2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are there any current students here who can message me! I was accepted recently but have a good amount of questions!

Members don't see this ad.

when do they usually send the zoom link for the interview??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if they are going to send out batches of post-interview decisions every Wednesday? Based on last week?

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! Just being neurotic thinking if I need to know more about the research they do there. (Although not interested in PhD)

Thanks! Just being neurotic thinking if I need to know more about the research they do there. (Although not interested in PhD)
My advice would be know your application in and out. My interviewer really combed through my app and pulled out very little details, which is awesome, but just be prepared for it!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
My advice would be know your application in and out. My interviewer really combed through my app and pulled out very little details, which is awesome, but just be prepared for it!
I appreciate it. I forgot secondary had its own personal statement lol, so gotta go through that as well.

Alright, I'm trying not to be a neurotic weirdo. But, after interviewing in September and feeling pretty confident, then seeing other people who interviewed later on get accepted, I can't help but feel as though those of us who interviewed before Christmas and didn't get an acceptance email last week are destined for the initial waitlist whenever they decide to send that out. Anyone else?

Alright, I'm trying not to be a neurotic weirdo. But, after interviewing in September and feeling pretty confident, then seeing other people who interviewed later on get accepted, I can't help but feel as though those of us who interviewed before Christmas and didn't get an acceptance email last week are destined for the initial waitlist whenever they decide to send that out. Anyone else?
I don't think so. It seems like this school is just releasing decisions in batches. Like some people reported interviewing in oct, nov and sept that got A's last week. I interviewed end of september, but a this point really hard to know.

*edit: haven't received a decision after my interview yet

I don't think so. It seems like this school is just releasing decisions in batches. Like some people reported interviewing in oct, nov and sept that got A's last week. I interviewed end of september, but a this point really hard to know.

*edit: haven't received a decision after my interview yet
I hope you're right. But it just doesn't make sense why only a handful of people would get the A email, even those that interviewed months after others. The only explanation that makes sense is everyone else is going on the WL. Which makes me sad because my stats were above both averages for accepted students at NEOMED, I've lived my entire life within a 30 minute radius of the school, and like most people thought my interview was great. I really do hope you are right, though.

I hope you're right. But it just doesn't make sense why only a handful of people would get the A email, even those that interviewed months after others. The only explanation that makes sense is everyone else is going on the WL. Which makes me sad because my stats were above both averages for accepted students at NEOMED, I've lived my entire life within a 30 minute radius of the school, and like most people thought my interview was great. I really do hope you are right, though.
I think its hard to know because NEOMED is different with how they are releasing decisions than other schools. Even different than how they did it last year (if you look at past threads).

last year Dec 15th they released a bunch of As and then 2 days later the WL notifcations came out. This year it’s been a week since that initial batch and nothing yet. Surely if they had the WL they’d have released it by now, which makes me hope there’s more As coming. We will see.

Reactions: 2 users
I have recieved an email but have not yet had the courage to open it. Has anyone else recoirved one and opened it?

WL this AM... OOS. Thankful to have other acceptances and will likely be attending one of my in-state schools! NEOMED's OOS tuition is wild

Reactions: 1 users
I think this school is hard because they made it very clear they are only planning on having 90 students matriculate from RD, accepting the rest from ED or EA, but seems like waitlist movement is decent based on email and past threads.

got waitlisted today - interviewed 10/13 and thought it went great, complete confirmation on 8/15 though I submitted the secondary 7/30, I'm IS

Waitlisted. OOS with ties (went to college in Ohio). Mcat 515, sgpa 3.35 cgpa 3.55. interviewed 10/07
interviewed at 2 schools, waitlisted at 2 schools 🙃. I know waitlist movement is pretty good, but knowing that I have to start prepping my reapplication since I'll only know in May/June is so depressing and demoralizing.

• Care
Also got a waitlist today. I am really surprised. I live close by, did a campus visit, interviewed really early in the cycle, and have higher stats than their average. Oh well. Good luck to everyone in getting off the WL!

Reactions: 1 users
Also got a waitlist today. I am really surprised. I live close by, did a campus visit, interviewed really early in the cycle, and have higher stats than their average. Oh well. Good luck to everyone in getting off the WL!
Exact same here lol

If you are reading this, and are WL, the vast majority of candidates are WL prior to acceptance. Current data on AAMC website says 450 WL spots and 190 As, of course not all matriculate but 190As sent from WL. That’s a 42% chance. If you’re from the area and high stat, you’re likely going to be in that 42% before orientation begins. Hang tight, enjoy yourself, spend time with loved ones, and have Faith.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have any idea when they stop sending out II?