2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am in the same boat; however, I only received the email stating they received my application and I presume that the portal will update once receiving a second email saying the application has been reviewed/marked complete?

update: just received complete email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just got the complete email after submitting my secondary a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just got the complete email after submitting everything a week or two ago

Despite being a citizen, does anyone else have the "International Documentation" marked as received under status?

Also I just realized that my app was marked complete without receiving Snapshot? So...is it not required lol

Also I just realized that my app was marked complete without receiving Snapshot? So...is it not required lol
Their website says it is required, so maybe they need it for post-interview or something? I submitted mine just in case though!

IS and still waiting for secondary... wtf is happening on their end

I'm applying MD-PhD and I just got a confirmation email today that my application was complete. I submitted the secondary 7/6 and had LOR and Casper done early June

I submitted my secondary on 7/17 and got the complete email today (7/20), so it took a few days to get marked complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about CASPer: do you have to finish the exam to be marked 'complete' or do you just have to be scheduled for an exam by Dec. 8th? The secondary e-mail seems a little ambiguous to me. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I think the exam needs to be finished and the score sent to be complete.

I have a question about CASPer: do you have to finish the exam to be marked 'complete' or do you just have to be scheduled for an exam by Dec. 8th? The secondary e-mail seems a little ambiguous to me. Would love to hear your thoughts.
On their FAQ it says the following. CASPer score usually take about 3 weeks to send to schools.

You will receive an email notifying you when your application is complete and moved to a screening queue. Failure to turn the following list of items, in any part, will result in an application processing delay. Visit the Secondary Application Portal to review your submitted items:
  • AMCAS application
  • Secondary Application
  • MCAT score
  • CASPer score
  • International Documentation (visa(s) upload)

Does anybody else's secondary photo look really blurry after uploading it? It's totally fine before but now its all fuzzy

I'm applying MD-PhD and I just got a confirmation email today that my application was complete. I submitted the secondary 7/6 and had LOR and Casper done early June
Did you have extra MD/PhD essay prompts on your secondary or just the secondary prompts listed in this thread? I am also applying to MD/PhD and don't have any extra MSTP specific prompts that display on my secondary portal.

Did you have extra MD/PhD essay prompts on your secondary or just the secondary prompts listed in this thread? I am also applying to MD/PhD and don't have any extra MSTP specific prompts that display on my secondary portal.
Neither did I

Do they require snapshot and duet? Or do they only require CASPER

Does UIC not review your application until they receive CASPET, duet and snapshot?

UIC is taking their time with interviews this year :cryi:

Reactions: 8 users
For sure they do if you don't have duet and snapshot.
Sorry, just to clarify, they do review applications without duet/snapshot? Can I still be considered for an interview without having completed Snapshot, with the expectation that I'd complete it right before or after the interview? Or do I need to have it completed?

Sorry, just to clarify, they do review applications without duet/snapshot? Can I still be considered for an interview without having completed Snapshot, with the expectation that I'd complete it right before or after the interview? Or do I need to have it completed?

Yes, they did review without the additional two components and extended interviews without them. Probably the expectations was, as you mentioned, that duet & snapshot will be completed at least some time before the interview. My gut feeling is they only use these after the interview, as I completed them a day before the interview itself ;)

Take it with a grain of salt thou, as this year one of the main people who used to communicate with students - Dr Amiri - has changed.

I just realized I mentioned (one sentence) Carle's projects in one of my Illinois secondary essays. Oops! Consider me withdrawn :giggle:

Don't stress about that really - many people at UIC Chicago work with Carle's. One of the advisors for IMED has Carle in his e-mail signature, as it's kind of a cross between COM and various engineering departments.

We have people in the class who were an hour late for the interview, people who put a wrong school name in their secondaries - we're all humans and make mistakes :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I am new to SDN. Do these chats usually reflect when interviews start getting sent out?

I am new to SDN. Do these chats usually reflect when interviews start getting sent out?
Absolutely. This is the first place you'll see them reported. "Watch" the thread to get notified. :)

When you completed your secondary, did you guys also fill out the "scholarly concentration" section? I thought that was to fill out after getting an interview or acceptance, but it's hard to tell. I already answered the q's about why i was interested in the scholarly concentration programs in the actual secondary application

When you completed your secondary, did you guys also fill out the "scholarly concentration" section? I thought that was to fill out after getting an interview or acceptance, but it's hard to tell. I already answered the q's about why i was interested in the scholarly concentration programs in the actual secondary application
You are better off filling this in before you get an interview invitation since for scholarly concentrations the interviews are different. I'm not saying you cannot do it afterwards as some people do and succeed. However, it's beneficial to do it while you're filling in your secondary as you're looked at by multiple teams at once. Some of these teams to my knowledge also have their own rolling admission internally, so the later you apply the less chance you have.

You are better off filling this in before you get an interview invitation since for scholarly concentrations the interviews are different. I'm not saying you cannot do it afterwards as some people do and succeed. However, it's beneficial to do it while you're filling in your secondary as you're looked at by multiple teams at once. Some of these teams to my knowledge also have their own rolling admission internally, so the later you apply the less chance you have.

Does it look bad if you mention them in your secondary application but do not apply to related scholarly concentrations?

Does it look bad if you mention them in your secondary application but do not apply to related scholarly concentrations?
argh. it's so frustrating to have a checklist of documents to fill out to complete ur secondary, but then have this other whole thing be beneficial. i wish they would just tell us what they want.

I would think not, you can have interests but also not want to pursue them in a specific concentration

Last edited:
I’ve been complete for awhile but did not apply to a scholarly concentration. I mentioned my interests in the initial secondary but never completed the scholarly concentration. Will this be important when then start sending interviews?