2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it safe to assume that I have been screened out pre-secondary at this point in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it safe to assume that I have been screened out pre-secondary at this point in the cycle?
I don't think so! I played around on archive.org and they sent out some (<100) secondaries after this point last year
A couple people in last year's thread also got pre-secondary Rs

I also think that Vandy sorts apps heavily by MCAT to establish their medians early. However, from what I can tell, they are still quite holistic, so if you're like me and slightly under their medians, these next few months are probably when you'd receive an II (if you were going to receive one anyway). The "~50% left" is spooky, but there are plenty of invites out there.

This is completely conjecture, btw, but it's just my thoughts on how the process works.

I see they updated their website to 340ish II , crossing fingers for this weeks drop.🙏

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre secondary R just now 👍 good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Pre secondary R also, I honestly forgot I yolo'd my app here :lol:

Has anyone received an interview since they update the website to 388?

Interview Invite just now! OOS ORM, complete Mid-July

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II 30 mins ago!! OOS ORM, complete 7/26, LM 76

Incredibly surprised tbh since my MCAT is below their median but I'll take it :D

Earliest dates were first week of December

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Scheduled last week of this month. Does anyone know the cutoff date for receiving a decision in December (versus February)?

Reactions: 2 users
Feels bad watching that tracker go up to 470 and still not having a II. Has anyone here had an IS II?

II today! Scheduled last week of this month. Does anyone know the cutoff date for receiving a decision in December (versus February)?
on my interview they said the adcom will meet once a month, so November interviewee can end up at Dec or Feb.

Does anyone know if they wait until spring to send out pre-II R's? Or do they roll them out throughout.

They have sent 470 interviews. Since they usually send out 550, they’ve sent out 85% of their interviews. Right?

They have sent 470 interviews. Since they usually send out 550, they’ve sent out 85% of their interviews. Right?
Darn I feel a little excluded haha. Maybe they're just sending the best IIs for last.

MSAR says they sent out 772 during whichever cycle MSAR data is based on. Where are you getting the number 550?

Inside VUSM Admissions - Vanderbilt Medicine. If you control-F 550, it’s said on their official website. On another link, it’s said 600. Vandy is almost done interviewing this cycle. I know schools like Yale and NYU are too.
They said that last year as well but based on AAMC and I think even their own numbers from their website last year it was closer to 700. So like 67% sent now

Last cycle Vanderbilt sent out interview invites as late as mid-January. Interviews continued throughout February.

II received on 11/8. Complete 7/17. OOS. Excited for the chance!

Can’t believe it but II just now! Complete 9/22, LM70, URM, OOS

Congrats y’all!! Hoping to be in your position soon. I love vandy <3

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
might also be Dec 16
yeah, this date would correspond to the day they did it last year. Also, we should be aware that the first wave of acceptances was made over two days (friday and sat last year) and sometimes calls occurred pretty late in the afternoon. yes, i'm extra but trying to calm my nerves as an early interviewer here lol