2022-2023 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II not even an hour ago!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I'm seeing only December dates are available. Is that right?

Members don't see this ad :)
II last week on 9/8, complete 8/6, OOS, LM 79. First of the cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
can you say how many rounds the MMI was?
I think there were 9 stations, with one being a rest station. The stations were 8 minutes each (2 minutes to read the question/think and 6 minutes to discuss). One station is twice as long (16 minutes) and is more traditional-style.

For the comment below about tips, maybe do a mock MMI so you are used to formulating an answer within the time limit. Other than that, don't stress! They were typical MMI questions, with none of them being stumpers. Good luck to all! You've got this :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for people who completed, are you sending thank you notes at all? I'm not sure if the expectations for MMIs is different.

II received today! Application complete 8/31
LM 68.8 / WARS 81 / 4Q Casp3r / In-state / URM

Just wanted to calm some nerves for future interviewees -- I finished interviewing recently and this was my 5th MMI circuit. This definitely ranked first. It was the easiest and most fun MMI and I believe that every school should model their questions after them. Very straightforward and you should look forward to interviewing here instead of fearing it!

Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted to calm some nerves for future interviewees -- I finished interviewing recently and this was my 5th MMI circuit. This definitely ranked first. It was the easiest and most fun MMI and I believe that every school should model their questions after them. Very straightforward and you should look forward to interviewing here instead of fearing it!
Seconded, it was my first and only MMI thus far but was very easygoing and I was able to make great conversation with my interviewers despite the little time we had together.

I'm not sure if I am reading this right, but did you apply to 74 schools?!?!!?! HOW? So much writing....

Seconded, it was my first and only MMI thus far but was very easygoing and I was able to make great conversation with my interviewers despite the little time we had together.
Thirded! I was blown away by Hofstra as a whole and the MMI even made me think I'd like MMI's until I did them at another school lol.

Agreed, and ironically this was the most "conversational" MMI. Instead of the generic follow-up MMI questions that a school usually asks somebody, they specifically tailor their follow-up questions to your responses. They critically think about what you said instead of directly reading a piece of paper telling them the next question to ask. Don't anticipate, just let the conversation flow

I'm not sure if I am reading this right, but did you apply to 74 schools?!?!!?! HOW? So much writing....
I began early July and finished the very last in September. I work full time so it's not like I did it all in a short period of time. Spreading out and prioritizing quality despite the quantity has proven dividends in my success so far!

for those who wrote thank you notes, did you write an individual one for each interviewer or just one for all of them?

Does anyone remember when they said they'd start getting back to us with decisions post-II? I feel like it was December but did they say anything more specifically?

Does anyone remember when they said they'd start getting back to us with decisions post-II? I feel like it was December but did they say anything more specifically?
I wanna say that it starts December 10th but I could be making that up. Can’t remember for sure

Interviewed yesterday and they said they start rolling them out in December (around the holidays) and go up to March

Didn’t give us a specific day in December tho

II received 11/4. Complete 7/6. OOS. Love this school and hoping for the best!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!! when was the earliest interview date?
Most dates seemed to be in Jan. I was lucky to get a much earlier slot, my guess is a vacancy opened up/last minute reschedule.

does anyone know what their plan is to release decisions? does everyone hear in december or does it just start then

does anyone know what their plan is to release decisions? does everyone hear in december or does it just start then
Rolling decisions starting December before Christmas till ~May

Reactions: 3 users
If I remember correctly, in last years thread it seems like A’s were give out around dec 15th-16th

When does the blood bath begin. I'm attempting to prepare mentally

Has anyone below the MCAT median been invited for an II here?
Complete 9/14, II 11/28, and my MCAT is farrrr below the median. Like below 515 far. Hofstra is my first choice though, so God may have put His hand in this fr. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the acceptance at this point beyond acing the interview and submitting an LOI?

Complete 9/14, II 11/28, and my MCAT is farrrr below the median. Like below 515 far. Hofstra is my first choice though, so God may have put His hand in this fr. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the acceptance at this point beyond acing the interview and submitting an LOI?
Congrats !!! Thanks for the info. I completed secondary in September also.

I am in the same boat as you now, and I am just worried because I feel like on here and reddit I have seen so much about people getting an II--> asking for feedback from school as to why they got denied post II --> and then the school said if was because of low GPA or MCAT or whatever. So just curious to see what will happen

I am in the same boat as you now, and I am just worried because I feel like on here and reddit I have seen so much about people getting an II--> asking for feedback from school as to why they got denied post II --> and then the school said if was because of low GPA or MCAT or whatever. So just curious to see what will happen
I hope we both make it and our personalities show through more than a number ever will. Of course, that's wishful thinking, the MCAT score does matter. The 519 accepted MCAT median is nothing to sneeze at. There's nothing we can do besides put our best foot forward. Good luck on the interview!