2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 2/17 and haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone from 2/17 hear anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this school real and did any of us actually interview or is it just a collective false memory bordering on delusion

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Is this school real and did any of us actually interview or is it just a collective false memory bordering on delusion
Apparently they are having their second Closer Look day (accepted students day) today, so I guess it’s real 🥹

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently they are having their second Closer Look day (accepted students day) today, so I guess it’s real 🥹
This makes me think that they've offered at least 124 acceptances so far, if not many more. Logically, it would make no sense for them to be this far into the season without the possibility of a full roster. I think I've really been holding out that my DD could turn into an acceptance any day now, but I've lost pretty much all hope. I know the only saving grace is that this school supposedly has a lot of waitlist movement, but now with the setup this year I'm not sure. It's really disheartening... Thoughts and prayers to all my fellow comrades in the trenches out here.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
This makes me think that they've offered at least 124 acceptances so far, if not many more. Logically, it would make no sense for them to be this far into the season without the possibility of a full roster. I think I've really been holding out that my DD could turn into an acceptance any day now, but I've lost pretty much all hope. I know the only saving grace is that this school supposedly has a lot of waitlist movement, but now with the setup this year I'm not sure. It's really disheartening... Thoughts and prayers to all my fellow comrades in the trenches out here.
I wouldn’t lose hope :) their only other accepted students day was in December, so they probably are catching up to offer something to other accepted students before May 1. Additionally, only ~66 people are in the Facebook group, which includes an admissions member and potentially people who withdrew acceptances.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Hey, I interviewed in February but have not heard back. Is that normal? I thought perhaps I got rejected but nothing.

They have to get back to us by May 1 right? Anyone know if there is an actual rule for that?

Reactions: 1 user
They have to get back to us by May 1 right? Anyone know if there is an actual rule for that?
There is no strict rule to my understanding, just recommendations for students as to when they should withdraw/commit by. Please see the following AMCAS guidance: Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants

EDIT: upon further analysis, admissions officers also have “traffic laws,” which can be found here: Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers

Last edited:
So....
There is no strict rule to my understanding, just recommendations for students as to when they should withdraw/commit by. Please see the following AMCAS guidance: Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants

EDIT: upon further analysis, admissions officers also have “traffic laws,” which can be found here: Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers
Is there a way to let AMCAS know if a school is not following these guidelines? Just wondering as April 30th is quickly approaching lol

Man this is getting ridiculous

• Care
  • Sad
Man this is getting ridiculous
Hang in there, Spidey. I actually cried about it a few days back because I so badly want to attend UVM but the stress was really getting to me. We're in this together (cue High School Musical soundtrack)!

• Care
Any current students willing to answer some questions?
Sure

Also just browsing this thread I remember just a few short years ago going through all the nonsense that is the med school application process. No one really understands what it's like and the whole thing just sucks. Stick with it everyone, you'll get where you need to go one way or another. Even just being at this stage is an accomplishment but I remember how god-awful it felt.

I’ve been noticing the facebook group slowly going up, they are at 77 with 15 new ones in the past week

• Wow
I’ve been noticing the facebook group slowly going up, they are at 77 with 15 new ones in the past week
My theory is that they’re employing a new strategy this year to better gauge acceptances ahead of April 30 so as to not hand out too many Acceptances that people end up declining. Perhaps an accepted student can attest if Vermont has recently circulated emails inviting you to the Fb group?

For those who interviewed, you know the Acceptance to Matriculation ratio is relatively high in the stats they showed, and DD is new this year (to my understanding). Just speculating, but I think they are waiting until Monday to issue out A or WL to all post-II (pre-decision) or DD applicants.

Reactions: 3 users
Perhaps an accepted student can attest if Vermont has recently circulated emails inviting you to the Fb group?
At the recent second look day, they mentioned the Fb group which may explain the recent surge this week since many did not know about the group beforehand. That being said, I would guess somewhere between 5-10 people are current students (posting housing opportunities) or administrators.

Anyone gotten financial aid / scholarships from here yet?
I received a merit scholarship directly after being admitted. When I checked to see what need-based aid was like (my EFC is literally 0), they said they don't offer any need-based scholarships, so the rest would be in loans.

I received a merit scholarship directly after being admitted. When I checked to see what need-based aid was like (my EFC is literally 0), they said they don't offer any need-based scholarships, so the rest would be in loans.
If I may ask- are you in state? And had you already filled out fafsa for them prior to scholarship?

I'm debating just withdrawing at this point since the only way I end up here is if I'm admitted and its directly followed up with a scholarship, so I'm wondering if that's even a possibility

If I may ask- are you in state? And had you already filled out fafsa for them prior to scholarship?

I'm debating just withdrawing at this point since the only way I end up here is if I'm admitted and its directly followed up with a scholarship, so I'm wondering if that's even a possibility
I'm OOS. I had not yet filled out FAFSA for them when they awarded the scholarship. It was awarded by the admissions office, rather than the financial aid office.

Interviewed in September. Placed on DD in January. Zero communication since.

Is anyone else fed up with this lack of communication this late into the cycle? I'm extremely grateful to have an A elsewhere, but I was originally really excited about UVM! Now I'm just annoyed lol

Reactions: 3 users
I would highly recommend to everyone who hasn’t filled out the FAFSA, even if you haven’t heard back yet/are on DD to fill out and submit the FAFSA. The priority deadline has passed and they recommended people fill it out ASAP “in order to have a timely aid offer.”

Interviewed in September. Placed on DD in January. Zero communication since.

Is anyone else fed up with this lack of communication this late into the cycle? I'm extremely grateful to have an A elsewhere, but I was originally really excited about UVM! Now I'm just annoyed lol
+1

I've asked this a few times now, but does anyone know if there is anywhere we can lodge a complaint about this? It just feels very much like we're being taken advantage of. Like applications are expensive and we aren't even being given the courtesy of a real, timely answer.

i recently withdrew my A here (i'm sure others did too) so i hope you all hear back soon!

Reactions: 5 users
+1

I've asked this a few times now, but does anyone know if there is anywhere we can lodge a complaint about this? It just feels very much like we're being taken advantage of. Like applications are expensive and we aren't even being given the courtesy of a real, timely answer.
I feel like AMCAS would be the place. Unfortunately, however, the traffic laws for admissions committees in terms of timeliness are just recommendations and not required.