2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they only send out AL emails or R as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted off the WL yesterday, 3/18. I interviewed 2/2 and got on the WL 2/22. Seems to be moving fast!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 14 users
I just got accepted off the WL yesterday, 3/18. I interviewed 2/2 and got on the WL 2/22. Seems to be moving fast!

Congrats!! Hoping it the momentum continues (and I get off this list)

Reactions: 2 users
Is it fair to say that since some people withdraw from the waitlist, the actual acceptance rate from wl is higher than 201/600?

Last edited:
Is it fair to say that since some people withdraw from the waitlist, the actual acceptance rate from wl is higher than 201/600?

The scenario you mention may mean rank 211 has a chance of getting A if 10 people in front drops from WL before converting to A. Regardless, total number of A offered was 201 out of 600.

Last edited:
Congrats! What time of the day did you get the notification and are you planning on acceptig? (if you don't mind me asking)

Anyone got the alternate list campus visit email? Why do they make every email sound like they would accept me😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone got the alternate list campus visit email? Why do they make every email sound like they would accept me

Yes! I got my hopes up just seeing an email from them

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone got the alternate list campus visit email? Why do they make every email sound like they would accept me😭
My heart physically stopped beating when I read “congratulations!” in the message body lol

That being said I’m definitely going to attend the virtual sessions, NEOMED is a top school for me still

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why does it seem like they are implying that a campus visit would increase your chances of getting off the WL. I already did one before decisions came out and it sure didn't help.

Why does it seem like they are implying that a campus visit would increase your chances of getting off the WL. I already did one before decisions came out and it sure didn't help.
"Whether you choose to visit in person, attend a Zoom Q & A Session, or not touch base at all has no bearing on your alternate list status. We simply want to provide you with the information you may need to make an informed decision if and when the acceptance opportunity will arise."

honestly i dont trust what anyone on admissions says anymore, but again I feel like showing face either in person or on the virtual Q&A sessions can't hurt and if anything will give more info on the process.

Does anyone know how many people are on Waitlist?

Does anyone know how many people are on Waitlist?
Based on MSAR they say they accepted 201/600 for people that matriculated in '22. As of right now, I don't know how many people are on the waitlist

Based on MSAR they say they accepted 201/600 for people that matriculated in '22. As of right now, I don't know how many people are on the waitlist
Can you clarify this? Did they accept 600 and their class is 201?

Can you clarify this? Did they accept 600 and their class is 201?
No class size is about 180. What that means is that they placed 600 people on the waitlist and accepted about 200 on the waitlist. Now because that is greater than the class size of 180, I cannot comment. This is just what MSAR (AAMC school data) reports.

No class size is about 180. What that means is that they placed 600 people on the waitlist and accepted about 200 on the waitlist. Now because that is greater than the class size of 180, I cannot comment. This is just what MSAR (AAMC school data) reports.
Not everyone they accept from the waitlist matriculates.

The MSAR update says "Approximately 600 regular decision plan candidates start with alternate list status as their initial acceptance decision.." That sounds like most reg applicants are put on WL. Its like another round of decisions lol.

The MSAR update says "Approximately 600 regular decision plan candidates start with alternate list status as their initial acceptance decision.." That sounds like most reg applicants are put on WL. Its like another round of decisions lol.
Thanks!

Pulled my A today! I hope it goes to one of you amazing applicants!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
has anyone here recieved an A from off the waitlist yet?

has anyone here recieved an A from off the waitlist yet?
Check a few pages back on this thread- I do believe that one person on SDN reported that they did, there might be more that haven't reported on this thread as well.

Just got an email from them with a survey link. They say they are actively admitting from AL

Reactions: 5 users
They really need to stop with these acceptance sounding waitlist update emails

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I didn't receive that email (cry). They must have left me out.

Maybe it’s a good thing. Half of that email was about early assurance master’s for next year.

But maybe it’s worth reaching out to confirm you are still on AL. Maybe a glitch happened because it sounds like every AL should get it

Did anyone get accepted recently? Since they said they are actively accepting from AL. Is that a lie lol

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think we could expect to hear some waitlist movement next week (after April 15th deadline) or after April 30th?

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think we could expect to hear some waitlist movement next week (after April 15th deadline) or after April 30th?

Last year it seemed to speed up a bit after the 15th

• Care
I got it too lol seriously why are they playing with my nerves

Wait did they send it to eveyone? I haven’t gotten any recent emails

Wait did they send it to eveyone? I haven’t gotten any recent emails
I think it was if you said you were interested in learning more about their early assurance programs in that last survey email they sent out around early April.

Got accepted off the waitlist today in a phone call around 3!!

Reactions: 11 users
Got accepted off the waitlist today in a phone call around 3!!
did you receive an email as well? I am abroad without phone access but am checking my email diligently and assumed this would be sufficient as per instructions in the initial Waitlist email. Thank you.

Last edited: