2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know of scholarships come out at the same time or are they separate?
According to the video from the financial aid office, it sounds like scholarships decisions will be released to applicants before the final package is available to be viewed. I'm not sure if any have been emailed out yet, I haven't heard anything about it

Members don't see this ad.

According to the video from the financial aid office, it sounds like scholarships decisions will be released to applicants before the final package is available to be viewed. I'm not sure if any have been emailed out yet, I haven't heard anything about it
Some scholarship offers have been released.

Here’s a weekly reminder that tmrw’s a Thursday

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they released decisions first Thursday of April after releasing them end of the month prior to that

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Got an email from UVM letting me know I qualify for in state tuition but not that I’m admitted. 😅

Rollercoaster of emotion.

Reactions: 3 users
Got an email from UVM letting me know I qualify for in state tuition but not that I’m admitted. 😅

Rollercoaster of emotion.
Happened to me last week my heart beat was that of a sprint workout

Members don't see this ad :)
But like... wouldn't that imply that you're admitted? It's like informing an applicant Post-II that they're able to apply for school specific scholarships.
Unfortunately, no. I recieved a similar email last year and I'm reapplying this year for a reason lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
I am a DD person who is absolutely losing my mind. In my madness (and procrastination), I just scrolled through all 18 pages of this thread to accumulate the following data:

Admitted: 22
Delayed Decision: 41
Withdrew A: 2

I didn’t subtract the DDs that turned into As. So maybe a dozen of those DDs are actually part of the As. This information is largely useless given sampling bias, but maybe interesting nonetheless. The Facebook group has 53 members as of today.

I interviewed in October with Delayed Decision in January. This school is my last and only hope. I’m studying to retake the MCAT next month and do a reapplication, but the fact that there is still a *chance* at UVM makes it extra hard. Just out here suffering, living life one Thursday at a time.

• Care
I am a DD person who is absolutely losing my mind. In my madness (and procrastination), I just scrolled through all 18 pages of this thread to accumulate the following data:

I didn’t subtract the DDs that turned into As. So maybe a dozen of those DDs are actually part of the As. This information is largely useless given sampling bias, but maybe interesting nonetheless. The Facebook group has 53 members as of today.

I interviewed in October with Delayed Decision in January. This school is my last and only hope. I’m studying to retake the MCAT next month and do a reapplication, but the fact that there is still a *chance* at UVM makes it extra hard. Just out here suffering, living life one Thursday at a time.
Right there with ya. It is very strange to me how far and few decisions (not just As) appear to be by all available metrics. Obviously SDN and FB is not reliable. Even then, UVM appears to be trickling behind especially with DD thing. I wouldn't expect any decisions until the last or penultimate Thursday of April. And then starting May, all bets are off. I can't be the only one who thinks DD is just another term for waitlist here right? I know they say you are actively being considered for A, WL, or R as a DD candidate but if they haven't waitlisted anyone officially by now, DD might as well be equivalent to WL.

Reactions: 1 users

I feel your pain. It really does seem like they haven't accepted very many people at this point.

Hey, does anyone know how/where I can withdraw? Thanks, and good luck to folks waiting to hear back!

So it seems like no February interviews have heard back. It seems unfair that AAMC has guidelines starting April 15 and then May 1 without us having full information from Vermont :-(

Hey, does anyone know how/where I can withdraw? Thanks, and good luck to folks waiting to hear back!
I emailed their admissions email from the secondary portal. I also got my fin aid package yesterday despite being withdrawn lol. 42k ubsubsidized, 52k grad plus. No Scholarship or need based aid included. Best of luck everyone, you will get in I believe it!!!

As someone else who is on the outside desperately looking in, just want to echo this and add a few more findings from this afternoon's procrastination. Do what you will with this info, or don't! Hoping we all get clarity over the next few weeks.

From this thread, only counting users with reported II and known/relatively clear decisions (n=79):

20 Accepted (25%) (4 Withdrawn)
34 (43%) Delayed Decision*
25 (32%) Interview but no decision yet

Other notes:

- Of those who reported II and decision dates, it took a median (IQR) 11 weeks (8-14) to receive a decision (range 6-25 weeks).

