2022-2023 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Isn't Morehouse a private institution?
It is. But judging by the low % of OOS matriculants and the fact that their Early decision is exclusive to Georgia residents, it seems they favor in-state applicants šŸ¤·šŸæā€ā™€ļø

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I absolutely believe all the HBCUs med schools lost my application šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an acceptance email yet? Not sure if I should contact admission office about it...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so nervous! I got the call yesterday from my interviewer congratulating me on my acceptance. He said I would get an email in a few minutes after the call, but I never got one. I called after a few hours, and she said the emails were being written still. I'm so excited because Morehouse is my top school, but I'm so nervous to get that concrete, solidified email.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congratsss!! When did you interview? I hope they start taking people off the alternate list

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list today. Interviewed 10/14.

• Care
Acceptance email received. Took a couple days after the call like someone previously stated.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just making sure, do we need to do anything to confirm our spot on the waitlist?

Nope you dont, but you can send updates. I did!

If I interviewed 11/11 and haven't heard anything, is that necessarily a bad thing? Do they release decisions on one day every few weeks or something?

Omg me too. Pre-II R from here and Michigan.
When were you complete? Waiting to hear from both of those schools, and just assuming my R's are on the way. Radio silence from every single AMCAS school. Complete early-to-mid August

When were you complete? Waiting to hear from both of those schools, and just assuming my R's are on the way. Radio silence from every single AMCAS school. Complete early-to-mid August
Complete at Morehouse 8/26, and 9/8 for Michigan

Review and responses timelines seem to be pretty arbitrary for most schools. If you take a look at my signature, I haven't heard back from like 40 schools either lol. Don't worry friend, I know it's frustrating for you, it is for me too, and I know we are not the only ones <3

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry about the recent Rs y'all :( Still silence from Morehouse on my end...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Review and responses timelines seem to be pretty arbitrary for most schools. If you take a look at my signature, I haven't heard back from like 40 schools either lol. Don't worry friend, I know it's frustrating for you, it is for me too, and I know we are not the only ones <3
Indeed! I've been fortunate to receive two acceptances in the TMDSAS cycle, so I'm pretty content but I'm more curious as to why the AMCAS schools won't talk to me, haha! All jokes aside, I know this process is long, brutal, and unpredictable. I've received plenty of rejections, so I do know they're reading my app, at the very least lol.

Hoping the best for you! Looks like you have two acceptances as well, so congratulations!!

Reactions: 4 users
Indeed! I've been fortunate to receive two acceptances in the TMDSAS cycle, so I'm pretty content but I'm more curious as to why the AMCAS schools won't talk to me, haha! All jokes aside, I know this process is long, brutal, and unpredictable. I've received plenty of rejections, so I do know they're reading my app, at the very least lol.

Hoping the best for you! Looks like you have two acceptances as well, so congratulations!!
Congrats! Well-deserved!!!

• Care

I wonder if itā€™s because schools under AMCAS know that only Texas residents have a true shot at TMDSAS schools, so they try to preserve those spots? Just speculation.

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if itā€™s because schools under AMCAS know that only Texas residents have a true shot at TMDSAS schools, so they try to preserve those spots? Just speculation.
That is definitely what most of us think. In my case we may never know, as my GPA for TMDSAS is much higher than my GPA for AMCAS. I applied for a program called Academic Fresh Start in TX, which erases any grades 10+ years old from the time you apply. It's a TX statute meant to allow students to move on from poor performance in the distant past, and it has been a tremendous help to many who have invoked it. My TMDSAS GPA is 4.0/4.0, and my AMCAS GPA is 3.1/3.4. I wish I had the same GPA so I could be another solid data point in everyone's quest to determine if AMCAS schools really are that biased against TX students due to low tuition. Sadly, my case is so skewed that I'm afraid it can't help, haha.

That is definitely what most of us think. In my case we may never know, as my GPA for TMDSAS is much higher than my GPA for AMCAS. I applied for a program called Academic Fresh Start in TX, which erases any grades 10+ years old from the time you apply. It's a TX statute meant to allow students to move on from poor performance in the distant past, and it has been a tremendous help to many who have invoked it. My TMDSAS GPA is 4.0/4.0, and my AMCAS GPA is 3.1/3.4. I wish I had the same GPA so I could be another solid data point in everyone's quest to determine if AMCAS schools really are that biased against TX students due to low tuition. Sadly, my case is so skewed that I'm afraid it can't help, haha.

I donā€™t think theyā€™re biased because of low tuition. I think theyā€™re biased because no one has a chance unless youā€™re a Texas resident.

Whatā€™s up guys, I found out on 11/17 that I got an interview, and I scheduled for one of the earliest dates, which was 2/01/23. Do you think thereā€™s a way to schedule an earlier date if there are any available? Should I give them a call?

Anyone from 11/2 interview date hear anything back yet? They told us December during interview day but I saw people from 11/11 hear back so I wanted to double check!! Thanks!!