2022-2023 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This has been asked in the GroupMe and Discord. Seems like tons of people haven’t yet! Someone emailed and the school responded and said they plan on sending out in April.
Thank you!! Do you mind sharing the link to join the discord and groupme?

Members don't see this ad.

The amount I’m going to receive from the CoE scholarship was written in the email (received like a month or two before match), mine wasn’t a full ride but I know they do give out bigger scholarships including full rides.
Gotcha, but does that mean once you receive a certain amount it cannot get changed? I called the financial aid office and they mentioned a scholarship application that can grant you more money. Basically I was just wondering if they have given out any full rides this early or if thats going to happen later? I am stuck between two schools and knowing whether or not imma get more $$$ from Long is a pretty important consideration.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha, but does that mean once you receive a certain amount it cannot get changed? I called the financial aid office and they mentioned a scholarship application that can grant you more money. Basically I was just wondering if they have given out any full rides this early or if thats going to happen later? I am stuck between two schools and knowing whether or not imma get more $$$ from Long is a pretty important consideration.
Hmmm I'm not sure I would email them and explain/ask about that. Maybe you can get them to offer you more to lure you to go there instead of another school. They did say more scholarships would be given out after match but I haven't heard of anything yet. Also I'm in-state so less familiar with how things might go for OOS people.

Hmmm I'm not sure I would email them and explain/ask about that. Maybe you can get them to offer you more to lure you to go there instead of another school. They did say more scholarships would be given out after match but I haven't heard of anything yet. Also I'm in-state so less familiar with how things might go for OOS people.
Got it thanks man!!

People who got into Long, what were your stats and experiences?
Welcome to SDN, @Ilikespidey
I don't think you'll get a lot of answers to broad sweeping questions like that, but if you read back in this thread starting about here you can see
people's announcements & sometimes stats: #317

Last edited:
Posting late, but received a full tuition scholarship earlier last week! Even now I keep reading the email over and over because I can't actually believe it is real lol!!! I'm just so happy and grateful😄🎉

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Posting late, but received a full tuition scholarship earlier last week! Even now I keep reading the email over and over because I can't actually believe it is real lol!!! I'm just so happy and grateful😄🎉
Congratulations! Do you need to apply for it? Please share the process. Thanks!

Congratulations! Do you need to apply for it? Please share the process. Thanks!
I didn't actually do anything to apply for this specifically! I did call the financial aid office a few weeks ago to ask about the process of applying for scholarships and they told me that only once I was listed as a matriculated student in the system and had access to scholarship application could it be filled out. Since this happened before all that I would presume this was a part of a different system.

In any case, I'm super thankful this happened. Sorry if that wasn't super informative, it's just that there wasn't much I did individually outside of the normal application process.

I didn't actually do anything to apply for this specifically! I did call the financial aid office a few weeks ago to ask about the process of applying for scholarships and they told me that only once I was listed as a matriculated student in the system and had access to scholarship application could it be filled out. Since this happened before all that I would presume this was a part of a different system.

In any case, I'm super thankful this happened. Sorry if that wasn't super informative, it's just that there wasn't much I did individually outside of the normal application process.
Thanks for the information. Is the scholarship application in AMP portal? Do you need to fill up fafsa?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received a full tuition scholarship a few weeks back! Was such a pleasant surprise!! I had filled out fafsa but not the school’s scholarship app. I had a suspicion they were going to offer me a scholarship because they had emailed me asking me for more financial info. Also @SillyGooseMed congrats as well!! Very proud of both of us :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the information. Is the scholarship application in AMP portal? Do you need to fill up fafsa?
The scholarship app will be available in the student portal which you will be able to access once you have your student email/account info. To my knowledge, most incoming students haven’t received their email yet so don’t stress too much. If you want to get the jump on your scholarship app, here is the sample scholarship app from 2021. Also, fill out the fafsa ASAP!!

Reactions: 1 users
The scholarship app will be available in the student portal which you will be able to access once you have your student email/account info. To my knowledge, most incoming students haven’t received their email yet so don’t stress too much. If you want to get the jump on your scholarship app, here is the sample scholarship app from 2021. Also, fill out the fafsa ASAP!!
Would I need to have received my student email before filling out FAFSA? Thank you for all the info and congrats to you and SillyGooseMed!

• Care
Would I need to have received my student email before filling out FAFSA? Thank you for all the info and congrats to you and SillyGooseMed!
You can fill out the FAFSA at any time. In fact, I think they advised us to finish the FAFSA on Feb 14th as part of what I think they called “Self Love Day!”

• Care
Has anyone received a waitlist offer from Long yet?

Has anyone received a waitlist offer from Long yet?
I did a double take on that waitlist support session email this morning since I haven’t even gotten anything from Long saying I’ve been waitlisted. Has anyone gotten an official WL email?

Reactions: 1 users
I did a double take on that waitlist support session email this morning since I haven’t even gotten anything from Long saying I’ve been waitlisted. Has anyone gotten an official WL email?
Long adds all "interviewed but not accepted" people to the WL so there is no need to send out an email.

I also got off the waitlist yesterday. Super excited to attend here, it was my number 1 choice!! I was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the GroupMe.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I also got off the waitlist yesterday. Super excited to attend here, it was my number 1 choice!! I was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the GroupMe.
Congratulations! Seem to be a lot of UT students on welcome day, so you'll fit right in! Message me if you still need the GroupMe

IS A from the WL this morning. Will be declining (and actually emailed last night turning down WL position lol)

Edit: came with a $5k/yr scholarship offer too! Hoping that money can go to a fellow WLer!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
IS A from the WL this morning. Will be declining (and actually emailed last night turning down WL position lol)

Edit: came with a $5k/yr scholarship offer too! Hoping that money can go to a fellow WLer!
You must be special. Suddenly everyone wants you!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I just got in 😭😭😭😭 I can’t believe it. IS. Will be accepting the offer.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
OOS acceptance, though I will sadly be turning it down. This was a really tough one because I had literally just signed a lease in another city 2 days before getting this offer. Here's to hopefully getting an offer for residency someday :')

OOS acceptance, though I will sadly be turning it down. This was a really tough one because I had literally just signed a lease in another city 2 days before getting this offer. Here's to hopefully getting an offer for residency someday :')
Dang, @public_lemon what is your secret sauce?