- It looks like January 31, 2023 was a cut-off for receiving a decision on February 24th or March 24th. No one after this date has reported a decision yet, but you may get one this week ahead of the April 15 recommendation to reduce A's to a shortlist of 3 schools.

- Known IS decisions were reported in December (16th); OOS decisions came after after.

- Interview invites were reported as early as August (17?) and as late as March 3.

- Based on what I could gather from users' profiles, 9/16 accepted users who have not already reported withdrawing are unlikely to go to UVM :eyebrow:

*DD's may be overreported relative to other numbers since they can turn into unreported A's.

As someone else who is on the outside desperately looking in, just want to echo this and add a few more findings from this afternoon's procrastination. Do what you will with this info, or don't! Hoping we all get clarity over the next few weeks.

From this thread, only counting users with reported II and known/relatively clear decisions (n=79):

20 Accepted (25%) (4 Withdrawn)
34 (43%) Delayed Decision*
25 (32%) Interview but no decision yet

Other notes:

- Of those who reported II and decision dates, it took a median (IQR) 11 weeks (8-14) to receive a decision (range 6-25 weeks).

- It looks like January 31, 2023 was a cut-off for receiving a decision on February 24th or March 24th. No one after this date has reported a decision yet, but you may get one this week ahead of the April 15 recommendation to reduce A's to a shortlist of 3 schools.

- Known IS decisions were reported in December (16th); OOS decisions came after after.

- Interview invites were reported as early as August (17?) and as late as March 3.

- Based on what I could gather from users' profiles, 9/16 accepted users who have not already reported withdrawing are unlikely to go to UVM :eyebrow:

*DD's may be overreported relative to other numbers since they can turn into unreported A's.
I appreciate the work you put in this is interesting info. I really think that there will be decisions this week because of the April 15th deadline approaching

I appreciate the work you put in this is interesting info. I really think that there will be decisions this week because of the April 15th deadline approaching

Do remember that April 15 is not a deadline. It’s just a guideline or suggestion. April 30/May 1 is an official deadline to narrow down to one acceptance with other waitlists (PTE). You can also CTE from that point on which means one acceptance with no other waitlists. As a fellow DD here, I would love to see some mvmt this Thursday but wouldn’t hold my breath either until the end of the month.

Do remember that April 15 is not a deadline. It’s just a guideline or suggestion. April 30/May 1 is an official deadline to narrow down to one acceptance with other waitlists (PTE). You can also CTE from that point on which means one acceptance with no other waitlists. As a fellow DD here, I would love to see some mvmt this Thursday but wouldn’t hold my breath either until the end of the month.
True that April 15 isn’t deadline but since we applied last summer it would be nice to have more than a week to make final decision (speaking as one who interviewed in Feb).

True that April 15 isn’t deadline but since we applied last summer it would be nice to have more than a week to make final decision (speaking as one who interviewed in Feb).

Couldn’t agree more (speaking as one who interviewed september and on DD purgatory since January)

Do we know if it would be an email or call and approx what time of day… if we hear today 🤞
my DD in January was like at 4:30 pm EST but i also know others who've heard back since then have been at all kinds of other times. Hang tight friends

Well this was fun y'all. Run it back next week?

• Sad
Here I thought I'd get an email at 4:30 PM EST

IMG_3262.jpg

• Haha
Maybe we get decisions tomorrow due to Easter Monday…?

Was just placed on DD

This is ridiculous. I have other acceptances I’m not waiting around for this anymore. Delaying me in the middle of April?

• Care
Accepted! OOS, LM 80, interviewed early Feb.

Was just placed on DD

This is ridiculous. I have other acceptances I’m not waiting around for this anymore. Delaying me in the middle of April?
same lol. It is mid April, miss me with this DD stuff

Last edited:
Radio silence for this DDer ... I'd like to sue for undue emotional distress please 🙃
This Is Fine GIF

Not me interviewing at one of the first interviews in the cycle and thinking I’d know before the holidays if I got in 🤡

Reactions: 4 users