2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 8/29-30. Second batch of interviewees. OOS. We were told oct 15 decision was unlikely. Nov 1 was more likely. Unless, someone else experienced otherwise. This is my only interview so far. It’s also my first choice. Good luck!
i was just looking at last year's thread to see when we might start hearing back and it looks like first reported hold was oct 20 and first reported A was nov 9, soooo hopefully some people will start hearing things soon!

Members don't see this ad.

II-OOS, Oregon Heritage. Complete 8/11. Re-app. Interviewed last year in early February but got rejected just before AMCAS opened this cycle. Addressed their individualized feedback to my application.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 8/29-30. Second batch of interviewees. OOS. We were told oct 15 decision was unlikely. Nov 1 was more likely. Unless, someone else experienced otherwise. This is my only interview so far. It’s also my first choice. Good luck!

Oh cool. So, about a two-month period for your interview group.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thinking Elmo GIF by Sesame Street

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh cool. So, about a two-month period for your interview group.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Thinking Elmo GIF by Sesame Street
It doesn't matter when you interview. This was told to us during the information session. You could interview in August and not hear back until April depending on how they rank you and how many applicants they have interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter when you interview. This was told to us during the information session. You could interview in August and not hear back until April depending on how they rank you and how many applicants they have interviewed.

Ok now I understand, thank you!

A4E18975-B9BB-4B87-BC34-77DB71132F63.jpeg
This is a long process especially at OHSU don’t be discouraged. I got an interview in November and got put on hold March without a peep in between. Don’t lose hope👍

Reactions: 3 users
am I absolutely ****ed cause i had issue with my LOR and didn't complete until late september lol. LM 66 IS btw

For all the IS/OR heritage people, where'd you all grow up/go to high school? You can keep it vague haha not trying to doxx anybody
I grew up in the Beaverton area! Would love to go back home for med school, really hoping for an II here!!

• Care
nov. 1 still nothing after interviewing on 8/29.

got the Stanford Nov. 1 R wave instead lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, it looks like the portal undergoes maintenance on Tuesdays from 7am to 11am but they are also doing some maintenance now

II just now. Currently OOS, but lived in OR all my life before last year.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for spoiling it. Didn’t I just say I wont google OR area code? Get a life bro
in all fairness, when i read your first message, it sounded like you didn't want to look it up just because you didn't feel like it, not for the sake of surprise. i don't think goldenmungbean meant to spoil it! tbh i probably would have done the same thing, because it sounded like you wanted info

Reactions: 1 users
503 is the portland area code I believe, dont get cocky.
haha I’m just trying to restore some hope so it’s not completely spoiled! maybe grasshopper’s interviewer has an area code from another part of OR.

• Love
I just emailed Kari saying I want Dr. M to call me if they indeed call and I am accepted lol. Idk the Oregon area code. I think there only 1 and I’m not googling
Username and post couldn't be more ironic

(sarcasm) Wait are we ganging up on patience.grasshopper? I call bids on the next round!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just a silly situation, no point in making a scene out of it

Oh, I just remembered. On my interview week, the third week of September, they told us that they are trying to shoot for November 1st to release decisions but that they might have to push it back to the 15th. They said they would try for sooner but just thought I'd drop what I was told.

II today (11/4/22)! OOS, but from MT and WICHE certified so I meet their ties to Oregon criteria. Interviews are being scheduled for early December. My WICHE cert got held up at the state level so I thought I might be screwed but guess not. Pretty normal ECs with lots of research LM>80

Reactions: 2 users
II today (11/4/22)! OOS, but from MT and WICHE certified so I meet their ties to Oregon criteria. Interviews are being scheduled for early December. My WICHE cert got held up at the state level so I thought I might be screwed but guess not. Pretty normal ECs with lots of research LM>80
Woohoo! Enjoy! They’re the coolest!

I was accepted last year and I didn’t get a phone call. The first notice I had was an email in February, because I had stopped looking at the portal to preserve my sanity. Most people get portal updates followed by email if I remember correctly.

Any one have any good resources they used that helped with OHSU MMI? Im a bit nervous ;(

I’m a nontrad and have lingered in highed ed for a while now so real-life experiences preppped me. Most questions will test your leadership, ability to colloborate, solve conflicts, ethics, etc…. Most of them happened to me alteady so I just pulled from real-life lessons.

Any one have any good resources they used that helped with OHSU MMI? Im a bit nervous ;(
Hey, I did not use any resources but I heard multiple people use this book and said it was excellent.

You really don’t *need* to prepare IMO, being yourself will be evident to the interviewers, but it’s not a bad thing to check the book out, goes over a lot of the ethical things that MMI questions often try and test you on. Book is available on Amazon or paperless.

Samir Desai

Multiple Mini Interview: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty​

Also +1 for the calls. I don’t think anyone gets a call from admissions unless they call to discuss internal scholarships they select you for (can’t relate) and that would be after you got the A anyway

II batch 8/29-30: is Nov 15 the next date to watch out for? or whatever now at this point lol

Last edited:
IS, still haven't heard back from the Sep 28/29 interview. still reelingn from the virtual mmi, am I alone? lol i wish we could be back in person i am such a dork online