2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those of y'all that are still "under review"... do y'all know if this means they are still sending II's or is if a fancy rejection? Lol just wondering hahaha

Hi everyone! I'm prepping to apply next cycle and wanted to know if someone would be willing to share the secondary prompts from this year. I didn't see them pinned to this thread and the only other list I found for Meharry is from 2021.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! I'm prepping to apply next cycle and wanted to know if someone would be willing to share the secondary prompts from this year. I didn't see them pinned to this thread and the only other list I found for Meharry is from 2021.

1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College School of Medicine?

2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge, or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.

1. Why do you wish to attend Meharry Medical College School of Medicine?

2. Please describe a personal situation of failure, significant challenge, or a major obstacle that you have overcome. Include a description of your coping skills and lessons you learned from that situation.
Thank you sm! I really appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an update email from admissions this morning saying my application is under review. I don’t know if that has any significance this late in the cycle lol. Did anyone else get it?

I got an update email from admissions this morning saying my application is under review. I don’t know if that has any significance this late in the cycle lol. Did anyone else get it?
I received that too lol.

Not me

Reactions: 1 users
For those of us who got admit hold, is there anything we need to do again? Ms Dixon told me not to do anything, but I wanted hear from others who were on admit hold if they also got a similar answer. And I hope for all of us that spots become available so we can all get admitted.

Does anyone know that since they are doing both admit hold and waitlist if there is any chance of getting off the waitlist for those who are waitlisted?

For those of us who got admit hold, is there anything we need to do again? Ms Dixon told me not to do anything, but I wanted hear from others who were on admit hold if they also got a similar answer. And I hope for all of us that spots become available so we can all get admitted.
I don't really think there's anything to do but just wait for movement (likely in May), pray, and hope for the best

+1, got that email yesterday too. thought it was an R

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone who lives in Nashville can tell me if Glendale would be a okay/safe area to live in?

anyone still waiting for their interviewer to contact them :( its been weeks.

can anyone who lives in Nashville can tell me if Glendale would be a okay/safe area to live in?

I’ve been looking on crime rate map and talking to others who I know live and it looks like no. Good areas are like hermitage,bellevue, Brentwood, and germantown

did that already she said I'd hear back soon but still nothing

Pre-II R today. I was expecting it though. If ur curious of my stats:

URM, female
Sub 500 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 masters (not at MMC).
4500 hours research
100 hrs clinical
Volunteer non clinical hours ~200

I made the decision to apply in 2024 once I drastically increase my MCAT score and get my hours up. I find it difficult to actively volunteer since I work FT, but I’ll find a way. Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone xoxo

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Sorry to hear about that!! May I ask did you get a secondary and when?

Finally got the II😭 does anybody who interviewed recently know if the first interview is a group or individual? The wording from Ms. Dixon’s email is kinda throwing me

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II today... didn't even realize any schools were still interviewing this late and stressed because I've been planning on going DO for the last 4 months. I'm assuming I would be interviewing for the waitlist but can anybody confirm if there's any movement historically or not? For what it's worth I'm ORM, OOS, 3.6X cumulative, 50X (took the MCAT twice and went up 12 points from the first), heavy leadership/ECs from undergrad, and 10k clinical hours

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congrats everyone on getting IIs!!! Fingers crossed they send out some more!!!

Reactions: 3 users
II today... didn't even realize any schools were still interviewing this late and stressed because I've been planning on going DO for the last 4 months. I'm assuming I would be interviewing for the waitlist but can anybody confirm if there's any movement historically or not? For what it's worth I'm ORM, OOS, 3.6X cumulative, 50X (took the MCAT twice and went up 12 points from the first), heavy leadership/ECs from undergrad, and 10k clinical hours
A friend interviewed june and got accepted

Reactions: 5 users
Hey! Does anyone know the likelihood of an admit-hold applicant being accepted into this cohort?

• Hmm
There is movement almost every other day. People are leaving the group, being removed, and added.

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my A and scholarship. Hope they both go to one of you incredible people waiting to hear back. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Pre-II R today. I was expecting it though. If ur curious of my stats:

URM, female
Sub 500 MCAT, 3.3 undergrad, 3.8 masters (not at MMC).
4500 hours research
100 hrs clinical
Volunteer non clinical hours ~200

I made the decision to apply in 2024 once I drastically increase my MCAT score and get my hours up. I find it difficult to actively volunteer since I work FT, but I’ll find a way. Thanks guys! And good luck to everyone xoxo
Sorry to hear that. I’m glad that you are going to reapply.

Reactions: 2 users
any one have any feedback on the MMI portion of the interview?
Hey, the MMI was my last interview . I didn’t receive any feedback . My interviewer just asked follow up questions , but that’s about all.

Hey, the MMI was my last interview . I didn’t receive any feedback . My interviewer just asked follow up questions , but that’s about all.
how was it though? how many scenarios did they present you with?

how was it though? how many scenarios did they present you with?
It wasn’t bad. I had 2 minutes to read the scenarios & come up with a response . I also had two scenarios for mine.

It wasn’t bad. I had 2 minutes to read the scenarios & come up with a response . I also had two scenarios for mine.
The whole process was like 10 minutes

kk thank you guys!! also did they tell you when you can expect to hear about a decision upon completion of your interviews?
I believe the timeline is different for everyone. My last interview was at the beginning of April , and I received an email a week later letting me know that I was on the admit hold list. So, I’m just waiting now….. hoping a seat becomes available

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A today after admit hold in Feb! It says I have 10 days to pay a deposit in order to reserve my slot for the Class... does anyone know if i can remain on other waitists after this 10 days? the deadlines are a bit confusing

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users