2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any guesses as to when the next round of prematches will be?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received 12/1. OOS!!! Big surprise given my few interviews otherwise... weird cycle

Reactions: 8 users
II just now! IS, stats in signature. Complete 07/29 and update sent 11/26.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II received right now as well! Completed 7/29. IS, URM, LizzyM: 67. Dates available were 1/6, 1/13, and 1/20.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think they'll send more invites to interview soon? I was invited last cycle and my friend who got an interview at the same time as me last year just recieved another invite.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think they'll send more invites to interview soon? I was invited last cycle and my friend who got an interview at the same time as me last year just recieved another invite.
I think they’re basically send them up until the end (maybe a week b4) that’s what they did last year I think the last interview date is 01/27

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Admin knows what they’re doing when they ask everyone to stand up during the interview lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I don’t wear pants so I’d probably just log off.
Even worse, in the interview tips video, the assistant dean says "standing up with sweatpants on is one of the worst mistakes, so dress appropriately." It's like they are gauging whether or not students comb their admissions website and watch the recommended videos

Even worse, in the interview tips video, the assistant dean says "standing up with sweatpants on is one of the worst mistakes, so dress appropriately." It's like they are gauging whether or not students comb their admissions website and watch the recommended videos
That’s really extra lol

Does anyone know if they accept updates?
I believe they do! I read online that they did & I updated them with my Publication a while back. I am also drafting and intend to write more updates, so they don't forget about me. I'm no longer IS, but this school is the medical school closest to my hometown & I'm really hoping for an acceptance. I spoke with the dean during an optional Q&A, and she told me that they do accept updates and LOI but that it's possible my application has already been reviewed and it won't matter. I'm still going to try, though! Good luck to all of you guys!!

Does anyone that interviewed here remember if they took attendance/checked everyone back in after the individual interviews when they did the student Q and A and virtual tour? I just realized I totally forgot to come back for this and I'm kinda worried... I really like this school.

Does anyone that interviewed here remember if they took attendance/checked everyone back in after the individual interviews when they did the student Q and A and virtual tour? I just realized I totally forgot to come back for this and I'm kinda worried... I really like this school.
dude i left straight after my interviews. don't think you need to worry.

Did the same thing at UTSW (not by accident, my internet cut out). I emailed admissions and they told me not to worry about it. I highly doubt this will affect your decision, and for what it’s worth, I don’t remember them taking roll call.

Gave up my interview seat, hope one of you gets it : )

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
do we think they’re still handing out invites? Or is this school most likely done for the cycle?

I think he sent them that tired old pick me love me meme and they dont read UTH threads to know it is too stale.
pretty sure they saw my passion for good tacos and remembering the Alamo.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Prematched just now! Interviewed 10/28

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Prematched! I'm literally sitting in my car across the street from the school and got the email!!!
(Interviewed 10/28)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Prematched! I'm literally sitting in my car across the street from the school and got the email!!!
Congrats! I’m really hoping to hear good news from this school

• Care
What? Were you surveilling them?
No, coincidentally I had the luncheon/tour today. And I came back to campus to show my parents around and that's when I got the email.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
No, coincidentally I had the luncheon/tour today. And I came back to campus to show my parents around and that's when I got the email.
I couldn't make the luncheon today and had to reschedule. How was it!? Congratulations!!

I couldn't make the luncheon today and had to reschedule. How was it!? Congratulations!!
It was super chill. Food was good. Dr. K made an appearance and stopped by all the tables. All the other applicants were also super nice and friendly. I really enjoyed the day.

Congrats to everyone who prematched!!
Did you happen to call or send any LOIs, LORs, or update letters since your interview?