2022-2023 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@OrexinRules can you help out here? I think ground was broken on your new big building, but are the MS1-2 students still in the interim location?
4055 International Plaza Fort Worth is the interim location. M1-M4 have classes there - however, the upperclassman are rarely there as they are in rotations/aways/Sub-I's a majority of the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hard to believe a II hasn't been sent yet, so I imagine people not on sdn have gotten an interview at this point since their first day is this upcoming Monday.

Reactions: 4 users
@OrexinRules can you help out here? I think ground was broken on your new big building, but are the MS1-2 students still in the interim location?
@wysdoc Just like previous threads, will an admissions officer be able to confirm when interview invitations have started being sent out? Would they also be able to answer any questions we may have about the curriculum, etc?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc Just like previous threads, will an admissions officer be able to confirm when interview invitations have started being sent out? Would they also be able to answer any questions we may have about the curriculum, etc?
I haven’t seen an official TCU admissions rep joining in on SDN this admissions season.
Personnel changes from time to time, so it might not be something they are giving time to this year.
Curriculum is searchable on their website.

Hard to believe a II hasn't been sent yet, so I imagine people not on sdn have gotten an interview at this point since their first day is this upcoming Monday.
I guess we could email them? Haha.

Hi, current MS2. I can't answer any questions about interview invites but more than happy to answer questions about the curriculum, my experience, and anything else y'all want to ask!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, current MS2. I can't answer any questions about interview invites but more than happy to answer questions about the curriculum, my experience, and anything else y'all want to ask!
Hello @cheesyvibez! Thank you for your willingness to clarify a few things! I know you’re extremely busy!

1. How has your experience been for Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships in Phase 1/2 and which LIC do you prefer? Are you essentially paired with one practicing physician for the remainder of the year 1 (shadowing) and developing soft skills? For phase 2 LICs, are you able to rotate and actually care for patients (charting, practice with physical examinations, suggesting prescriptions, developing treatment plan, etc)?

2. So far, what is your favorite course in the curriculum? There are too many acronyms to keep up with! 🤣

Hello @cheesyvibez! Thank you for your willingness to clarify a few things! I know you’re extremely busy!

1. How has your experience been for Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships in Phase 1/2 and which LIC do you prefer? Are you essentially paired with one practicing physician for the remainder of the year 1 (shadowing) and developing soft skills? For phase 2 LICs, are you able to rotate and actually care for patients (charting, practice with physical examinations, suggesting prescriptions, developing treatment plan, etc)?

2. So far, what is your favorite course in the curriculum? There are too many acronyms to keep up with! 🤣
No problem! My class (MS2s) are currently on a break so glad I can help!

1. So I am about to start Phase 2 inpatient immersions so I can give you more info on that later or @OrexinRules might be able to give you a better idea about it! For Phase 1, I loved my LIC. We are all placed with a single preceptor in either family medicine or internal medicine. Experiences vary because preceptors are different but for the most part you are doing way more than just shadowing. In my clinic, I usually saw the patient on my own, did the physical exam, presented the patient, and helped with the note as well despite being a MS1. It's nice because as you learn how to do certain physical exams you can incorporate it while you are in clinic. My preceptor usually asked me what differentials I had and what my plan would be to try to push me even though she knew I was a MS1.

2. Honestly, I think LIC during phase 1 was my favorite part. Sometimes, it landed during exam week which could be stressful, but overall, it added a great perspective to the main MHD (our sciences course) class and it helped cement topics you learned in class when you saw it in clinic. Also LIC was helpful in the moments when I just got burnt and stressed out from school because it really put into perspective and reminded me why I came to medical school! (There are way too many acronyms but the school provides you with a document to help later on!)

No problem! My class (MS2s) are currently on a break so glad I can help!

1. So I am about to start Phase 2 inpatient immersions so I can give you more info on that later or @OrexinRules might be able to give you a better idea about it! For Phase 1, I loved my LIC. We are all placed with a single preceptor in either family medicine or internal medicine. Experiences vary because preceptors are different but for the most part you are doing way more than just shadowing. In my clinic, I usually saw the patient on my own, did the physical exam, presented the patient, and helped with the note as well despite being a MS1. It's nice because as you learn how to do certain physical exams you can incorporate it while you are in clinic. My preceptor usually asked me what differentials I had and what my plan would be to try to push me even though she knew I was a MS1.

2. Honestly, I think LIC during phase 1 was my favorite part. Sometimes, it landed during exam week which could be stressful, but overall, it added a great perspective to the main MHD (our sciences course) class and it helped cement topics you learned in class when you saw it in clinic. Also LIC was helpful in the moments when I just got burnt and stressed out from school because it really put into perspective and reminded me why I came to medical school! (There are way too many acronyms but the school provides you with a document to help later on!)
are classes P/F or graded? (thanks for answering questions) :)

are classes P/F or graded? (thanks for answering questions) :)
Yes, didactics are P/F (so entire phase 1). Phase 2 has inpatient immersions and outpatient and we have been told that inpatient portion does not get letter grades while outpatient is Honors/pass/fail! (ofc glad I can help!)

