2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Verified June 8. I sent an email July 22 and they're reply stated "We are currently in the process of reviewing applications and sending out secondary applications to all eligible applicants." So not super helpful and no date range of when to expect. If you decide to reach out and get a better response please share any info! :)
Do you mean June 28 or July 8 - verification was late June, no? I was verified June 28, just received their secondary today. I thought I was screened out. That suggests to me they might be doing a human review of applicants now that might have been screened out from some auto-process.

Members don't see this ad.

I think RMC and a few other schools have filters for sending secondariess. If apps get flagged from filtering, school adcoms prob look at the apps to decide. This happened to me with a different school and RMC’s process seems pretty similar.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a bit confused about the section about the direct patient care/contact experience question. I obviously spoke about direct patient care in my activity description in the primary so would I just be repeating the same thing but shorten version? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit confused about the section about the direct patient care/contact experience question. I obviously spoke about direct patient care in my activity description in the primary so would I just be repeating the same thing but shorten version? Thanks!
I think the secondary specifically says to not just repeat from your primary. I think they want specific skills or a new story

Reactions: 1 user
For the proof of citizenship, does anyone know if you can submit an expired US passport? Because I am not sure if I can submit any other documents. I emailed the ADCOM but wanted to see if there were other alternatives

For the proof of citizenship, does anyone know if you can submit an expired US passport? Because I am not sure if I can submit any other documents. I emailed the ADCOM but wanted to see if there were other alternatives
I'd assume they would want to see something not expired. If you are a US citizen, do you not have a birth certificate?

very nice of rush to send us an alumni spotlight from our undergrad but boy did my heart drop

is it just me or anyone else not get any promotional emails from Rush?

Members don't see this ad :)
My AMCAS was verified on 14 Aug, secondary 17 Aug, complete 22 Aug.

Keeping my expectations incredibly low as a low stat applicant, but I hope for the best for the all of you guys!

App was verified 7/5 and is one of the 2 schools I have not received a secondary yet...low stat applicant but still hoping for a chance

App was verified 7/5 and is one of the 2 schools I have not received a secondary yet...low stat applicant but still hoping for a chance
I believe they screen for 3.0+, 503+, and more than 0 service hours. It could be one of those :/

I believe they screen for 3.0+, 503+, and more than 0 service hours. It could be one of those :/
Hmm I wasn't aware of this because on MSAR it said they accept a minimum of 2.85 uGPA or 3.5 graduate GPA, which I fulfill. I also have about ~1000 service hours. Hope that I can still hear from them...would it be a good idea to send a letter of interest or ask for an update?

Would you mind sharing Stats/ECs? 😊
stats are in my bio, for ECs i have 2 gap years with medical/clinical experience. One thing to note is I did an internship with Rush during undergrad which I wrote about in my PS and secondary which I think probably helped!

OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 7/6 and haven't gotten any updates

How many clinical and non-clinical hours do you need to have a solid chance at getting an II?

Also how many research and community service hours to get an II?

I listed a lot of my volunteering hours as leadership because I held positions in the service clubs. Hope that doesn't go against their interview screening or something lol

II today
OOS, 3.7, 515, lots and lots of clinical hours

Reactions: 3 users
II today
OOS, 3.7, 515, lots and lots of clinical hours
When did you submit? And how many clinical and other service hours exactly?

i received an out of state secondary with a 500 mcat & 3.8. i don’t believe the 503+ screening is too harsh for anyone out there with a sub 503 score!

Reactions: 3 users
i received an out of state secondary with a 500 mcat & 3.8. i don’t believe the 503+ screening is too harsh for anyone out there with a sub 503 score!
How long does it take for the secondary to come?

Should I email them about secondary? I added Rush in late July and haven't heard of anything since. Only my MCAT was below their "MCAT screen" but everything else is pretty much good.

Should I email them about secondary? I added Rush in late July and haven't heard of anything since. Only my MCAT was below their "MCAT screen" but everything else is pretty much good.
You could certainly do that. but keep in mind that the entire purpose of a screen is to filter out a certain population of applicants who do not meet the standards they consider important.

How long does it take for the secondary to come?
primary app was processed on 8/11 and i received the secondary on 9/6. i also retook the MCAT recently so maybe they'll be anticipating my new scores and that's why they sent it

Got a secondary today after being complete on 7/22 lol

Does anyone know the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after getting a secondary?

Does anyone know the likelihood of receiving an interview invite after getting a secondary?
Per MSAR last year there were 11572 verified apps and 464 interviews, but there's not much insight into how many applicants got secondaries.

Rush is a low yield school, tons of applicants compared to interviews. Its incredibly hard to give you a percentage change of receiving an interview because that is completely based on how competitive of an applicant you are, when you applied, and the quality of your application/secondary. If you want to do a numbers game there is probably about a 5% chance of receiving an interview invite for Rush.

II!!!! OOS, Non-trad. Ridiculously excited and honored to interview here!!

Reactions: 11 users