2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My informed delivery says, “mail pieces that do not have an image are included in todays mail.”. Maybe today is the day? Fingers crossed.

Praying for everyone still waiting to hear back:)
Just advertisements… no acceptance :( 😂

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I don’t think there’s mail sent this upcoming Monday either bc of Presidents’ Day, so next possible mail day is Tuesday :( I wonder if they will do emails/portal updates on Monday if the office is open

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a UMP groupchat going! Feel free to join!
You're invited to my new group 'IUSM - UMP 🩺⚕️🏥' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Same here but I’ll believe it when I see it

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone had an email or portal update for any acceptances this month?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had an email or portal update for any acceptances this month?
The email/ portal update will likely happen tomorrow because it's typically a week after the 15th. Let's all hope for good news tomorrow!

I love how instead of IUSM simply notifying us of their monthly decision, we have to use "image not available" informed delivery notifications as an indicator that we MIGHT have gotten accepted. If only there was some system they could use that would notify everyone at the same time regardless of where they live... can't think of anything that could do that. /s

After interviewing with other schools, IUSM is most definitely wayyyy behind the curve when it comes to communication. Hell I can text the admissions department at one of my schools. Per my friends who currently attend, it doesn't stop here either.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. :) Vent over.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Y'all. Got the A after interviewing 8/31. I did not even think this would happen, I was ready to be hit with WL. Also had no indication on informed delivery. IS on their FOURTH application cycle. Jesus Christ.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
Y'all. Got the A after interviewing 8/31. I did not even think this would happen, I was ready to be hit with WL. Also had no indication on informed delivery. IS.

Congrats future doctor!!

• Care
Y'all. Got the A after interviewing 8/31. I did not even think this would happen, I was ready to be hit with WL. Also had no indication on informed delivery. IS on their FOURTH application cycle. Jesus Christ.
OMG Congrats! I think this gives some of us hope that we can still be accepted even after interviewing a while ago. I can't imagine the anxiety ou had all these months of waiting.

• Care
Did you get your acceptance via mail?

Reactions: 1 user
LETS GOOOOOOOOO :banana:

• Care
Have you received an email or a portal update yet?
There was nothing yesterday in email/portal. But I just checked it today, and the portal had been updated! So there must be a pleasant surprise for some of you guys in the portal today!

There was nothing yesterday in email/portal. But I just checked it today, and the portal had been updated! So there must be a pleasant surprise for some of you guys in the portal today!
Shoot thats not good for me lol

Yup! Checked the portal and got the A!!! No email or mail yet. Congrats to you, GBM90!!

• Care
Congrats to everyone who heard this month!! Here’s our GroupMe link again:

So if nothing shows up on the portal do we just assume we didn't get in this round?

Does anyone else feel like the acceptances this application cycle have been low? I mean IU enrolls 365 students each cycle, probably 450-500 acceptances total and we only had 2 posted on here this month? Maybe I am just hope-searching, but I think there should be a ton more acceptances flowing soon right?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone else feel like the acceptances this application cycle have been low? I mean IU enrolls 365 students each cycle, probably 450-500 acceptances total and we only had 2 posted on here this month? Maybe I am just hope-searching, but I think there should be a ton more acceptances flowing soon right?
SDN is such a small sample size that outside of just general dates of when II and As are given out we really can’t draw much from it. Perhaps all the people who are getting As just aren’t on SDN or just aren’t posting. Hopefully next month we start seeing movement. Based on last year you’ll know around end of April at the latest if WL or R if haven’t been accepted before.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone receive the email invitation for the Indy campus second look yet?

Like the invitation email itself where you sign up? I am assigned the Indy campus, but I got the initial email and not the invitation email.
Oh sorry, just the general email about the tour day. No email for the sign-up link.

Likewise, I just panicked thinking that I missed the email or never got it. Glad to hear others never got anything either about the Indy visit.

Cheers to daylight savings helping out with S.A.D. but IUSM still hits me real good around this time every month. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
MSTP R two days ago…does anyone know if MSTP applicants are considered for MD only?

Also MSTP R two days ago, Interviewed 2/8. The email definitely implies there is still MD only consideration!

Last edited: