2022-2023 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone below the MCAT median been invited for an II here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone below the MCAT median been invited for an II here?
Idk if I am considered a "super high stat applicant" or not, but I have a 4.0 (from a no-name state school) and a 517 MCAT. So my MCAT is indeed below their median. I also don't have the greatest MCAT distribution (129/127/129/132). I hope this helps!

Idk if I am considered a "super high stat applicant" or not, but I have a 4.0 (from a no-name state school) and a 517 MCAT. So my MCAT is indeed below their median. I also don't have the greatest MCAT distribution (129/127/129/132). I hope this helps!
A 517 MCAT is their matriculated average lol, just so you know

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Annnnd I did bad on Casper. lol
Congratulations! Do you mind sharing what you consider “bad” so for those of us who are marked as psychopaths by Altus know if we have any hope.

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like Hofstra has sent out their IIs to the super high stats applicants so far. Idk maybe im bugging

I ~feel~ like my stats are average aside from MCAT so I wouldn’t count yourself out if that’s not you!! You’re not being irrational though.Perhaps no consolation from me, but give yourself grace for things you can’t control. There are enough factors in this process that could drive any sane person to the edge. It’s still early august and they give out almost 600 invites every year!

MD-PhD II received 8/17/22 at 11:44 am MST. OOS, GPA 3.97, MCAT 520. 4th quartile Ca$per.

Last edited:
MD-PhD II received 8/17/22 at 10 am PST, OOS, 4th quartile CASPER. @saganist are the November dates also the earliest available interview slots for you? The September and October ones don't seem to be available

Also, come join us in the Physician Scientist thread:

MD-PhD II received 8/17/22 at 10 am PST, OOS, 4th quartile CASPER. @saganist are the November dates also the earliest available interview slots for you? The September and October ones don't seem to be available

Also, come join us in the Physician Scientist thread:
@thr1932359 when I registered my interview this morning (pretty much immediately after receiving the invitation), I got October 19th. Both September dates were already gone at that time, so I think they're just getting filled up quickly.

When I registered my interview this morning (just 2-3 hours ago), I got October 19th. Both September dates was already gone at that time, so I think they're just getting filled up quickly.
Damn! I should have scheduled my invite the second I got the email then. Thanks for letting me know

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys how long did it take to receive a secondary here?

I am confused on how to approach the since graduating till now question if you have just graduated?

I am confused on how to approach the since graduating till now question if you have just graduated?
I put down what I was currently doing and how I would continue that through the resulting gap year

MD-PhD II received 8/17/22 at 11:44 am MST. OOS, GPA 3.97, MCAT 520. 4th quartile Ca$per.
How do you find out your Casper score? I can't find it on Altus and it's been a month since I took the test.

They email you when the results are out. Check spam.
I still don't see anything, nothing in my spam. Is it common for casper scores to not get revealed to you, even after a month? My casper did get sent to my schools for them to see it, I just don't know what the score is.

I still don't see anything, nothing in my spam. Is it common for casper scores to not get revealed to you, even after a month? My casper did get sent to my schools for them to see it, I just don't know what the score is.
It was slightly more than a month for me so hopefully in the next week or so! The website will also update and allow you to see the score so you can try checking every few days or so

It was slightly more than a month for me so hopefully in the next week or so! The website will also update and allow you to see the score so you can try checking every few days or so
Also, there aren't any medical schools that require Snapshot do they? I haven't come across one school that requires snapshot and duet.

Which few AMCAS schools? Almost every school I saw on Altus didn't require snapshot.
There’s no good way to search for this but from what I see on our school threads this year, it’s just
E Tennessee (Quillen)
Colorado
Illinois

Has anyone for MD-PhD received any sort of confirmation email back after emailing the names of your preferred faculty for interview ?

Long time lurker and thought I'd finally make an account to contribute! first and only interview so far so kinda nervous lmao but trying to more patient

IS ORM Complete 7/21 II received 8/10 LM 72 Casper 4th quartile

II just now! at 2:38pm EST. Fourth quartile casper, OOS no ties to NY. Complete and under review 8/8. Thought it was a rejection email but here we are! Super happy about it. URM, stats below their average, that’s for sure lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II OOS. 3rd quartile Casper Complete 8/1

II 3 hours ago! WARS 92, LM 81, OOS, ORM, Casper 4th quartile, shoe size 7.5, INFJ. Complete 7/25

Reactions: 2 users
II OOS yesterday! Complete 8/13, 4th quartile Casper, LM 76.

It seems like Hofstra has sent out their IIs to the super high stats applicants so far. Idk maybe im bugging
I have a 514 MCAT and received an II 2 weeks after secondary submission.