2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dont stress! Theres a screenshot in the forum above where the school states that a hold is not a rejection, and that you can still definitely get an II from them.
Holds at Drexel are usually soft R’s unfortunately

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Drexel, what are you doing lol. I need this II. Constantly checking my portal every minute cuz I see other schools sending out a lot of II today. I have 2 so far, but Drexel is one of my top choices.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm confused about the second essay prompt that asks:

"What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application:"

Does that mean whatever we write about has to have occurred in the last year? Or can it truly be anything else that has not been addressed in our application?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm confused about the second essay prompt that asks:

"What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application:"

Does that mean whatever we write about has to have occurred in the last year? Or can it truly be anything else that has not been addressed in our application?
So the main question was basically "is there anything else you want us to know" and I used it to highlight some things that I wanted them to notice that may have been overshadowed in my primary app. Idk if I understood the prompt correctly...does anyone have an insight/input on how they answered this one?

Did anyone else just get an email about their virtual open house? Is this good news, or does everyone get this email?

That's peculiar. I didn't get that email
I noticed when med schools, not just drexel, send out mass emails, they don't actually send it to everyone for whatever reason. I'd assume it's because there are too many applicants to handle?

Reactions: 3 users
I noticed when med schools, not just drexel, send out mass emails, they don't actually send it to everyone for whatever reason. I'd assume it's because there are too many applicants to handle?
Hopefully it is not for a bad reason. I haven't heard anything from them since I had submitted the secondary and I haven't gotten an email from them saying that my application is on hold. At this point it's just speculation.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully it is not for a bad reason. I haven't heard anything from them since I had submitted the secondary and I haven't gotten an email from them saying that my application is on hold. At this point it's just speculation.
I know this process makes us neurotic, but from my past application cycle, this is not something to worry about :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw someone from reddit submit on 7/5, same day as me. They got placed on hold, but I haven't heard anything 😩

Just saw someone from reddit submit on 7/5, same day as me. They got placed on hold, but I haven't heard anything 😩
No news is probably good news since they seem to only be giving out holds at this point in the cycle ! :D

Is it looked down upon to combine essays like challenge, diversity, and gap year for open-ended prompts like #2? Ends up being ~600 words but I feel like it may be clear I'm just reusing essays

Is it looked down upon to combine essays like challenge, diversity, and gap year for open-ended prompts like #2? Ends up being ~600 words but I feel like it may be clear I'm just reusing essays
It would be mixed around and could be interpreted as trying to fill up word count or add fluff. It is always important to use those spaces to really mention something deeply meaningful regardless of word count. If during your gap year you experienced all those things then make it flow. But if you just combine things it just makes readers double think after skimming to see if it isn't fluff. They don't have time to read thousands of essays so they skim them to see consistency or an answer to the question.

Did anyone else just get an email about their virtual open house? Is this good news, or does everyone get this email?
They might be sending it in waves, I just got one today.

I just looked it up from past cycles, and no news is good news. In the past, those that was placed on hold never heard back from Drexel. Also Drexel usually interviews about 1200 OOS compared to 500 IS.

Reactions: 6 users
I just looked it up from past cycles, and no news is good news. In the past, those that was placed on hold never heard back from Drexel. Also Drexel usually interviews about 1200 OOS compared to 500 IS.
Awkward Ed Helms GIF

everyone with a hold reading this (me)

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
From last years thread, they started sending II on August 16th. Those whose application was on complete without no holds received interviews.

Hold received yesterday, submitted 7/12 :cryi:

• Care
so are they going over apps/ sending out holds in chronological order?

so are they going over apps/ sending out holds in chronological order?
Based off this thread it seems like not because people have received holds who submitted before others on hold unless the complete dates are different because of test results and etc. Im holding hope as someone who submitted 7/11 and not heard anything :,)

Did people with holds get the open house email because that be tragic

Is it worth going to open house? Does it have any bearing on perceived interest?

so does an invitation to the open house imply an interview invite?

so does an invitation to the open house imply an interview invite?
If only it works like that lol. It's supposed to be a mass email to students who still haven't heard back or likely to everyone but coming out in batches. Although one of the open house dates is already approaching, I guess all of them cover similar things.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
If only it works like that lol. It's supposed to be a mass email to students who still haven't heard back or likely to everyone but coming out in batches. Although one of the open house dates is already approaching, I guess all of them cover similar things.
so it does not then?

so it does not then?
No, it is a pretty big thing if that was the case. It does open doors for students if they attend and make themselves known. Who knows, maybe that one person you interact with could be on the adcoms.

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted 7/18 and have not received a hold nor the open house email so I have to think it’s coming in batches

Edit - Open House email received today (08/08)

Last edited:
Placed on hold, LM 70. Complete 7/17

Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Care
has Drexel always been this active with sending out Holds this early? :oops:

Just got the open house email, no hold, complete 7/12. It scared me lol!

All 350 of us trying to cop that II at this info session huh :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users