2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who prematched!!
Did you happen to call or send any LOIs, LORs, or update letters since your interview?
I didn't send anything like that. Just brief thank you letters to my interviewers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
after some deliberation I gave up my interview spot. Hope one of y’all get it! Although I’d love to live in San Antonio and I really adore the faculty at this school, I decided a while ago that I rather stay close to family.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
after some deliberation I gave up my interview spot. Hope one of y’all get it! Although I’d love to live in San Antonio and I really adore the faculty at this school, I decided a while ago that I rather stay close to family.
Congratulations! These decisions are not easy.

I thought San Antonio was your family. :)

I thought San Antonio was your family. :)
most of my close friends (who I’d considered family) have moved out of SA now or will be moving in the next few months. Weirdly enough everyone’s moving to Dallas which is heavily skewing my decision.

Have they given out interviews for 1/28 or is 1/20 the last day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what first and second years wear to class here (scrubs/casual/ business casual/professional)? Thx.

Does anyone know what first and second years wear to class here (scrubs/casual/ business casual/professional)? Thx.
Regular class (80% of your time) - casual
Anatomy - scrubs
Clinical skills (1% of your time) - professional

Reactions: 3 users
I know the match does not apply to OOS applicants, but is that day when most OOS people find out if they got in/waitlisted/rejected?

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R, good luck everyone still in the running
Unfortunately, the season is winding down. If IIs have not been received already, it would probably depend solely on people cancelling their II.

Reactions: 2 users
has anyone else heard anything else in terms of pre-II rejections? Do we think they’re sending them in waves?

I guess my suspicions were right, just got the pre-II R

• Care
+1

Little Rascals Your Loss GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
finally got the much anticipated R. honestly worded really nice.

Just received a scholarship via email from Dr. K!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Does Long have mandatory classes? I thought I heard it has significantly more mandatory than other schools

Does Long have mandatory classes? I thought I heard it has significantly more mandatory than other schools
I always heard this, but during one of the interview panels, we were told that lecture is not mandatory Monday through Wednesday. Of course, you also have anatomy lab twice per week, along with clinical skills once per week, but these activities are typical at most schools. It was actually nice to find out that they don't have mandatory lecture every single day.

Is there a match list for the class of 2022?

Thank you! I had just found it which is why I deleted the post lol

• Haha
Just curious, does anyone know if acceptance emails will be sent out at the same time as match results?

Just curious, does anyone know if acceptance emails will be sent out at the same time as match results?
Like all of these general questions, "it varies".
Some schools will send out a welcome email early in the morning, others some time later that day.
Match results will be on your TMDSAS portal at 8am Central.

I always heard this, but during one of the interview panels, we were told that lecture is not mandatory Monday through Wednesday. Of course, you also have anatomy lab twice per week, along with clinical skills once per week, but these activities are typical at most schools. It was actually nice to find out that they don't have mandatory lecture every single day.
I love this school and I prefer to go to class in person, but we have a loooot of required classes. More often than not you'll have at least one required lecture a day, plus your labs and clinical skills. There's maybe one day out of the week that you don't have to be there for something. This doesn't bother me as much, but the stream team people are always shocked by this. just a heads up! :)

I love this school and I prefer to go to class in person, but we have a loooot of required classes. More often than not you'll have at least one required lecture a day, plus your labs and clinical skills. There's maybe one day out of the week that you don't have to be there for something. This doesn't bother me as much, but the stream team people are always shocked by this. just a heads up! :)
So are they lying about there not being mandatory lecture three days per week? I get that there are mandatory activities, and that's at all schools. My concern is whether I am required to attend actual lecture, and Long communicated that this was only on Thursdays and Fridays.

So are they lying about there not being mandatory lecture three days per week? I get that there are mandatory activities, and that's at all schools. My concern is whether I am required to attend actual lecture, and Long communicated that this was only on Thursdays and Fridays.
I really think it's their goal to do that, but modules have a certain number of required attendances, so sometimes that doesn't happen. Every module is different, but I would expect a mandatory lecture at least W, Th, and Fri, plus the weekly quizzes M morning. Not all lectures in a day will be required, usually 1-2, so you would get a break there. Tues usually is a non-required day, but like I said it varies. I don't consider this to be a bad thing because they're usually beneficial lectures if they're required, but I definitely did not know how often I would have to be there going into it

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I still haven't gotten a decision and I interviewed in September or October, I forget exactly when. Anyone else in the same boat, or should I email real quick and ask for my rejection to be resent lol?

I still haven't gotten a decision and I interviewed in September or October, I forget exactly when. Anyone else in the same boat, or should I email real quick and ask for my rejection to be resent lol?
I'm in the same boat (OOS). I'm assuming they're waiting until after match results are announced so they can make sure they have their IS quota filled before drawing from the OOS pool.

Reactions: 3 users
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

Reactions: 6 users
I'm in the same boat (OOS). I'm assuming they're waiting until after match results are announced so they can make sure they have their IS quota filled before drawing from the OOS pool.
That makes total sense. I am OOS as well. I hope they can get those decisions out quickly because I fell in love with this school during the interview and the anticipation is killing me!

• Care