2022-2023 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody still waiting on interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Very true. I just wanted to add a quick perspective as someone that did not attend lecture. I felt they were mostly a waste of time and I was more efficient studying on my own. So yes, I would agree that there is more free time if you don't go to lecture. I felt like my weeks were what I wanted them to be and I really enjoyed that. But free just means I had almost total control of my schedule, not that I had time to chill and watch netflix haha. I still studied 12ish hours a day 6 days/week if not more. Just my 2 cents!
are you penalized for missing lecture? I tend to study the same way

If you don’t mind me asking what does the attendance policy look like for lectures at Meharry? Is it mandatory or flexible?
There's only a few truly mandatory classes, but even then it depends on what you mean by "mandatory". They say lectures are mandatory but don't take attendance so most people skip or watch online/the recording. Clinical skills class is mandatory, but I just learned that some people never go and it barely affects their grade so I guess it's up to you. The one class you have to go to is the ethics class, ASMC. Once a week and its pretty discussion heavy. I've seen people get dismissed from school from missing too many of those classes in addition to failing summatives in the basic science course.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

Yes, my hope has me "stalking" every source of info I can get, hoping against hope to see movement. I saw the FB group. I obviously can't join, but it has 1,954 total members. Why so many from anyone currently going? And it added 137 in the last week? But the class is 115, so I'm just wondering if anyone with an A might share what they know. To me, this makes me fear the worst. I was hoping for movement this week, but still crickets.

Last edited:
Hello,

Yes, my hope has me "stalking" every source of info I can get, hoping against hope to see movement. I saw the FB group. I obviously can't join, but it has 1,954 total members. Why so many from anyone currently going? And it added 137 in the last week? But the class is 115, so I'm just wondering if anyone with an A might share what they know. To me, this makes me fear the worst. I was hoping for movement this week, but still crickets.
Meharry has a masters program(track for MD or DDS), MPH program, MD program, DDS program, and they just opened a PA school. Maybe the FB groups are combined? Idk, I'm not even part of the FB group. But I wouldn't stress just based on that. A good friend from my class got accepted a week before classes started and he's now graduating. Don't lose hope and best of luck!

Edit: I forgot the PHD and MD/PHD programs as well

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I could kick it up to like $1500 or $1600 and still get by if I dip into scholarship money. I am having a hard time finding decent apartments. And I don't think I'm going to make it through that LLC waitlist.

Compared to West Texas where I was for undergrad the rent in Nashville is horrifying :|
Call Ms. Goldthreate at Royal Towers! When I got accepted she said the waitlist was over 100 people, but I called every couple of days and bugged her until she finally gave me one. $790 for a 2 bedroom on campus is tough to beat. The apartments are old but for the savings I didn't care. Just a suggestion.

Do you think I could kick it up to like $1500 or $1600 and still get by if I dip into scholarship money. I am having a hard time finding decent apartments. And I don't think I'm going to make it through that LLC waitlist.

Compared to West Texas where I was for undergrad the rent in Nashville is horrifying :|
I talked to Ms. Goldthreate and she mentioned that not everyone on the waitlist can move into the LLC by June 1st. So what’ll happen is that those people get skipped especially if they don’t pay their security deposit by next week!

Admin hold. how are my chances? :(
I'm definitely in the same boat as you. I did notice that a lot of other threads are having waitlist movement where people are getting in. So I have to hope that some of that good fortune will roll our way. 🤞

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone. Has there been any movement from the waitlist as yet or are they just pulling from admit holds.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm definitely in the same boat as you. I did notice that a lot of other threads are having waitlist movement where people are getting in. So I have to hope that some of that good fortune will roll our way. 🤞
to my knowledge Admin Hold is different than the WL?

Hello,

Commit to enroll for aamc may not be due until the end of this month, but final deposits for Meharry are due by the 15th (this Monday), so there will be movement next week.

Reactions: 2 users
to my knowledge Admin Hold is different than the WL?
I don't know if Meharry has both an Admit Hold and a wait list. They are slightly different but for all intents and purposes, seem very similar. My point was if people at other schools are moving off WL to get acceptances, then that is movement. So that's what I was referring to.

Last edited:
Commit to enroll for aamc may not be due until the end of this month, but final deposits for Meharry are due by the 15th (this Monday), so there will be movement next week.
🙏

Anybody still waiting for an interview ? Also Meharry doesn’t do silent rejections right ?

I second the responses you got to this about calling Ms. G. And yeah the rent in Nashville sucks, and it's just getting worse. But yeah you could maybe swing $1500-1600 with the right budget.

Does Meharry Medical College do update letter? If yes I am not even sure where I would upload.

Has anyone received any new updates from Meharry, or does anyone know when we can expect to hear some updated news?

IMG_2493.jpg

Saw this on another thread. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
While many of us are still trying to figure out our dates, I can't seem to figure out how to see the CYMS tool. I tried looking up instructions. Any knowledgeable person want to share?

Hi all!

Congrats on becoming Meharrians!

I'm moving out my Townhouse (owned by a Meharrian), which is literally a 3 minute drive down the street from Meharry, mid June. Female tenant only (sorry fellas), preferably older non-traditional student. NO PETS.

You get your own room (it's spacious), walk in closet, and own bathroom. Other room is occupied by my roommate (who's chill and quiet) also has her own bathroom in her room and works from home. Next door neighbors are quiet, (2 of them are Meharrians).

Safety wise- i mean if you're not dumb and walking at 3am while not paying attention to surroundings, you're fine. Area is also being gentrified so you interpret that as you deem fit. Free off street parking available as well.

Trash is free. With utilities (water, gas, electric, internet), you'll pay ~$850 a month. (Yea, you read that right). Oh, I never had any pest issues in the 3+years I've been here.

Possible to have room furnished with ergonomic desk with chair, small dresser, and bed for a low up front cost. PM me for more info!

I just got the A!!! first MD A of the cycle. THANK YOU GOD!!!

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
I GOT THE A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
I got the A this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so grateful to this forum for talking me off the ledge every time I anxiously checked here and to the current students who helped me keep hope alive! 🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
I got the A this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so grateful to this forum for talking me off the ledge every time I anxiously checked here and to the current students who helped me keep hope alive! 🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Congrats when did you interview?

Congratulations to you all! I had a feeling y’all would get the A today because there were quiet a few removed from the group today.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users