2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Crazy fast right! Trying not to read too much into it now…
I interviewed on 1/20, a week after you. it seems like pretty much everyone gets WL

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning!!! Born and raised NE Ohio, non-trad, complete 9/1!

Reactions: 5 users
Do y'all think there will be another "ask us anything" session in early February? I forgot to attend the one last week :(

Does anyone know if NEOMED accepts update letters/letters of intent? thanks!
They do not. This is what my waitlist email said:
While we are supportive of your efforts to develop yourself as a medical school student please know that we do not acknowledge update letters in the admission process. We do not re-review candidates once a holistic candidate review is complete.

They do not. This is what my waitlist email said:
While we are supportive of your efforts to develop yourself as a medical school student please know that we do not acknowledge update letters in the admission process. We do not re-review candidates once a holistic candidate review is complete.
what if you haven't had interview/interview invite ?

NEOMED does not accept updates of any kind. They prefer to see candidates’ application as a “snapshot” of their resumé and credentials at the time of Primary Application submission, thus providing an equitable selectipn process for all candidates. Though I am just an applicant and do not speak for the institution.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late to the party, but WL on Thursday. Interviewed 10/27

It seems like last year they gave insight on where you were on the waitlist (priority alternate list or not). Wonder why they didn't this year!

what days do they usually release decisions? and how often?

Can anyone shed some light on the integrated pathway program? Is that something that you apply for after being accepted into the medical school? Thanks in advance.

Anyone interview today? any idea of when we should expect to hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an A a few weeks ago as well when others in the chat have--but have quite a few questions. Are there any current students willing to have a quick chat with me so I can make an informed decision on where to go (and where to find housing ASAP...I hoped to live alone and it seems like there aren't many 1BR places left nearby)

Anyone else receive the email that says thank you for interviewing? does that mean anything or no

Question for any medical student.. Where do you or other students live that is not The Village? Any apartment recommendations?

I just received that I was put on the alternative list. Is this different that WL? For someone who was waitlisted, did they explicitly say "waitlisted"? I am just trying to understand where I stand.

I just received that I was put on the alternative list. Is this different that WL? For someone who was waitlisted, did they explicitly say "waitlisted"? I am just trying to understand where I stand.
Same thing they use it interchangeably

do all the WL emails say the same thing to every candidate? Does anyone know how many people get off the WL

do all the WL emails say the same thing to every candidate? Does anyone know how many people get off the WL
MSAR says ~450 get waitlisted and 190 acceptances come from the WL... For a class size of 160... Make whatever you want with that lol

Pretty sure its the same. Look at AAMC speadsheet for waitlist procedures and you can see if the school publishes how many people get off the WL each year. I know its a pretty good amt at NEOMED.

MSAR says ~450 get waitlisted and 190 acceptances come from the WL... For a class size of 160... Make whatever you want with that lol
At the in person info session they were saying their class in the past two years has been about 180 and they want to keep it around that for this year.

Have they sent any post-II rejections yet? or does everyone get put on WL

Anyone got A? I’m wondering if they no longer send A but just WL most people from this point

Anyone got A? I’m wondering if they no longer send A but just WL most people from this point
wondering the same it looks like only 5 people in this thread have mentioned an A

WL/ Alternate list as well. Interviewed early feb. Seems like they WL most people. ughhhhh

dang all these WL gives me no hope lol I interviewed yesterday and am waiting my decision

There is a ton of waitlist movement but overall most applicants get put on the waitlist because they accept 50% of their class from pathway programs or ED.

• Wow