2022-2023 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey y’all! I’m not sure if anyone answered this already, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Morehouse sends pre-interview rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey y’all! I’m not sure if anyone answered this already, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Morehouse sends pre-interview rejections?
On pg. 5 a member posted that he was rejected after submitting his secondary, so yes. A lot of common questions have been answered on most of the threads.

Reactions: 2 users
On pg. 5 a member posted that he was rejected after submitting his secondary, so yes. A lot of common questions have been answered on most of the threads.
Thank you! Yep I saw that but just wanted to double check to see if it was a pre-interview or post-interview rejection!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've sent 2 emails since submitting my app, and neither of them got responses. I hope everything was submitted and my app is complete and under consideration. :cryi:

II this morning!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When will get next round of A's ? I interviewed beginning of November.

Anyone knows when Morehouse releases post-II decisions? I received their II on 10/4 (Completed on 09/26)

I interviewed 10/28 and they told us decisions will come out last week of December.

Yea they had told me the only have released one round of decisions and hopefully to have another one by the end of the year

complete radio silence from this school, do you all think we will hear something back this week?

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-interview rejection received. Best of luck to the rest of y'all!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Geezz Morehouse, just send me some kind of communication bro. I submitted my secondary on August 5th.

• Care
What month did y’all submit your secondaries?

Are y’all IS or OOS?
OOS I didn’t know it mattered

I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry

• Care
Same I’m waiting on Howard and Meharry. I want to go to an hbcu for med school.

I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry
You know what, forgot them. You are gonna be a great doctor where ever you end up. Good luck the rest of your app cycle.

• Love

LM? If you don’t mind

Same I’m waiting on Howard and Meharry. I want to go to an hbcu for med school.
Same! But honestly, I just want an A.

We got this!! meharry was kinda slow with things, so I’m hoeing they are throughly going through application

Reactions: 2 users
Any one else got nothing ? I mean no R no II

Reactions: 5 users

It matters. They are partial to Georgia residents. That’s why I wasn’t surprised that I didn’t get the II. Interviewed at Meharry, and hoping to get an II from Howard when I send an updated MCAT to them in Feb.

For those that asked. I submitted my secondary in Sept.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
II received today at 4:07 PM ET.
Primary verified July 12. Secondary received September 30, submitted ~October 28th.

URM and SED
IS (grandparents lived here for 5 years, parents for 3, I moved down in May after finishing grad school.)
sub 3.0 sGPA and cGPA physics undergrad, did 2 masters degrees after in physics and interdisciplinary studies.
509 MCAT, multiple attempts.
Many co- and extracurriculars involving marginalized groups and work/worked in medically underserved areas locally and internationally.
Second time applying.

If anyone has any advice about interviewing, I am open and very thankful. First med school interview ever at my top choice!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
So many moving parts to the application! Kind of hard to narrow down the reason why OOS applications are rejected.

Since Morehouse does accept OOS students., did they let anyone know why they aren’t offered an interview? Are they open to application advising?

Just not sure how many OOS they are interviewing/accepting!

So many moving parts to the application! Kind of hard to narrow down the reason why OOS applications are rejected.

Since Morehouse does accept OOS students., did they let anyone know why they aren’t offered an interview? Are they open to application advising?

Just not sure how many OOS they are interviewing/accepting!
according to MSAR they interviewed 382 and 42 matriculated for OOS.

Reactions: 1 users