Reactions: 3 users
Are we sure that the first interview day is this upcoming Monday? If a II hasn't been sent out yet... there's no way that it's starting in a few days :/

Are we sure that the first interview day is this upcoming Monday? If a II hasn't been sent out yet... there's no way that it's starting in a few days :/

Unfortunately just because SDN hasn’t heard of any, doesn’t mean no II’s have gone out. For another school, in SDN, myself and one other person were the only people to receive an II for one school. When I arrived for my interview, I was surprised to see a TON of other people!

They could be going out and we just haven’t heard yet here on SDN

No reason to lose hope yet though

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately just because SDN hasn’t heard of any, doesn’t mean no II’s have gone out. For another school, in SDN, myself and one other person were the only people to receive an II for one school. When I arrived for my interview, I was surprised to see a TON of other people!

They could be going out and we just haven’t heard yet here on SDN

No reason to lose hope yet though
I would be surprised that no one has heard from anyone and everyone here is asking the same question if anyone has been called for an interview.

Hello, admissions staff member here! I just want to send a gentle reminder to all of you that patience is key and not everything you see on this website is true. If you have specific questions about our program, please email us at [email protected]. Our first interview day is taking place this month and we will interview through the spring. Keep calm and best of luck to you all on your journey to medicine!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users
Hello, admissions staff member here! I just want to send a gentle reminder to all of you that patience is key and not everything you see on this website is true. If you have specific questions about our program, please email us at [email protected]. Our first interview day is taking place this month and we will interview through the spring. Keep calm and best of luck to you all on your journey to medicine!
Thank you for reaching out and putting folks at ease! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi, thanks for letting us know :')! I have a quick question regarding LORs! It seems like a few people here (including myself haha) have their letters marked as received but the status of our applications isn't complete yet. Is this something that we should just wait on? I imagine the admissions team has to go through a lot of letters so that's probably why!

Hi, thanks for letting us know :')! I have a quick question regarding LORs! It seems like a few people here (including myself haha) have their letters marked as received but the status of our applications isn't complete yet. Is this something that we should just wait on? I imagine the admissions team has to go through a lot of letters so that's probably why!
Unless you receive an email from us asking for your LORs, you are fine!

Thank you for keeping all us premeds calm! I was wondering if you could shed some light on how interviews/admissions process works. Are interviews sent in order based on those who completed their apps first (aka those completed in july are being sent interviews now for sept)? Also, from my understanding, after interviews, acceptance decisions are made every 2 weeks after interviews? Thanks for the insight! Praying for a TCUSOM interview and acceptance :D

Thank you for keeping all us premeds calm! I was wondering if you could shed some light on how interviews/admissions process works. Are interviews sent in order based on those who completed their apps first (aka those completed in july are being sent interviews now for sept)? Also, from my understanding, after interviews, acceptance decisions are made every 2 weeks after interviews? Thanks for the insight! Praying for a TCUSOM interview and acceptance :D
Just to clarify, what they do every 2 weeks after your interview is to update your status. Your application has 3 fates: Rejection, Continued Consideration, and Acceptance. You may be on continued consideration for months until you finally hear about an acceptance/rejection.

Just to clarify, what they do every 2 weeks after your interview is to update your status. Your application has 3 fates: Rejection, Continued Consideration, and Acceptance. You may be on continued consideration for months until you finally hear about an acceptance/rejection.

Thank you! That’s what I was looking for haha GOODLUCK!

does anyone know if there is a maximum number of LOR you can submit?

class of 2022 profile is updated on the website if anyone's curious!

Looks like there is a big tilt toward women! Interesting diversity classifications.

Looks like class size is stuck at 40 (44 this year probably based on higher yield).

MCAT went up by a point but GPA went up by 10 points from 2021 (508 and 3.56 and 39 people).
TCU class size is and has been 60 per year.

TCU class size is and has been 60 per year.
My mistake - i was going by number of schools! I didnt see the total anywhere but there was a fallacy in my assumption that they took only one student per college when it said 5 from TCU!

I was thinking 25% texas at 11 students but at 60 students, i am not even sure Texas is making up in preference based on the population of texas as a percentage of US population. There is almost zero extra preference.

Yeah I noticed the percentage of females too. If you look at their first class size, it was a similar number but then went down again and now it's back up. I think it's simply a byproduct of there being more females than males applying to medical school nowadays. Many schools have fairly comparable numbers.

