2022-2023 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why does Hofstra have such a high MCAT median?
It’s programs are ridiculously impressive and the access to northwell health offers almost unprecedented early clinical experience. Even though it’s a new program, it has a lot of amazing opportunities and it’s gaining notoriety fast

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Late to the game, but II on 10/24, OOS, secondary completed on 8/3/22! And the earliest date for my interview was mid-Jan. Good luck to everyone!!

so.... decisions next week???? so nervous....

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if we can submit an additional LOR after interviewing? All I can find online is per their Admissions FAQ that additional LOR not included in AMCAS should go directly to their adcom office email, but it doesn't say anything about whether this is frowned upon post-ii. Anyone have any input?

Anyone know if we can submit an additional LOR after interviewing? All I can find online is per their Admissions FAQ that additional LOR not included in AMCAS should go directly to their adcom office email, but it doesn't say anything about whether this is frowned upon post-ii. Anyone have any input?
Additional LOR's rarely help a candidate from my understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
btw at the interview today they said they will be releasing the first round of decisions next week before the holidays

Reactions: 9 users
Those who have interviewed already, what kind of preparation do you suggest? Were the MMI questions similar to other MMIs like situational-based questions, role-playing, etc?

Those who have interviewed already, what kind of preparation do you suggest? Were the MMI questions similar to other MMIs like situational-based questions, role-playing, etc?
There were 7 short ~6 minute stations, and 1 longer ~15 minute station. Most stations were situational-based questions, except I remember 2 that were non-situational questions requiring more personal answers.

Do just normal MMI prep, no need to do role-playing though

Reactions: 1 users
pre-II R complete july, interviewed last year in October lmao
Feels like they do an auto-screen for 1st quartile Casper scores

Pre-ii r just now. Sucks cause this is my second one today lol. Oos complete in prob late July?

R from Hofstra on 12/16, ORM, OOS, LM 70, WARS 71, submitted secondary on 8/1

Pre-II R. submitted like the day before secondaries were due bc I forgot to send them my casper lol.

Pre-II R, complete 9/9

Last edited:
Dead silence since submitting early August. Is Hofstra still sending out II?