2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Emory still releasing IIs?
The last interview date is Feb 27th and the remaining IIs to go out will probably be due to cancellations. So if anyone has an interview scheduled and wanted to cancel, please actually email them because that spot will go to someone else. At my interview they said someone just didn’t show up which took the opportunity away from someone else

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
This is also why I keep telling people to think about not accepting IIs unless they would want to go there, and not just collecting interviews, and also rescinding As to places they know they're not going to go once they get into a better school that's higher on their priority list. I got 6 IIs, but definitely didn't give all 6 interviews, not even close. I also got 4 acceptances, but am only holding 2 close competitors until I can make an informed decision. I don't know if it's fair to say this, but I feel like it is selfish to hold a spot if you already know you're not going to take it, to take interviews at schools you know you won't go to just for the sake of it, and especially to not let a school know you need to cancel an interview and instead doing a no show when somebody else would've gotten that spot. You are actively affecting other people's chances. This process is hard enough as it is, and I just feel like people can and should think a little bit more about their decisions and the potential consequences for others beyond themselves. I'm not at all saying you should be disadvantaging yourself to do somebody else a favor. However, if you're just hoarding IIs and As, you're just disadvantaging others with no cost or benefit to yourself and that's selfishness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users
This is also why I keep telling people to think about not accepting IIs unless they would want to go there, and not just collecting interviews, and also rescinding As to places they know they're not going to go once they get into a better school that's higher on their priority list. I got 6 IIs, but definitely didn't give all 6 interviews, not even close. I also got 4 acceptances, but am only holding 2 close competitors until I can make an informed decision. I don't know if it's fair to say this, but I feel like it is selfish to hold a spot if you already know you're not going to take it, to take interviews at schools you know you won't go to just for the sake of it, and especially to not let a school know you need to cancel an interview and instead doing a no show when somebody else would've gotten that spot. You are actively affecting other people's chances. This process is hard enough as it is, and I just feel like people can and should think a little bit more about their decisions and the potential consequences for others beyond themselves.

Yeah, I understand holding on to multiple A's until the last minute b/c you never know how circumstances could change, scholarships, etc etc.

But when someone's bio reads II = 17, A = 14. I'm like... cmon now, this is just a game for you. Some of us are struggling to get 1 A :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I understand holding on to multiple A's until the last minute b/c you never know how circumstances could change, scholarships, etc etc.

But when someone's bio reads II = 17, A = 14. I'm like... cmon now, this is just a game for you. Some of us are struggling to get 1 A :lol:
Exactly! And that 1 A that could literally change somebody's life could come from somebody being responsible and self-aware enough to rescind an A or II that they know they don't need/want!

Reactions: 3 users
Exactly! And that 1 A that could literally change somebody's life could come from somebody being responsible and self-aware enough to rescind an A or II that they know they don't need/want!

I guess the logic is that eventually, they will have to narrow down and matriculate to a single school. But I agree, could make the process easier for a ton of people.

A single person with 10 A's (which I have seen before, even though that concept is so bizarre to me) narrowing down to their top 5 and withdrawing the other 5 can change the lives of 5 other people, probably more.

• Care
The last interview date is Feb 27th and the remaining IIs to go out will probably be due to cancellations. So if anyone has an interview scheduled and wanted to cancel, please actually email them because that spot will go to someone else. At my interview they said someone just didn’t show up which took the opportunity away from someone else
That's so inconsiderate of some people, to have the privilege to get an II at Emory only to not show up and not allow that interview spot to go to another person that could have earned that interview spot.

Reactions: 7 users
That's so inconsiderate of some people, to have the privilege to get an II at Emory only to not show up and not allow that interview spot to go to another person that could have earned that interview spot.
Respectfully, I am willing to do unholy things for an II from Emory at this point🙏

Any accepted students have some general advice for the interview day/unexpected things that came about?

Any accepted students have some general advice for the interview day/unexpected things that came about?
My interview was really short and it made me nervous bc I was one of the first people to come back to the waiting room after the interview. Thought that meant it went poorly. So don’t worry about length

Reactions: 1 users
My interview was really short and it made me nervous bc I was one of the first people to come back to the waiting room after the interview. Thought that meant it went poorly. So don’t worry about length
Same actually! My faculty interview ended maybe 5 mins early, and I was very nervous about it. Also, I really enjoyed the group interview. It was very nice to meet other applicants now that everything was virtual. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guessing no decisions until tuesday since Monday is president’s day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They said during my interview that they would be sending the acceptance letters on Monday but I doubt anyone will get it until Tuesday or Wednesday. I’m guessing they will drop the letters off on Monday but USPS won’t start sending them to their destinations until Tuesday so the closest people will start getting their letters on Wednesday, but the portal should update for accepted people on Wednesday as well

Last edited:
Same actually! My faculty interview ended maybe 5 mins early, and I was very nervous about it. Also, I really enjoyed the group interview. It was very nice to meet other applicants now that everything was virtual. Good luck!
Did you still get a chance to ask your faculty interviewer any questions?

Did you still get a chance to ask your faculty interviewer any questions?
Yes I did! But my interview was VERY conversational, so I asked questions throughout. I also had so many opportunities to ask questions to students and faculty questions throughout the process I had mainly questions about her path, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
IS and nothing on informed delivery for tomorrow 😭
My informed delivery doesn’t tell me what is being delivered for a given day until 7:30am that morning, as that’s when they typically scan everything before loading it on the truck so I wouldn’t be disappointed yet

Do portals update morning, afternoon or evenings for the A’s on the designated day. Don’t want to drive myself crazy tomorrow while at work by continuously checking. Thanks.

Do portals update morning, afternoon or evenings for the A’s on the designated day. Don’t want to drive myself crazy tomorrow while at work by continuously checking. Thanks.
I believe it is 12pm tomorrow. Has anyone seen anything on informed delivery?

Did anyone IS not get their letter until Thursday or later? My informed delivery updated for tomorrow and there’s no letter :( starting to lose hope.

Got the A in the mail today! I'm IS and interviewed 2/13

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone’s portal update? Mine doesn’t show anything. Feeling very devastated because I have very strong ties to Emory and my interview went great so idk what I did wrong.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user