2022-2023 Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I don't really feel like COVID handicapped my application do you think I should still answer #4? It does say "if applicable". Or do you think it more means how was it affected in general, not necessarily negatively?

Members don't see this ad.

If I don't really feel like COVID handicapped my application do you think I should still answer #4? It does say "if applicable". Or do you think it more means how was it affected in general, not necessarily negatively?
in general, not necessarily negatively

Reactions: 1 user
Received a response from Rush.

"This cycle we are asking applicants to complete the CASPer and Duet as part of the secondary application. Scores must be received by November 15th."

shoot
The Duet requirement must be new. I asked about Duet and one of their representatives told me it was optional. Then a day later, corrected her mistake and said its mandatory. 😪

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have an idea of how much they pre-screen applicants? by the wording from their website ("those select individuals who we will seriously consider for interview will be invited to complete and submit our secondary application"), it sounds like they screen enough to narrow it down to potential interview invite contenders.

anyone have an idea of how much they pre-screen applicants? by the wording from their website ("those select individuals who we will seriously consider for interview will be invited to complete and submit our secondary application"), it sounds like they screen enough to narrow it down to potential interview invite contenders.
I know they screen for a 503 and 3.0. I also believe they screen for community service involvement -- the extent of which they do, I don't know.

Reactions: 1 users
I know they screen for a 503 and 3.0. I also believe they screen for community service involvement -- the extent of which they do, I don't know.
gotcha. didn't know about the stats screen. i got my secondary like about an hour after i was verified so it didn't seem like a person actually read my primary app (but possible).

gotcha. didn't know about the stats screen. i got my secondary like about an hour after i was verified so it didn't seem like a person actually read my primary app (but possible).
I'm not sure they in-depth read. They might just be looking for > 0 hours with a "community service" AAMC label.

i emailed admissions regarding the physiology requirement and they sent me this -

“Thank you for your email and interest in Rush Medical College. To ensure applicants have the necessary academic foundation, successful completion of prerequisite courses is encouraged, but not required, prior to matriculation. For the 2023 cycle, the Admission Selection Committee will consider applications regardless of the number of recommended prerequisite courses completed.”

so it looks like they are NOT required?

Reactions: 3 users
i emailed admissions regarding the physiology requirement and they sent me this -

“Thank you for your email and interest in Rush Medical College. To ensure applicants have the necessary academic foundation, successful completion of prerequisite courses is encouraged, but not required, prior to matriculation. For the 2023 cycle, the Admission Selection Committee will consider applications regardless of the number of recommended prerequisite courses completed.”

This is great news, thanks so much for reaching out to them.

trying to figure this out right now... anyone know?
I also did not take cell bio because I opted to go for second semester biochem which covered a very similar set of topics. I went with this as my replacement

oh damn I just realized they updated their website again. Thank you for letting us know

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on july 4th but still have not gotten a secondary from Rush. Should I be worried?

Hi, just wanted to throw it out there that I emailed Rush regarding their prereqs and they responded saying that they are encouraged but not required to apply. Direct quote from my email: "To ensure applicants have the necessary academic foundation, successful completion of prerequisite courses is encouraged, but not required, prior to matriculation. For the 2023 cycle, the Admission Selection Committee will consider applications regardless of the number of recommended prerequisite courses completed."

Just got a secondary :')

I got an email from Rush today encouraging me to complete my secondary, did anyone else get a similar email? I just got my secondary about 24 hours ago so I'm trying to finish it now

I got an email from Rush today encouraging me to complete my secondary, did anyone else get a similar email? I just got my secondary about 24 hours ago so I'm trying to finish it now
Yeah, I also got this email today. I feel like they are pressuring me to finish already lmaooo

• Haha
Oh interesting. I got my secondary a couple weeks ago and assumed it was an automated email sent out at a particular timeframe. I guess it went out to everyone with an outstanding secondary?

Oh interesting. I got my secondary a couple weeks ago and assumed it was an automated email sent out at a particular timeframe. I guess it went out to everyone with an outstanding secondary?
Nope, i didnt get it. If I rmbr correctly from my last cycle, Rush sends out emails to random group of applicants, not everyone. I would get some emails from them and not get anything for next

For the question about direct patient care/contact, do you guys think that scribing counts? Or should I leave that out?

Does anyone happen to know what they mean when asking to 'Provide a link to the course catalog where the course description is found.' And also inputting a course description?

