2022-2023 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted students groupchat?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we going to hear about the Waitlist rankings today or is that not until April?
It is my understanding that they won't tell you where you are ranked and that you will only be notified if you are selected to come off the WL

Reactions: 1 users
It is my understanding that the adcom will meet for the last time March 28th. They are discussing all applicants on the waitlist this month and then ranking them. I think if you are no longer chosen to be on the waitlist, then you are notified. If you stay on the waitlist, I do not believe that they notify you of that or of where you are on the waitlist. Just continued limbo until April, May, June...

It is my understanding that the adcom will meet for the last time March 28th. They are discussing all applicants on the waitlist this month and then ranking them. I think if you are no longer chosen to be on the waitlist, then you are notified. If you stay on the waitlist, I do not believe that they notify you of that or of where you are on the waitlist. Just continued limbo until April, May, June...
Madness. I think they stopped telling you which “third” of the waitlist you placed in around 2018.

Reactions: 1 user
Since the last adcom meeting was yesterday, does anyone have any ideas how quickly we are notified if removed from the WL?

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems as though the email is for all still considered on the waitlist.

Meaning if we got the email we made it to the second round of waitlist considering?
I am not familiar with there being multiple rounds of waitlists. Rather, once you are notified of your status on the waitlist, you are on the waitlist indefinitely.

The email states that the first round of notifications is the 1st week of May, and so I would imagine if you got this notification then you are indeed considered still on the waitlist.

Hey! I also did receive that same email, do you think that this email was sent to those that will remain on the waitlist? Or what does it exactly mean?
I have a feeling that a lot of people were emailing louisville with update letters and this was them saying "stop emailing us. If you're on the waitlist we won't contact you until the first week of May at the earlist."
So I think everyone on the waitlist received the email

Reactions: 2 users
A population of applicants that were waitlisted likely did not remain on the waitlist after further review and “ranking”
That’s a thing? Louisville actually cuts people from the waitlist? I thought you only get “cut” when the class is full after they finish pulling from the waitlist

Just withdrew my A, sending good luck to all on WL!!!

I have a feeling that a lot of people were emailing louisville with update letters and this was them saying "stop emailing us. If you're on the waitlist we won't contact you until the first week of May at the earlist."
So I think everyone on the waitlist received the email
This was my thought as well..

Anyone hear of any other acceptance withdrawals? Both IS/OOS

Withdrawing my IS A here. I hope it goes to one of you lovely people. ULSOM is a great school :giggle:

Reactions: 6 users
IS acceptance today at 4:40! So excited! Good luck to everyone and hoping there’s more waitlist movement !!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any OOS acceptances? Hoping they continue emailing throughout the week and the wave isn't over.

Forgot to mention that I withdrew my A on Monday (IS) - good luck to everyone on the WL!

Well there have been acceptances sent out on both Monday and Tuesday. As of 5/1/23, the commit to enroll option has only just become available. Not everyone is going to commit as soon as it’s available due to people waiting on other waitlist offers or considering other acceptances. No one has to commit (thus opening up a spot to a waitlister) until 7/3/23.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to Louisville medical school of the WL at 4:35 pm today!! They called me at 4:50 to let me know and I'm dizzy from jumping up and down (sorry downstairs neighbors lol).

I'm OOS but moved to Louisville in August, after which I applied to the school. Received an interview invite 10/21, interviewed 11/15, got waitlisted 12/14. I'm ORM and URM - white but I'm transgender.

Stats: First application cycle, graduated 2022, GPA 3.63, sGPA 3.41. Only about 100 hours of shadowing but I started scribing full-time as soon as I graduated college. Worked at the NIH for two years in high school and 1 year in college and some library research in my senior year of college.

I'm totally infodumping because this is my first A and I'm going crazy and somehow I'm supposed to keep working like nothing happened!!! DM me if you want any more info or whatever. I am praying for everyone may my good vibes rub off on you, this whole process is so ****ty and bad if you're struggling it's not your fault it's the ADCOM's <3

Reactions: 5 users
What does the email they just sent mean?🥲does that mean they’ve already sent out all first round offers?