2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed heard anything from HMS financial aid? I've heard a lot from Yale about the financial aid application and deadlines but nothing from HMS. Their website showed that last year's HMS financial aid application was due March 15th, but I haven't received any emails about how to complete it.
from the canvas site:
The application process for financial assistance is separate from the admissions process. The Committee on Admissions follows a long-standing policy of selecting candidates without regard to the candidate's ability to pay for medical school. Candidates selected for admission or for the wait list are invited to apply for financial assistance and will be sent the necessary application forms.
Last year's SDN thread shows that financial aid apps are typically due mid March!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm gunna email Harvard a rejection email before they can reject me. Sorry Harvard, while you are very qualified, I have decided to pursue other schools at this time. Best of luck in your medical journey, nerds.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for disturbing the peace but I really wish these post-II decisions could come sooner...

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Sorry for disturbing the peace but I really wish these post-II decisions could come sooner...
Haha, I was hoping someone would break the silence because the release date being less than two weeks after months of waiting is agonizing

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Haha, I was hoping someone would break the silence because the release date being less than two weeks after months of waiting is agonizing

I keep anxiously checking even though I know I’m not gonna hear back just yet.

• Care
Decisions going to come out the same day Creed 3 is out. So BIG BIG day

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Getting an email from HMS with the subject line "Secure Your Spot for Fall 2023" this morning sent me into palpitations. And then was the masters program :,)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Getting an email from HMS with the subject line "Secure Your Spot for Fall 2023" this morning sent me into palpitations. And then was the masters program :,)
That feeling when you don't even get the masters program email :lol:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not to break the silence or anything... but... I just want to send y'all really good vibes and positive thoughts for this week! Y'all are amazing humans and will make wonderful physicians, so just a reminder that this decision does not define your worth <3 best of luck (not that any of you need it!)

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users
does anyone know if harvard makes you log into the portal for the decision or if it will be in the email?

Email!! I got mine at roughly 6 AM PST.

Edit: This was when I got my decision 2 years ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Yale made people with Rs check the portal, and def sent emails for WLs. Not sure about As.
Lol kind of not cool that they sent emails for As and WLs and made Rs check the portal. Irony that I'm criticizing Yale on the Harvard forum isn't lost

• Haha
Yale made people with Rs check the portal, and def sent emails for WLs. Not sure about As.
R here. It was just the adcom team doing the griddy on our burning application. Crazy stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
snowstorm here in CT today - wonder if it's anything serious in Boston and if a snow day could delay decisions at any schools?
I work at Harvard, it is functioning completely at capacity today so should not.

Did anyone else get an email today asking them to upload their SSN to the portal?

Did anyone else get an email today asking them to upload their SSN to the portal?
I uploaded my SSN to the portal a while ago. (I think it was before the interview.) So no I didnt get that email.

Yeah has nothing to do with whether you’re admitted or not same thing happened last year

So how is everyone passing the time? Thankfully(?) it’s midterm season, so trying to poke my head in the sand and focus on those. But alas, I still keep checking the forum hoping for news haha

Reactions: 3 users
So how is everyone passing the time? Thankfully(?) it’s midterm season, so trying to poke my head in the sand and focus on those. But alas, I still keep checking the forum hoping for news haha
Watching lots of movies 🍿

• Love
I've spent an inordinate amount of time in bed over the past week. The anxiety from waiting is surprisingly tiring ...

• Care
  • Sad

Refreshing sdn has become my new unwanted hobby

• Care
  • Haha
I mean I am rapidly closing in on 100 hours in Elden Ring... so nothing productive

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Killing Eve Help GIF by BBC America

My parents are actively placing bets (of like $1) on whether they are releasing decisions tomorrow or Friday...

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
My birds tell me decision day is Friday. Good luck everyone. May the odds ever be in your favor.

Killing Eve Help GIF by BBC America

My parents are actively placing bets (of like $1) on whether they are releasing decisions tomorrow or Friday...
For those of you who happen to be interested: My dad is clearly winning (Friday bet). My mom (Wednesday bet) is not too thrilled that we have to wait another two days. She said, "They have to know at this point! What good does two additional days do??? I guess if they tell you Friday then it gives you all less time to pester them about the results of your decision... Smart on their part. Stinks for you all." I feel that many of us share this sentiment. See y'all Friday!

• Haha
  • Care
Dang, March 6th for the financial aid application. Does this mean Friday or Monday? :0

Attachments

• 27E53621-B973-404D-AD14-4DDF87E901D0.jpeg
    27E53621-B973-404D-AD14-4DDF87E901D0.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 225