2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone receive a letter saying they reviewed your app but haven't made a decision yet?
Yeah, I did. It sounds like the message is sent to many folks and doesn't mean much beyond them letting you know that they're still thinking over your application.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else interview late-september and not heard anything back? (no decision or AC letter)

Reactions: 2 users
AC letter received this morning, interviewed 11/4. Have people been getting AC letters and then decisions shortly after or does the AC letter mean the decision is delayed until spring-ish?

Members don't see this ad :)
AC letter received this morning, interviewed 11/4. Have people been getting AC letters and then decisions shortly after or does the AC letter mean the decision is delayed until spring-ish?
interviewed 10/12 and never received an AC, hope that its not a bad sign

interviewed in mid august and haven't heard anything... should i be preparing to take the L at this point?

edit: literally a few hours after posting this I got the A :) nts: let's not be neurotic

Last edited:
Just got my very first A!!!!! Email came in 30 min ago, and I interviewed early September! screaming crying throwing up rn

Reactions: 9 users
II, OOS, LM 74, submitted 8/12

When I went to schedule my interview it said there are no slots available for scheduling. Anyone else have this issue?

II, OOS, LM 74, submitted 8/12

When I went to schedule my interview it said there are no slots available for scheduling. Anyone else have this issue?
Same here. Got the PURCH II around 12:45PM, no available slots 5 mins after the email when I checked. I have an email drafted up to ask them if it doesn't resolve in a few hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got first OOS A!! Interviewed one week ago

So PURCH applicants, it’s been rather quiet for us. Do we think that PURCH adcoms haven’t released any decisions or do we think that those who got decisions just don’t post on SDN? Previously year threads show that they released decisions early so I’m leaning on the latter

So PURCH applicants, it’s been rather quiet for us. Do we think that PURCH adcoms haven’t released any decisions or do we think that those who got decisions just don’t post on SDN? Previously year threads show that they released decisions early so I’m leaning on the latter

At the purch interview day, to my understanding, they said that purch is it’s own mini committee or whatever and they choose their strongest candidates and pitch them for an admissions decision at the weekly meetings just like every other group that assesses students, and they clarified that they pitch students in order of preference/competitiveness so a stronger candidate would be pitched before a weaker one. So unless the adcom is just constantly vetoing or deferring purch candidates I would assume they’re being admitted at the same rate as non purch candidates, and that they just haven’t reported here

At the purch interview day, to my understanding, they said that purch is it’s own mini committee or whatever and they choose their strongest candidates and pitch them for an admissions decision at the weekly meetings just like every other group that assesses students, and they clarified that they pitch students in order of preference/competitiveness so a stronger candidate would be pitched before a weaker one. So unless the adcom is just constantly vetoing or deferring purch candidates I would assume they’re being admitted at the same rate as non purch candidates, and that they just haven’t reported here

We still haven’t gotten WL/R for PURCH and moved to the general pool of MD candidates though, which I would figure would happen sooner than later if we weren’t a good fit for the program. UMass prioritizes high stats (see: 3 point drop in median MCAT acceptances vs matriculants on MSAR) so I’m sure some 52X scorers have gotten into PURCH, and we’re just here… twiddling our thumbs while they take their time.

We still haven’t gotten WL/R for PURCH and moved to the general pool of MD candidates though, which I would figure would happen sooner than later if we weren’t a good fit for the program. UMass prioritizes high stats (see: 3 point drop in median MCAT acceptances vs matriculants on MSAR) so I’m sure some 52X scorers have gotten into PURCH, and we’re just here… twiddling our thumbs while they take their time.

How do we know we haven’t been deferred to the general pool of candidates? I didn’t know they updated us on that until they made a final admissions decision on our application

How do we know we haven’t been deferred to the general pool of candidates? I didn’t know they updated us on that until they made a final admissions decision on our application

I believe they stated on interview day that we would be notified of a PURCH decision once it was reached, with a WL/R pushing us to the general pool. But I could be wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was accepted to PURCH 11/9

Is there any data on UMass match lists that show PURCH vs. regular MD residency outcomes?

idk but during my interview they said that purch has 100% match rate!
Gotcha, I was specifically wondering about the large portion of UMass grads that end up staying in UMass Worcester/Baystate for residency, and whether PURCH contributes more or less to that portion.

Is there any data on UMass match lists that show PURCH vs. regular MD residency outcomes?

ppl seem to have matched into what they wanted. but due to the small sample size of Purch, it may be hard to directly compare the regular MD vs Purch match outcomes

is there anyone who interviewed early like aug sept earlier oct who hasnt received AC? :/ idk what this means. s/o if youre also purch lol

is there anyone who interviewed early like aug sept earlier oct who hasnt received AC? :/ idk what this means. s/o if youre also purch lol
I’m in the same boat as you. I wouldn’t look into it too much. I think they’re known for taking their time for decisions

If it helps I didn’t receive an AC email at all before getting my A! I don’t know if there’s any rhyme or reason to the AC email

If it helps I didn’t receive an AC email at all before getting my A! I don’t know if there’s any rhyme or reason to the AC email

How long was it between your interview and your A?

I interviewed the first week of September and never got an AC email. Got the A over 2 months after my interview. I think this just goes to show how random the admissions process is, hang in there!

Anybody who interviewed on 9/29 and still have not heard back ? No AC email nothing for me

Anybody who interviewed on 9/29 and still have not heard back ? No AC email nothing for me
I interviewed recently and the dean said not to worry if you don’t hear back even past December. She said the committee doesn’t meet every week also.