2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary received!

1. If you are a recent graduate, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation. If you have not yet graduated, please discuss your current activities and engagements. We understand that it may have been difficult to obtain clinical or volunteer service experiences during the pandemic; therefore, be sure to discuss any traditional and /or nontraditional clinical exposures and volunteering experiences that you have done during this time. (no limit)

2. What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Are there any challenges over the last year that impacted your medical or non-medical service experiences? You can use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application, including new experiences not in your AMCAS application: (1000wds)
Could you re-confirm that the second essay is 1000 words? Last year it was 500 words. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a nontrad and given the story of my life since graduation is actually pretty lengthy, I was considering putting a covid impacts essay as my "anything else you should know" but that makes me a little nervous given the fact covid is mentioned in the first prompt. Does anyone know if going off prompt like that is likely to be punished or do adcoms really care?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, i just submitted the secondary. It says on the application portal that they require a CASPER test date of May 2022 or before. I am confused. I took my test on July 7th, and it'll be sent to them pretty soon I hope, but the May 2022 test date and before is not smth that will make or break my application right?

Hi all, i just submitted the secondary. It says on the application portal that they require a CASPER test date of May 2022 or before. I am confused. I took my test on July 7th, and it'll be sent to them pretty soon I hope, but the May 2022 test date and before is not smth that will make or break my application right?
I interpreted "CASPER test from May 2022 forward" as closer to the present time, so I think you're good! Weird wording for sure

Reactions: 1 user
Where do you see that you’re on hold?
I got an email stating this:

Thank you for applying to Drexel University College of Medicine. After reviewing your materials, the Admissions Committee has elected to hold your application. Should the Committee select you for an interview, you will receive the interview invitation via email. You may also check the status page on our website for applicants for updates.

I suppose silence is a good thing - many people have stated that holds here are often soft-Rs. :(

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email stating this:

Thank you for applying to Drexel University College of Medicine. After reviewing your materials, the Admissions Committee has elected to hold your application. Should the Committee select you for an interview, you will receive the interview invitation via email. You may also check the status page on our website for applicants for updates.

I suppose silence is a good thing - many people have stated that holds here are often soft-Rs. :(
stats?

Also just got placed on hold...didn't think the bad news would start this early in the cycle

• Care
Has anyone else been waiting over 2 weeks for a secondary fee waiver from them?

@nervous_premed noo...looking at my docs, I think it was already waived when I logged in for the first time after receiving the secondary (6/30). I have FAP, and on most of my apps it's been pulled over directly from AMCAS.

OOS Secondary received and submitted 7/20

For the MD/PhD portion- do they really just want us to LIST faculty or do they want us to write about each faculty and their work?

For the MD/PhD portion- do they really just want us to LIST faculty or do they want us to write about each faculty and their work?
I'm writing a few sentences about why I might be a good fit for their labs / why I am interested in their research. Not sure if it's necessary but I think it will help! There doesn't seem to be a character limit, so there is space to elaborate

my app is on (academic) hold due to my pending mcat which will be coming in soon. Just a heads up for people who have been placed on hold and have pending materials. According to a current student a hold is not necessarily an R- they pool apps constantly so dont stress out!

Reactions: 1 users
my app is on (academic) hold due to my pending mcat which will be coming in soon. Just a heads up for people who have been placed on hold and have pending materials. According to a current student a hold is not necessarily an R- they pool apps constantly so dont stress out!
i am on hold as well, however all my materials have been received according to the "status page". Did they specifically say you are on hold because of your MCAT in the email they sent?

Ugh I am almost done with this app (Been working on it forever). The darn first essay for me is so long as I am a non-trad who graduated 8 years ago and has had a lot happen/done in the mean time so I got like 15,000 chars done for this stupid essay!

i am on hold as well, however all my materials have been received according to the "status page". Did they specifically say you are on hold because of your MCAT in the email they sent?
How do you know that you're on hold? Under status I just have "your application is ready" submitted on 7/10.

I’ve been marked complete since 7/13 but never received the put on hold email. Do you know if this school ghosts?
Drexel notoriously ghosts people, but you shouldn't worry about that this early in the cycle yet

I’ve been marked complete since 7/13 but never received the put on hold email. Do you know if this school ghosts?
Like sosmedicine said, drexel is known to ghost. But it hasn’t been 2 weeks since they received your secondary, so they probably didn’t even get to yours yet!

Like sosmedicine said, drexel is known to ghost. But it hasn’t been 2 weeks since they received your secondary, so they probably didn’t even get to yours yet!

Wouldn’t it be a good thing to not have a hold, as that’s usually a soft R?

Yea I agree. Hold at drexel is a soft R (usually), so silence is better especially in the early stage of the cycle
Yeah, some schools actually use this holding system to say that you may or may not be good now but we will keep you in mind for later. No hold in these schools could also mean that they already have you set for an anticipated date based on their scoring of you for future interviews.

Now don't quote me on that since I just theorized that, lol. But this sounds about the way schools go about II

Reactions: 2 users
ahh thank you! I thought it may have started rolling around since people were talking about getting ghosted
Just to clarify, I don’t think anyone is getting ghosted in July 😂😂😂!!! We are all neurotic but I wouldn’t say ghosted til like december. But i did get ghosted last time I applied 😅

Hold received today.

Low 51x mcat and High 3.6x GPA

ORM OOS

• Care