2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hahaha I needed this :rofl::rofl:
I consider myself a fairly level-headed individual, but this waiting is driving me "5-year-old-waiting-for-santa" levels of insane.

At least as a kid I knew the precise day he was going to arrive!

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My informed delivery says "quit refreshing this page every 2 min and causing yourself unnecessary stress!!!!!!"

Anyone else getting this?
I actually had a dream about checking informed delivery and woke up confused. This is getting out of control 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually had a dream about checking informed delivery and woke up confused. This is getting out of control 😂
Oh wow--I actually had the same dream on Tuesday and thought about posting about it, but I figured that would make me sound insane.

Solidarity!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just got the A! Via email, I didn't receive anything in the mail yet nor do i have anything in informed delivery. Interviewed 11/09 and am in state, about 2 hours away from the main campus.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone who applied to the MSTP heard anything yet? There's only been one person who has posted an acceptance in the MSTP acceptance thread, and no post-interview rejections have been posted yet.

Has anyone who applied to the MSTP heard anything yet? There's only been one person who has posted an acceptance in the MSTP acceptance thread, and no post-interview rejections have been posted yet.
I'm an MSTP applicant too, and haven't heard anything yet, except for an "under consideration" email earlier this month.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's based on the form you filled out prior to interview to IUPUI. On that it, it had information to determine if youre IS or OOS. Depending on what you had on that form, I think that is what your residency is based on.
Shoot I just realized I marked that I would not have lived their 12 months prior to matriculating when I would have:oops:. Do you know if that would make me out of state?

A! It was my only II I can’t believe it! Stay positive everyone, I know the waiting sucks. LM 71 IS 11/9. And I only got the update via email, still waiting on the mail

Reactions: 9 users
They are very cagey about how the lottery system works. This is MY understanding of the process from everyone I've spoken to/what I've seen online, but it might not be totally accurate, so take it with a grain of salt

People accepted early decision, accepted into a scholarly concentration program, and those with certain scholarships are placed at campuses first. Then, everyone else gets placed. They don't rank students, students rank the campuses. Then it is a "random" lottery but from what I've heard, its based on the time you were accepted. For example, they'd take everyone who was accepted in Oct/Nov and hadn't been placed yet and put them in a pool. Then they places everyone as best they can according to submitted ranking list and number of spots left at each campus. Then, they would repeat for eveyone accepted Dec/Jan/Feb, then March/April. Once a campuses spots have been filled, nobody else can be placed at that campus. For waitlist spots, if someone withdraws the person who takes their spot is automatically assigned to the campus they withdrew from.

oh ok that makes sense!

I have the informed delivery message for today. I’m really hoping that they didn’t send out emails to everyone who’s getting an A this month

Reactions: 1 users
Hey pals, ranking the campuses and choosing the “I accept” button on the applicant portal doesn’t bind you to IU, right? Nothing is binding until I do stuff on AMCAS, correct?

Anyone else who interviewed a while ago still waiting for a decision?

Reactions: 3 users
Can you send an LOI even though you don't have an A yet? Asking because I would 100% attend Indiana if accepted.
Why would you send a letter of intent if you already got an A? As far as I know, you can send it a few weeks after your interview if you have not heard anything. Rooting for you bro. I am sincerely praying that a few others on SDN waiting impatiently for an A get it too.

Reactions: 4 users
How likely is it to receive your top choice? I put Indy at 1 and Bloomington at 2, I'm worried that Indy will be too popular and I'll get passed over for Bloomington because I listed it second and everyone who listed it first will get it before me.

Also, does anyone have any info on the Fort Wayne campus? Discussions on it are sparse online. Does it have good research and leadership opportunities?

Last edited:
That was also my concern. Like I know it’s already a low chance that we get Indy, and I read that if you put a regional campus at 1 you’d get it almost guaranteed. But I’m not sure how the lottery will work in your scenario, I was actually just thinking about that yesterday hahaha

Accepted on Friday🥹. Any current students here that I can message to learn more information about the school?

Oh no :( did the interviewers say that? Kinda wish for consideration to MD track too if UMP doesn’t work out. UMP seems really competitive
Yeah my interviewer told me that. I also thought the exact same thing, and asked questions about the general MD track which led to the interviewer telling me to withdraw my application. I'd recommend treading carefully if you have an interview coming up

• Wow
Does anyone know how long it takes for the final transcript to be verified by IU after they receive it?

Yeah my interviewer told me that. I also thought the exact same thing, and asked questions about the general MD track which led to the interviewer telling me to withdraw my application. I'd recommend treading carefully if you have an interview coming up
Huh. This is all pretty confusing because I swear someone earlier on this thread applied to UMP but got into the regular program. I also called the general admissions number back in September and asked whether we would be considered for both programs and they said yes. At this point, I'm not sure I want to call to clarify if I might just be told to "withdraw my application" for asking

Huh. This is all pretty confusing because I swear someone earlier on this thread applied to UMP but got into the regular program. I also called the general admissions number back in September and asked whether we would be considered for both programs and they said yes. At this point, I'm not sure I want to call to clarify if I might just be told to "withdraw my application" for asking
To clarify, I am an OOS applicant, and I was specifically told that was why I would not get in through the regular program. So I do believe you are considered for both, it was just in my case I was told it wouldn't be worthwhile.

I got scholarship offer today as well as my campus placement, so I think certain scholarships give you priority campus placement outside of the lottery for those hoping for their #1

Reactions: 2 users
I got scholarship offer today as well as my campus placement, so I think certain scholarships give you priority campus placement outside of the lottery for those hoping for their #1
I might be wrong but think they give early scholarship to those (who have a high MCAT score (52X)) and the campus of their choice so that they attend. I know a few from past years who got it but withdrew as they got into the top med schools.

I might be wrong but think they give early scholarship to those (who have a high MCAT score (52X)) and the campus of their choice so that they attend. I know a few from past years who got it but withdrew as they got into the top med schools.
My MCAT score was no where near 52X and I received the early scholarship offer. It's more merit/recruitment base if they really want you to attend I think.

Reactions: 1 users
My MCAT score was no where near 52X and I received the early scholarship offer. It's more merit/recruitment base if they really want you to attend I think.
Did you fill out all the pre-matriculation stuff on the portal (like the FAFSA, transcripts, etc) awhile ago? I'm wondering if they are more likely to give out scholarships if you've turned it in early or something