2022-2023 Vanderbilt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II OOS ORM, LM 83, complete 07/12

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else unable to schedule their interview? All of the dates on the calendar are greyed out for me all the way through January lol.
I opened it right when they sent the invite, and there were only two options. I clicked on one after debating for like 5 min, and it disappeared (so I’m assuming it was full). I then scheduled the other one. I think they just messed up the number of spots on their calendar and need to add more

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else unable to schedule their interview? All of the dates on the calendar are greyed out for me all the way through January lol.
Pretty much same for me but there was one day in early September that I could schedule mine. Tbh I’m sure it’s just a bug and it’ll get fixed soon.

I was able to schedule my interview right away for 9/9, but probably bc I did it almost immediately? not sure

Huh, strange. Anyone else still not able to schedule, then?
I am not able to and I am wondering when I should reach out. I saw this was happening on last year's thread, and people ended up scheduling through email or phone.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
apparently they've only sent out 90 IIs so far out of like ~770 if that means anything about it still being early lol

Reactions: 1 users
+1 OOS secondary this morning 0.0

Anyone scheduled to interview a URM? Are you opting to meeting with a representative from the office of diversity affairs? I am not sure how to approach this and am leaning towards saying no. Will that look weird?
I feel stressed as it is interviewing with 2 people, and I don’t want to add another person to that list and be prepared to ask questions on that topic.

Anyone scheduled to interview a URM? Are you opting to meeting with a representative from the office of diversity affairs? I am not sure how to approach this and am leaning towards saying no. Will that look weird?
I feel stressed as it is interviewing with 2 people, and I don’t want to add another person to that list and be prepared to ask questions on that topic.
I opted for it (URM here btw).

apparently they've only sent out 90 IIs so far out of like ~770 if that means anything about it still being early lol
So does Vanderbilt post their interview/offer info similar to what Michigan does? If so, where can I find that? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II just in!! Submitted July 19. OOS. Don't give up guys...they are coming!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II just now! Complete 8/13. Thank goodness I decided to finish their 800-word secondary prompt lol. Also, I was given the choice of two interview dates, and then I uploaded my photo, and now I no longer can choose ANY dates... not sure what is going on, maybe the glitch others are having? Has this been resolved for anyone?

+1 oos cant select dates either complete July 25th

Just had a heart attack getting that info session email from Vanderbilt thinking it was an II 🙃

Does Vandy do rolling admissions? I haven't applied here yet because my LM is only 75, but I am starting to consider it, and I'm wondering if applying this late with lower stats would basically be an automatic R lol

Does Vandy do rolling admissions? I haven't applied here yet because my LM is only 75, but I am starting to consider it, and I'm wondering if applying this late with lower stats would basically be an automatic R lol
75 is definitely not low :,) I would just shoot your shot! You never know!

Vandy does rolling admissions, but you have a chance for an interview as long as you submit your secondary by the deadline. You are not late.

I got an II with a LM 72.4! Don’t lose hope

Reactions: 3 users
Wow you are all so kind :cryi: makin me want to apply just so you guys could be my future classmates

top choice!!! plz come for me vandy sweep me away

...still dk if I like the tracker or if its just another thing for me to keep checkin rippppppppp

I got my interview assignments. I’m wondering is the short closed file interview with the first person and then long open file interview with the second person?

I got my interview assignments. I’m wondering is the short closed file interview with the first person and then long open file interview with the second person?
That's what I'm thinking just because my first and second interview are only 30 minutes apart.

II just now too! Complete 8/15, URM LM-82. God is good y'all!!

Did you receive an email right after asking to provide your preference for which day to interview? If so, did you reply to the email directly or through the application portal? Thanks!
Yeah I got that email and just replied and they gave me my first choice

Did you receive an email right after asking to provide your preference for which day to interview? If so, did you reply to the email directly or through the application portal? Thanks!
Directly to the email!

OOS II this morning, LM ~ 81, ORM, complete mid-late July. Super happy!!!

Why is there no movement from Vandy? Did anyone receive any type of communication from Vandy?
Complete on 08/03

Why is there no movement from Vandy? Did anyone receive any type of communication from Vandy?
Complete on 08/03
they send IIs like every two weeks. Theyve already sent ~50% of their IIs I believe, but there is still time so I wouldn't stress!

Complete on 08/03
They have had movement if you look look at their tracker. Probably a large number of people that don't use SDN who have received II so far

Complete on 08/03
What do you mean? Vanderbilt has sent 287 interviews already, according to their admissions tracker. Not every applicant uses SDN or posts about II or R’s

Complete on 08/03
I also think that Vandy sorts apps heavily by MCAT to establish their medians early. However, from what I can tell, they are still quite holistic, so if you're like me and slightly under their medians, these next few months are probably when you'd receive an II (if you were going to receive one anyway). The "~50% left" is spooky, but there are plenty of invites out there.

This is completely conjecture, btw, but it's just my thoughts on how the process works.

II just now completed early July, my alma mater !

• Love
Reactions: 5 users