2022-2023 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A today! Got the email around 2pm, IS, interviewed early/mid October

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed for PURCH end of October and just received an email saying the adcoms have reviewed my app and it is still under “active consideration”. Anyone have any clue what this means / whether it is good or bad???

Interviewed for PURCH end of October and just received an email saying the adcoms have reviewed my app and it is still under “active consideration”. Anyone have any clue what this means / whether it is good or bad???

It basically means “we haven’t forgotten about you and are currently reviewing your application”

Reactions: 1 users
It basically means “we haven’t forgotten about you and are currently reviewing your application”
Thank you for this that’s helpful. Do you know if this Is like getting a deferral, or more just a considerate email they send out to many applicants to remind them they aren’t forgotten?

Thank you for this that’s helpful. Do you know if this Is like getting a deferral, or more just a considerate email they send out to many applicants to remind them they aren’t forgotten?
not deferral, definitely just consideration

So what if I interviewed for PURCH in September and didn’t receive this email? Is that bad?

Has this school sent out pre-ii rejections yet?
From browsing previous threads, I think they start sending them around January/Feb. I'm a PURCH applicant though, so I don't know if they send rejections pre-ii before the regular MD track does.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what if I interviewed for PURCH in September and didn’t receive this email? Is that bad?

This is what I’m wondering. I’m curious if they’ve made decisions for September interviewees already and are waiting to release them on a single day.

Just conjecture at this point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My gut is they either haven’t reviewed your app yet or you’re about to hear a decision?but just like receiving the email doesn’t mean much I’d assume not getting one does t mean much either. Overall no idea though just my thoughts

How long does it take for them to reach a decision after an interview? I interviewed late August and haven't heard anything from them since...

Interviewing next week. First II so I feel a little unprepared. Any tips/points to focus on? I know its MMI so I'm just doing practice Qs now

How long does it take for them to reach a decision after an interview? I interviewed late August and haven't heard anything from them since...
I Also interviewed late August and have not heard anything back yet! I hope that’s not a bad sign.

Interviewing next week. First II so I feel a little unprepared. Any tips/points to focus on? I know its MMI so I'm just doing practice Qs now
Something that helped me with my MMI interview at UMass was taking notes during the first two minutes. You have two minutes to think about the scenario and come up with an answer. For me, it really helped to write down bullet points of what I wanted to include in my answer during that first two minutes. Then during the 6 minutes that I had to respond, I briefly looked at my bullet points to make sure I was not missing anything. This gave me structure and helped me not to jump from one idea to another.
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming interview!

So weird… I interviewed for PURCH in late August and haven’t received any correspondence since.

Does anyone know if the AC email is sent once they discuss u at the meeting, if they decide to essentially defer their decision until later? So u wouldn’t receive it until your application has been presented to the committee?

Something that helped me with my MMI interview at UMass was taking notes during the first two minutes. You have two minutes to think about the scenario and come up with an answer. For me, it really helped to write down bullet points of what I wanted to include in my answer during that first two minutes. Then during the 6 minutes that I had to respond, I briefly looked at my bullet points to make sure I was not missing anything. This gave me structure and helped me not to jump from one idea to another.
Wishing you all the best on your upcoming interview!
Thank you! I've been practicing that and think I have a good grasp on it. Only thing I am noticing is that im struggling to speak for the full 6 minutes, is it better to go for 4-4.5 minutes and answer a follow up question or are they looking for a full 6 minutes on the first prompt?

Thank you! I've been practicing that and think I have a good grasp on it. Only thing I am noticing is that im struggling to speak for the full 6 minutes, is it better to go for 4-4.5 minutes and answer a follow up question or are they looking for a full 6 minutes on the first prompt?
They are definitely not expecting you to speak for the full 6 minutes. I wouldn't even say you have to speak for 4-4.5 minutes. It's a conversation. Take all the time you need to explain your thinking process, but they are prepared with follow-up questions. Don't worry, you've got this!

I'm crossing my fingers that this is the week for us PURCH applicants

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance email from UMass! This is my first MD acceptance and I’m in shock. Soooo grateful and happy for this opportunity. I interviewed on August 24th.
wishing those who’re waiting the very best!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users
Just got the acceptance email from UMass! This is my first MD acceptance and I’m in shock. Soooo grateful and happy for this opportunity. I interviewed on August 24th.
Congrats future physiciannnnnn :cool:

• Love

congrats!!! did you send any letters or updates post interview?

it's been radio silence from umass since I submitted my secondary on 7/16 and I'm super stressed, anyone have any words of advice? I'm IS and went to umass undergrad with pretty solid stats and I applied PURCH, but have yet to hear anything, anyone in the same boat?

it's been radio silence from umass since I submitted my secondary on 7/16 and I'm super stressed, anyone have any words of advice? I'm IS and went to umass undergrad with pretty solid stats and I applied PURCH, but have yet to hear anything, anyone in the same boat?
same!!

+1 complete 7/20

A!!! on Monday 11/7 at 11:41am. I am so thankful for making it to this point especially after getting rejected all of 2020-2021. I am thankful for each and every one of you, for making me feel not alone in this process. I sincerely wish the best for you all! lmk if you have any other questions <3

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone who got accepted get a confirmation email after responding to their acceptance on PeopleSoft?

What days of the week has umass been sending acceptances? Is it Mondays?

This schools decision turnaround time is crazy fast

Hey everyone, I’m an MS1 in PURCH. If you have any questions you can message me, gonna be a little harder for me to answer questions about clinical learning for the Worcester campus as that’s all at Baystate for me. Good luck to everyone this cycle and congratulations to those who have been accepted!

Reactions: 4 users