For the question about direct patient care/contact, do you guys think that scribing counts? Or should I leave that out?
Someone mentioned on last year's thread that they did count scribing as direct patient care. Just emphasize how you interacted with patients, like clarifying their history, grabbing them water, or going over their after-visit summary.

Reactions: 2 users
Someone mentioned on last year's thread that they did count scribing as direct patient care. Just emphasize how you interacted with patients, like clarifying their history, grabbing them water, or going over their after-visit summary.
Ok great thank you so much!!

They updated the website and it now says:

“Submission of Duet exam scores will begin in the 23-24 cycle. The Duet exam complements our mission based admissions process.”

I guess Duet is not required for the current admissions cycle? Also, it’s odd because I just found out about the Casper requirement and never sent in my score. However, Rush sent me an email about my application being complete. I sent in my CASPER score just now, but now I’m confused. Was my application already under review without my score?

They updated the website and it now says:

“Submission of Duet exam scores will begin in the 23-24 cycle. The Duet exam complements our mission based admissions process.”

I guess Duet is not required for the current admissions cycle? Also, it’s odd because I just found out about the Casper requirement and never sent in my score. However, Rush sent me an email about my application being complete. I sent in my CASPER score just now, but now I’m confused. Was my application already under review without my score?
I also just saw the CASPER requirement and just submitted my score but am confused about if we need to complete Duet or not (I have not completed duet)...

I also just saw the CASPER requirement and just submitted my score but am confused about if we need to complete Duet or not (I have not completed duet)...
I'd just do duet now. It is fast and you should still have access

Do duet. It takes maximum 15 minutes. It's just questions to see what type of medical school curriculum/environment would suit you. You are able to do it even after your CASPER score is released.

Does anyone happen to know what they mean when asking to 'Provide a link to the course catalog where the course description is found.' And also inputting a course description?
If you google the class your university should (at least mine did) have an online catalogue usually from the department that lists the course number, name and description.

Rush out here getting me excited to see an admission's email and only find it was about their ranking, lol. But I know they are a well-rounded school, so that is exciting to see their growth!

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Rush out here getting me excited to see an admission's email and only find it was about their ranking, lol. But I know they are a well-rounded school, so that is exciting to see their growth!
Got my hopes up for a split second :(

Reactions: 4 users
They flexed on us lol

Do duet. It takes maximum 15 minutes. It's just questions to see what type of medical school curriculum/environment would suit you. You are able to do it even after your CASPER score is released.
I emailed the admissions office. They confirmed that Duet is not required this cycle, but Casper is.

Anyone else still not receive a secondary? Hoping I wasn't screened out for some reason :/

For the personal letter requirement, can you it be from a work supervisor or research mentor who you have been working for a long time?

Would my systems bio course count for the cell bio prereq? here is the course description: Understanding how the cell works as a system with emphasis on the methods used to gather and analyze data and develop/test models of systems level data.

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how strict Rush is with the 2-week secondary deadline? Do they are about the time-stamp? Thanks!

any current students willing to share their thoughts on the new curriculum? didn't seem very popular when it was first introduced a few years ago.

I emailed the admissions office. They confirmed that Duet is not required this cycle, but Casper is.
Yeah, they told me it wasn't required. Then a few days later, they emailed and apologized; said that they recently made changes and "all applicants are required to complete Duet to assist with our selection process. Deadline for scores is November 15th."

So I think people should do it. Also, really easy.

Yeah, they told me it wasn't required. Then a few days later, they emailed and apologized; said that they recently made changes and "all applicants are required to complete Duet to assist with our selection process. Deadline for scores is November 15th."

So I think people should do it. Also, really easy.
odd how their website still says they will start incorporating DUET starting next cycle. I'm just confused because Rush has been making all these changes for their admissions and they never really announced them?

Anyone else still not receive a secondary? Hoping I wasn't screened out for some reason :/
I still haven't and was verified on 7/19... I pass the screens that were mentioned earlier and am confused. Debating emailing about it.

I still haven't and was verified on 7/19... I pass the screens that were mentioned earlier and am confused. Debating emailing about it.
Verified June 8. I sent an email July 22 and they're reply stated "We are currently in the process of reviewing applications and sending out secondary applications to all eligible applicants." So not super helpful and no date range of when to expect. If you decide to reach out and get a better response please share any info! :)