2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am having a hard time figuring out their interview format. Is it traditional? MMI? how long?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received today. Complete 7/15. 513, 3.8x, 2nd time applying to Rush

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if Rush tends to send IIs in order of complete date? Complete 7/12 and no word yet!

Do you all think its too late to submit my secondary? My primary was verified last Friday and I got the secondary on the same day. I don't wanna pay the fee if its not worth it.

Do you all think its too late to submit my secondary? My primary was verified last Friday and I got the secondary on the same day. I don't wanna pay the fee if its not worth it.
I'm not sure if it's too late but I just submitted mine last week. I figure it's better than nothing, and maybe I will still have a chance with the school.

Reactions: 1 user
If all of your secondaries are going to be submitted around this timeframe, I would apply here just because it was one of the shorter secondaries so it would probably not be a huge time investment to get it in. This secondary was also one of the cheaper ones if I remember correctly.

II just now! Complete 9/12 OOS, non-trad, did a post-bacc in Chicago

Reactions: 3 users
II today. Complete 7/28, OOS applicant.

II earlier today! Complete 07/11, OOS applicant, URM, non-trad, a lil over 3.0 sGPA, 509 MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
This is an unusual thread. Most schools that have this many applicants have 20+ pages, this has 4. Are they really that selective about sending secondaries?

This is an unusual thread. Most schools that have this many applicants have 20+ pages, this has 4. Are they really that selective about sending secondaries?

If I were to guess, it’s because Rush has been so transparent about their process from start to finish. No need to stress about secondaries because they say they’re screening and tell you if they don’t like your app. They’re quick with the IIs and relatively chronological. No need to ask post-II about A dates because they stress when you’ll have them in interview. I think there’s just less hubbub bc they’ve been so forthcoming throughout the cycle, so few questions need to be asked of fellow applicants here!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Complete 7/9 and have not heard back yet :/

Complete 7/20 silence

Complete in mid 06/2022. Just got pre-secondary rejection. OOS URM average MCAT and GPA.

Just got the A!!! OOS LM 63!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Received my R this afternoon. Wasn't even invited to the secondary :( OOS.

• Care
A - yesterday via email
OOS, ORM, 515, 3.7, lots of clinical and leadership

• Love
Just saw on an earlier page in this thread that interview invites probability from receiving a secondary is 5%.guessing it has to be higher because they have a pretty rigid screen compared to other schools? anybody agree?

Just saw on an earlier page in this thread that interview invites probability from receiving a secondary is 5%.guessing it has to be higher because they have a pretty rigid screen compared to other schools? anybody agree?
I think this is a reasonable assumption if the original post was just talking about a general % IIs for all schools, it seems like a lot of people didn’t get the secondary this year

This page has a lot of good information listed. 464 interviews out of 7809 completed applications. So closer to 6%

I see that RUSH doesnt match well into Ortho despite being an Ortho powerhouse. Could a current tell me as to why this is the case? I am someone who is very interested in Ortho

Seems like barely any IS II's have been sent out thus far... complete mid-july and straight silence since

• Sad
Seems like barely any IS II's have been sent out thus far... complete mid-july and straight silence since
Same here. Above their median stats and felt like I meshed SUPER well with the school. Gonna be really bummed if I get the R from there.

Forgive me if I’m misinformed, but I was under the assumption that IS/OOS does not matter for admissions to private schools, since they don’t have a quota or limit or anything for number of IS/OOS seats. Is this not the case?

Forgive me if I’m misinformed, but I was under the assumption that IS/OOS does not matter for admissions to private schools, since they don’t have a quota or limit or anything for number of IS/OOS seats. Is this not the case?
I think that is just a general tendency. Private schools have more freedom in terms of how they want their class to be. For rush, based on MSAR, IS is still at an advantage over OOS. Especially with the amount of OOS applicants so large for this particular school.

Just got an email from Rush saying my application is still under active consideration and thanking me for my patience. Anyone else?? Seemed like an automated update

Reactions: 11 users
Just got an email from Rush saying my application is still under active consideration and thanking me for my patience. Anyone else?? Seemed like an automated update
+1

Seems like my email does not have this update… soft pre-II R? I’ve had radio silence since submitting on 7/19

omg I've been dying waiting for 10/28 and now this?? really hope theyre not too far behind

Seems like my email does not have this update… soft pre-II R? I’ve had radio silence since submitting on 7/19
+1 but I was complete 8/1 so maybe they haven't gotten to mine yet? or at least that's what I'll tell myself for the time being lmao

No email here either complete end Aug

last cycle, it was either based on last name or complete day. Eventually everyone received the email

Reactions: 6 users