay or such) so if people are manipulating my niceness, I’ll stop being kind. And stop modding.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

where is this?

Thank you for the game, mods!! @CoffeeQuestionMark @Lawper @StayingPositive2017 @kaydubs

I think any game that goes that many days into lylo is well-balanced. Thank you all for your thoughtful decisions and hard work. Coffee, I loved the old-school style write ups. And thank you for my first opportunity to be a real tinkerer
:biglove:

In thanks to everyone, here is a game playlist I compiled of about 140 songs -- it contains every 90s song posted on the thread by me or others, or songs that I posted in my role PM. It is collaborative, so please add in anything I missed! (A few were intentionally excluded for being clearly out of 90s range ;) )

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Tagging @Stroganoff because we seem to have some overlapping music tastes/are the only people here who really like Garbage lol

Fun fact: I didn't listen to Garbage much in the 90s but instead got super into their music a bit later through a cappella...which is perhaps the least garbage thing ever :hilarious:

• Love
  • Haha