2022-2023 Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome. Congrats! When was you portal updated?
I have no idea, I was just checking the mail intermittently for the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emory only sends out As until the end-- they let everyone know WL and R at end. so if you interviewed and haven't heard back on the next "release date" then you know what's comin :cryi:. FML I only went to Emory for undergrad and published at Emory but whatever, that group interview did me dirtyyyyyyy
I’m sure you did great! It’s just so competitive 🥴 does anyone know if it’s normal to get accepted a few months after interview

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sure you did great! It’s just so competitive 🥴 does anyone know if it’s normal to get accepted a few months after interview
I'm wondering the same thing. Are any of y'all aware of interviewees who were accepted two or more rounds of acceptances after their interviews? Are any of you neurotic enough to check old threads for that and report back?

I know several ppl who got in after a few months. You ain't out yet!

IS II today, complete early August. Current PhD student, BCPM 3.96, ogpa 3.90, MCAT 519

Reactions: 8 users
II today! Interviewing next week and haven’t been following this thread since I honestly thought this was a big reach for me- any words of advice?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Question for updaters , im planning on sbmitting an update tomorrow after first round of As and have heard they don't accept letters of intent. Does this mean I shouldn't put a sentence two after the update saying something about it being the best fit for me ... blah blah? I'm worried they wouldn't like it

Question for updaters , im planning on sbmitting an update tomorrow after first round of As and have heard they don't accept letters of intent. Does this mean I shouldn't put a sentence two after the update saying something about it being the best fit for me ... blah blah? I'm worried they wouldn't like it
I think talking about how the school is a good fit for you in your update letter is not the same as sending a letter of intent, which is a letter just to inform the school that you’ll 100% go there if accepted. Letters of intent are typically only sent after your interview too

Emory doesn't take letters of intent?

Anyone know if there will be an accepted student day or opportunity to visit the campus before commitment to enroll?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there will be an accepted student day or opportunity to visit the campus before commitment to enroll?
I reached out to them in November about this and this is what they told me

“To our knowledge, Second Look will be held remotely this spring. Please know that we’re busy building our Second Look website, which we hope to debut in early April!”

for anyone that has interviewed, about how long is the day? trying to figure out if I start at 7:15 what time I will be done

for anyone that has interviewed, about how long is the day? trying to figure out if I start at 7:15 what time I will be done
Depends on your timezone. I'm pretty sure I my interview day lasted about 6-7 hours and I'm on EST so I think I was done at about 3pm

Unfortunately Emory is known for waiting until the end of the cycle to send out Rs so not sure how much longer I should hope for an II from here:(

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II! :) complete...whenever their due date was lol.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I also got an II a few days ago! IS. Absolutely stoked as this is my top choice school. I would give anything for this A 🤞

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who interviewed in January, do you know about what time we could hear back tomorrow?

For anyone who interviewed in January, do you know about what time we could hear back tomorrow?
Emory sends out letters for A's! So I think it depends on how far away you live from Atlanta because it sounds like it is dependent on how fast UPS gets it to you.

If anyone from an interview month before Jan hears back in this Jan round of acceptances pls post on here bc I need that sliver of hope

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't see it this morn on my informed delivery, but could be a day late :)
I’m guessing they’ll trickle in over the next few days depending on where you are geographically and then they’ll update portals in a few days if you get the A

I can’t believe it but I got an A in the mail today 😭😭😭 literally checked my mail on a whim so happy :’) good luck to everyone else!!

Edit: interviewed end of jan

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I can’t believe it but I got an A in the mail today 😭😭😭 literally checked my mail on a whim so happy :’) good luck to everyone else!!

Congrats!!! Are you IS or OOS?? And if OOS, how far from GA?

How far do you live from Atlanta? Wondering how long I should keep my hopes up 😭

is there still a possibility to get an interview from Emory?

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!! Are you IS or OOS?? And if OOS, how far from GA?
I'm OOS like a 2hr flight away. Mail is super random though and I've had times where it literally took longer for something to arrive even if it's shipping from the same city.

I'm OOS like a 2hr flight away. Mail is super random though and I've had times where it literally took longer for something to arrive even if it's shipping from the same city.
Thanks for the response! Ya I’m holding onto that theory! My interview packet came late so maybe that’ll happen again lol