2022-2023 Northeast Ohio (NEOMed)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received this morning! Has anyone visited the school on one of their candidate visit days prior to interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received this morning! Has anyone visited the school on one of their candidate visit days prior to interviewing?
I visited a few weeks after my interview but I definitely think it would be valuable to try to visit prior to interviewing. Might give you some stuff to talk about or raise some questions for you to ask your interviewer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I visited a few weeks after my interview but I definitely think it would be valuable to try to visit prior to interviewing. Might give you some stuff to talk about or raise some questions for you to ask your interviewer.
Thank you, I appreciate it! They had interview dates for February and the visit date would be about a month prior to the interview, do you think that would be fine?

Thank you, I appreciate it! They had interview dates for February and the visit date would be about a month prior to the interview, do you think that would be fine?
I think whenever you can is fine. Just going at all shows your interest in the school. Personally, I would forget some stuff about the visit after a month so I would just be sure to write down any thoughts or questions you have at the time so you can look them over before your interview. Congrats on the II!

Do you have any information regarding regular decision odds post interview?
I don't unfortunately, this school has also never been on the spreadsheet, so I honestly have no idea.

At the candidate campus tour event, they mentioned that they are looking to have a class between 174-185 students with an estimate of 80 regular decision students.

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who is nervous about their interview, just wanted to reiterate that the interview was pretty laid back. In my experience, you start in a host room with other students and the host will send you out to breakout room with your interviewer. The shortest interview that I have had this cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone who is nervous about their interview, just wanted to reiterate that the interview was pretty laid back. In my experience, you start in a host room with other students and the host will send you out to breakout room with your interviewer. The shortest interview that I have had this cycle.
Was it just your typical med school interview questions?

Was it just your typical med school interview questions?
Yup! Very conversational - tell me about yourself, he asked some follow up questions on things I had said, leadership/teamwork example, why medicine, what do you like about neomed (I had to add that fast in the end because we spent a lot of time on other things but I wanted to point out some really specific things about the school that went with my background), lots of other smaller generic questions

Yup! Very conversational - tell me about yourself, he asked some follow up questions on things I had said, leadership/teamwork example, why medicine, what do you like about neomed (I had to add that fast in the end because we spent a lot of time on other things but I wanted to point out some really specific things about the school that went with my background), lots of other smaller generic questions
Awesome! Thank you for that insight

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg now im anxious. I interviewed in September

Reactions: 1 users
interesting because on emails they sent out they were indicating they were beginning to release decisions February. Hopefully this means they are starting earlier?

interesting because on emails they sent out they were indicating they were beginning to release decisions February. Hopefully this means they are starting earlier?
Email said that it is forwarding my application to the dean of the college with a recommendation for acceptance, and then sent me a link to accept acceptance. I may have read into that wrong but that is what I interpreted. They also gave me a deadline to accept.

• Wow
Seems like they aren't going in order of the dates people interviewed.

OOS II this morning! Only used to how TMDSAS does their decisions; so Im a lil confused as to what to expect from this school...

IS A about 1.5 hr ago! I was expecting the week after next so I was totally caught off guard :rofl:

I still haven't gotten my interview confirmation email, anyone know how long it takes because I already forgot what date I selected😅

Is there any current student here that could message me and answer some questions? I was accepted today and I have a few questions ☺️

congrats to everyone who got an A today! that came out of nowhere

Reactions: 6 users
Do you think that’s all the acceptances? Will everyone else be on WL? Anyone have any thoughts? They said they’d be releasing initial candidate decisions “in rounds” I assume this is the first round, do you think they do it by priority or random like alphabetical? So many unknowns, I hope we don’t have to wait until next Wednesday for another round.

Congratulations to all who got A!!!! Do they call or by email?
email mostly from what I have read. 5 As reported here thus far, so likely 15-30 actually sent out, if not more, which potentially leaves 60 still remaining before WL, just my estimates.

Little late on this post but accepted on Wednesday the 18th! OOS, 3.88, 513 Frist A of the cycle and am very happy!

Reactions: 3 users
For interview day, is it just the interview? Or is there supposed to be a presentation from faculty/students and q/a as well? I didn't see anything about it so was just checking.

For interview day, is it just the interview? Or is there supposed to be a presentation from faculty/students and q/a as well? I didn't see anything about it so was just checking.
No it’s just the interview. Presentation and Q/A happened on their Ask Us Anything sessions