Yeah I noticed the percentage of females too. If you look at their first class size, it was a similar number but then went down again and now it's back up. I think it's simply a byproduct of there being more females than males applying to medical school nowadays. Many schools have fairly comparable numbers.
I am not so sure. There is usually very close parity between Women and men in the class profiles. Do you see any schools that are out of sync by 20%?

I am not so sure. There is usually very close parity between Women and men in the class profiles. Do you see any schools that are out of sync by 20%?
I remember emory was one

FWIW I recently was looking through Emory's profile online and they posted out of the 141 M1s there are 101 females and 40 males

A little disappointing that the percentage of LGBTQ+ identified individuals is down, however that could be reflective of other social circumstances and who's applying.
Had the same thought when I looked at the new profile. TCU is one of my top choices because my MSPA mentor goes there and has spoken about TCU's commitment to LGBTQ+ populations,,, hopefully the numbers are not reflective of the school's preference, but rather reflective of social circumstances like you said

• Love
A little disappointing that the percentage of LGBTQ+ identified individuals is down, however that could be reflective of other social circumstances and who's applying.
Yeah I doubt that's associated with the school changing their focus. If it was something they didn't care about they wouldn't even publish the data to begin with. Like you said, it probably lowered since the applicant pool varied last year. It's also possible they did accept around 25% (as last year) but those applicants chose to go elsewhere. Moral of the story is I wouldn't put any weight into that number, this school clearly values diversity.

I do agree that the number is higher than average. I was just trying to say most schools today are seemingly wanting to recruit more females, and females make up the larger majority of the applicant pool, so I am not entirely shocked at their number. As someone else noted Emory has an insane 72% females and I think Duke's numbers were around 70% as well.

FWIW I recently was looking through Emory's profile online and they posted out of the 141 M1s there are 101 females and 40 males
Thank you. Those are some shocking numbers and I would like to see 2022.

I am looking at Texas schools - UTSW says 55:45 (women:men) and UT houston shows 135:105 for 2020.

UTSA is actually slightly more men than women out of 220 - 111:102.

Edit: Checked Duke and they say 72% to 27% which makes a 75 to 30 class while it started as 54 to 43 female to male in applicants.

Last edited:
Hello, I have submitted my TCU secondary application on Monday (I know I am late in the cycle!). I am using a committee letter to meet the LOR requirements. The committee letter has 5 recommendation letters from various individuals. I have used the same committee letter (through AMCAS) to meet LOR requirements for other schools I have applied to. However, in case of TCU they would consider my committee letter as only one letter (even though it includes letters from various writers). Upon contacting TCU they have asked me to submit at least 2 other individual LORs. Now I am working to meet this requirement. My question is to folks on this forum is if anyone else has experienced the same issue? I want to make sure I have understood the issue correctly.

Hello, I have submitted my TCU secondary application on Monday (I know I am late in the cycle!). I am using a committee letter to meet the LOR requirements. The committee letter has 5 recommendation letters from various individuals. I have used the same committee letter (through AMCAS) to meet LOR requirements for other schools I have applied to. However, in case of TCU they would consider my committee letter as only one letter (even though it includes letters from various writers). Upon contacting TCU they have asked me to submit at least 2 other individual LORs. Now I am working to meet this requirement. My question is to folks on this forum is if anyone else has experienced the same issue? I want to make sure I have understood the issue correctly.
I am currently "incomplete" due to this reason. I emailed admissions about it and they said that they received my letters. They also said there is nothing else needed at the moment and that the system will update once the review is completed. Not sure what that means exactly because idk why my status is not changing if they consider my application complete

I am currently "incomplete" due to this reason. I emailed admissions about it and they said that they received my letters. They also said there is nothing else needed at the moment and that the system will update once the review is completed. Not sure what that means exactly because idk why my status is not changing if they consider my application complete
Also confused about this because I'm in the same boat. Sent a committee letter, marked as received but incomplete; gave them a call and they said not to worry about it and the status will be updated once they look through my letters. That was about 2 months ago so I'm not sure why it hasn't changed

Hello! I applied early to this school and had four evaluators in my HPAC Committee Letter. I am still incomplete, so when I emailed them they told me the committee letter only counts as one. Even though I had four people contribute to it and dont have anyone else left to ask. I was under the impression that my HPAC office added the additional letters to my committee letter, but TCU informed me there is only one. I'm not sure if anyone else is in the same boat as me, but I have just decided to give up on this school. I have tried to get my new PI for my new research lab to write me a quick letter, but she's very busy and I think at this point it will be so late that with my stats I dont stand a chance. I'm not sure why they told me my committee letter wasn't enough but told others it would be fine. Just in case anyone else is dealing with the same problems I am!