2022-2023 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i haven’t received a II yet but haven’t gotten a pre II R, is there still hope?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an acceptance today?
This thread has been strangely quiet for the past month… I haven’t heard of an A given out since Early November. Did the admissions stop giving out acceptances? Seems strange since last year it seems like they had waves of As steadily coming out every other weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
A today! OOS. Got the email at 9am this morning.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
This thread has been strangely quiet for the past month… I haven’t heard of an A given out since Early November. Did the admissions stop giving out acceptances? Seems strange since last year it seems like they had waves of As steadily coming out every other weeks.

They’re definitely not done giving out As. I think for whatever reason they got behind. I interviewed this past week and they said the committee won’t even look at our apps until mid Jan, and the absolute earliest we could find out is late Jan

Does anyone know if the admissions committee are off for this week and next week?

Members don't see this ad :)
What? Im saying they are working this week and they are off in between christmas and New Years. That has nothing to do with last Friday lol.
Oh lol 😂 at first glance I thought you were talking about on or off weeks in regards to admissions decisions

II just now, complete mid august, OOS, super non-trad, only day available was Jan 12, but I didnt look beyond jan

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else completed in mid July and still heard nothing? Just reject me please

Reactions: 12 users
OOS II today :)
Complete mid-August and there was only one date available in late January.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II received this morning around 8am. Complete 8/30th-ish, LM 74.

Available dates were 01/5, 1/19, and 1/26 when I scheduled.

Really unexpected as I have only had one other MD II and what I think is a subpar application compared to all of you lol. Really really hoping for a miracle

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
+1 for II as of 1/4. Only saw 1/26 for interview dates. Complete 8/16. 510/3.6. OOS, maybe non-traditional? I dunno, I’m a white guy in my mid 20s.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the acceptance rate for interviewed students?

Have people who interviewed mid-November heard back yet? Haven't heard back yet and thinking this might mean WL/R :(

According to the spreadsheet it's around 58% for IS and 38% for OOS.

Could this be accurate? They say they interview about 10% of applicants and around 700-800 but only have ~100 matriculants…so this just seems crazy high to me. Would I be happy if it were true? Absolutely

Could this be accurate? They say they interview about 10% of applicants and around 700-800 but only have ~100 matriculants…so this just seems crazy high to me. Would I be happy if it were true? Absolutely

I'm thinking the same thing, but it is important to remember that matriculation is different than acceptance. I'm sure that the accepted percentage is significantly higher than the matriculated, and I'm sure that applicants that get in here are also accepted at other big-name schools that they may choose over Geisel.

I doubt the acceptance rate is 40%, but it is for sure higher than the ~12% matriculation rate...

Reactions: 1 users
I'm thinking the same thing, but it is important to remember that matriculation is different than acceptance. I'm sure that the accepted percentage is significantly higher than the matriculated, and I'm sure that applicants that get in here are also accepted at other big-name schools that they may choose over Geisel.

I doubt the acceptance rate is 40%, but it is for sure higher than the ~12% matriculation rate...

Great insight!!

Yea if any recent Geisel As could tell us when they interview, it would help get a frame of reference of what apps are currently being discussed by the adcoms.

They also said we should expect early Dec interviewees to also be able to get Rs and WLs, alongside with previous interviewees (whereas right now if you hear from them, it’s only because of an A)

Reactions: 5 users
Any mid-Sept interviewees still waiting? At this point I'm anticipating R/hopefully WL, but I think I remember them saying that most decisions will be released after Jan. Does anyone remember something similar or am I tricking myself? 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Any December interviewers thinking of sending an update?

Another Friday, another week of silence :cryi:.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the A email! Interviewed 12/1! Patience everyone, your time will come too!! <3

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users