2022-2023 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think it’s only one wave for scholarships?
I highly doubt it! Some people are still interviewing and getting acceptances. Plus, if I choose to go elsewhere (or anyone else does the same).. their scholarships probably roll over onto the next candidate they considered for it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also does anyone know if the class is full or do they still have spots open?

Last cycle I got a pre-II interview rejection at UofL on 1/27/2022. That’s the best info I have on that

If someone gets a WL and is accepted at another medical school, how does that work? I know some here have acceptances elsewhere? Do you have to give up your acceptance or can you take the A and then swap if you get off the WL; even if you don't hear back until June that you are off their WL?

If someone gets a WL and is accepted at another medical school, how does that work? I know some here have acceptances elsewhere? Do you have to give up your acceptance or can you take the A and then swap if you get off the WL; even if you don't hear back until June that you are off their WL?

If you have WL/As at multiple schools you have until late June to make a final decision is my understanding. The schools encourage students with multiple As to narrow it down to 3 schools in April. While it it nice for the accepted students to have so long to decide, it is unfortunate for Waitlist students because they may have to wait until June to be accepted off of the waitlist.

At least this is my understanding. Someone may have better information. Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where are y’all getting the info that we are only interviewing for the waitlist/the class is full? Did y’all hear that from adcoms or is this just speculation?

Can confirm that they are interviewing for the waitlist! They told us in the admissions presentation that they are currently full and the last interview day is Feb 9th.

Can confirm that they are interviewing for the waitlist! They told us in the admissions presentation that they are currently full and the last interview day is Feb 9th.
So if I haven’t heard anything now is it still hopeful or a pre-II rejection?

Hello! I have been on the pre-interview waitlist for a while now. Does anyone know if Louisville accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, which email address should I send it to? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you very much for the help!

Hello! I have been on the pre-interview waitlist for a while now. Does anyone know if Louisville accepts updates/LOI for pre-interview applicants? If so, which email address should I send it to? I do not see anywhere in the portal to upload documents. Thank you very much for the help!
I have not heard that. I would e-mail admissions.

still silence. are they still interviewing waitlist spots?
“Can confirm that they are interviewing for the waitlist! They told us in the admissions presentation that they are currently full and the last interview day is Feb 9th”

“Can confirm that they are interviewing for the waitlist! They told us in the admissions presentation that they are currently full and the last interview day is Feb 9th”
So should I send an update letter or expect a rejection ?

Any idea if they send acceptances right after ranking waitlist or are we waiting till may to see any movement?

Any idea if they send acceptances right after ranking waitlist or are we waiting till may to see any movement?
They heavily suggested in my interview session that we would not hear anything until May. This is something that other schools have suggested as well. Be sure to tell your friends who aren't planning on attending a school in which they hold an A to send a withdrawal email so we WL students can hear sooner rather than later.

Thank you for this!!!! I heard the same, as for waitlisters to hear back until May. You guys have any idea why is this set up this way?

Thank you for this!!!! I heard the same, as for waitlisters to hear back until May. You guys have any idea why is this set up this way?
people can hold onto multiple acceptances until then, so they won’t know how many spots they have until then. I hope it works out for you!

How much WL movement is there for this school? Especially OOS WL.
They are a 2 WL school. There are 160 ish spots and about 40 of those are reserved for OOS students. OOS WL movement will only happen if someone who has been accepted to one of those OOS spots declines. Seems to be a lot more IS WL movement in the past, but you also never know where you are ranked. Really no way to predict at any school if you will come off WL or not.

They are a 2 WL school. There are 160 ish spots and about 40 of those are reserved for OOS students. OOS WL movement will only happen if someone who has been accepted to one of those OOS spots declines. Seems to be a lot more IS WL movement in the past, but you also never know where you are ranked. Really no way to predict at any school if you will come off WL or n
They are a 2 WL school. There are 160 ish spots and about 40 of those are reserved for OOS students. OOS WL movement will only happen if someone who has been accepted to one of those OOS spots declines. Seems to be a lot more IS WL movement in the past, but you also never know where you are ranked. Really no way to predict at any school if you will come off WL or not.
Thank you for this! How did you know it was 160 spots in the waitlist for this school? Where did you find this information?

Not 160 spots for the WL; this is for the admitted class.

“Approximately 150 applicants on initial waitlist.

Applicants on the final waitlist are reviewed and ranked by the Admissions Committee and then offered admission as positions become available. Offers vary greatly between cycles, range 20-45.”

-directly from Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR) on AAMC’s website.

Hope this helps some!

How do you figure a lot more IS WL movement in this past vs OOS?

I would say there is decent movement off both waitlists. Some IS students will prefer UK, so that opens up some spots. I feel like some OOS students prefer their IS institutions bc it is most likely cheaper. Really just varies for both

Should be ranking the waitlist today at committee meeting. Good luck everyone, although there likely will not be any movement till may….

Should be ranking the waitlist today at committee meeting. Good luck everyone, although there likely will not be any movement till may….
I think they said in the presentation that the committee meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays in March which would be the 14th and 28th!

I think they said in the presentation that the committee meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays in March which would be the 14th and 28th!
Good point, I figured they were meeting today for the second February meeting, although sounds like there may not be one 🤷🏼‍♂️