2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I interviewed in October and have not heard anything back since, this is definitely my top choice of the schools I interviewed at and I feel like it would be a great fit so I'm planning on sending in a LOI soon. It seems like a good amount of A's have already been sent out, but I feel like during my interview day they had mentioned that a lot of decisions would go out in April. Do other people remember hearing this or am I misremembering? Anyone have any information from previous cycles?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I interviewed in October and have not heard anything back since, this is definitely my top choice of the schools I interviewed at and I feel like it would be a great fit so I'm planning on sending in a LOI soon. It seems like a good amount of A's have already been sent out, but I feel like during my interview day they had mentioned that a lot of decisions would go out in April. Do other people remember hearing this or am I misremembering? Anyone have any information from previous cycles?
Theres still only 130 students in the FB group. Thats about half as many as they accept in total

For those that interviewed in like…..September, I think…? When do we get the post II decisions if we weren’t part of the first grouping?
During my interview they said that folks who don't hear within 3 weeks might have to wait til April, unfortunately. Could still be an A though! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone looked back at previous years to see when April decisions are typically released?

interviewed jan and got the post-II R lol

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything today? Seems like I'll be waiting until April :confused:

Waitlist. Interviewed like Late September?

Anyone know what their waitlist movement looks like?

Just got waitlisted, interviewed in September but I'll be withdrawing :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted and withdrew. Good luck!

• Care
Just got waitlisted. Interviewed early December. Crossing of fingers begins (well continues) now!!!

Waitlisted too... really disappointing since this was my top choice :cryi: Fingers crossed for waitlist movement...

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students comment on how WL movement was last year? I only see one person that reported an A off the WL on the 2020-2021 thread, but I hope there were more that didn't get posted on SDN! Any insight would be helpful. :)

Reactions: 3 users
WL, historically doesn't seem like a school with much movement, but if someone has info thats to the contrary would love to hear it

wow congrats! 1 week turn around 😮 is there anything special you did afterward?
One of my interviewers and I chatted about books we liked and were reading and he offered to share a book list with me so I took him up on it via email along with a thank you. Emailed a general thank you to my other interviewer as well. Nothing special I don't think! I do think both interviews went well though. I'm also a non-trad and they seemed to appreciate my app.

Withdrawing my acceptance, hoping one of y’all gets good news earlier than expected!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
can any current students lurking here or others elaborating on their perspectives regarding the cheating scandal??

can any current students lurking here or others elaborating on their perspectives regarding the cheating scandal??
Feel free to PM. A full explanation from me would probably be too identifying to openly post on the forum.

Could you please find a way to modify the information so it's not too identifying. I think this is something extremely important and needs to be shared with everyone especially pre-med applicants
I don't think there's any need to harangue current students about this.
Here's the NY Times article #1,102
and you can also search an online publication called Inside Higher Ed.
Take Home Lesson - turn off all your other electronic toys, phones, and close all other browser tabs when taking an online test.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think there's any need to harangue current students about this.
Here's the NY Times article #1,102
and you can also search an online publication called Inside Higher Ed.
Take Home Lesson - turn off all your other electronic toys, phones, and close all other browser tabs when taking an online test.
Agreed with this! And here's the link to the letter the students wrote. I found it on last year's thread.

So the take home lesson you get out of this is that it is the students fault for being normal 21st century individuals and not that there was a malicious admin paired with an incompetent IT department…..?

I agree that there doesn’t really need to be any more clarification. The letter from the students and recent articles all speak for themselves. But I think this is not a good takeaway….

So the take home lesson you get out of this is that it is the students fault for being normal 21st century individuals and not that there was a malicious admin paired with an incompetent IT department…..?

I agree that there doesn’t really need to be any more clarification. The letter from the students and recent articles all speak for themselves. But I think this is not a good takeaway….
It's my takeaway, reject it if you wish. I am not faulting any students and I don't know if anyone was in fact cheating.

The conclusions of reports I have seen do include that the Canvas tool refreshes itself in the background even if students are not actually using it, and that the Canvas tool was never intended to be a device to monitor for cheating.

Last edited:
Could you please find a way to modify the information so it's not too identifying. I think this is something extremely important and needs to be shared with everyone especially pre-med applicants
I am not a part of the class of 2024, but I have personally had both instances where I’ve needed to go to admin with my own concerns, as well as situations where admin have come to me with concerns they had about me. I really do feel they handled it as well as they could’ve for the given situations. However, my experience was not the same as many of the students in the NYT article, as I’m sure they would have very different sentiments regarding admin encounters (any lurkers feel free to correct/share your thoughts).

I am honestly very happy here and would choose this place again, as the mentors and friends have been an incredible aspect of my time here. However, I also do not want to downplay the gravity of what happened and make it seem like other voices and different opinions are incorrect or lesser than mine because we’ve shared different experiences. Right now admin are definitely at a point where they are down very bad and I think they realize they will be constantly under rapid fire scrutiny for a while.

Lastly- I’d really like to just encourage all to take the above (my own) opinions with a grain of salt, as well as any other opinions you’ve heard/read, and just remember that they are experiences of one person and they do not fit the experience of every student at the school. I apologize for not being able to speak more directly about all that has happened, but because I am not very close with the class of 2024, I do not want to speculate on how they’re feeling today.

If you want more details please feel free to PM me, I’m working through my inbox currently (sorry for those I haven’t gotten to yet).

*For those of you questioning my request to remain anonymous… I wanted to say that the reason is mostly just to keep anyone in my class from giving me **** if they see I’m still very active/lurking around on sdn lol. I wouldn’t mind if the admin saw anything I have/will write, as most of these opinions/feedback I’ve already shared with them.

P.S. For those of you who have been accepted, I believe a couple of the “admin” on the accepted students Facebook page are current members of the class of 2024 and I would bet/hope that they’d be willing to share more specifics if you reach out.

Last edited:
Received an A today at 12:30pm EST!! Interviewed 3/10 -- was not expecting it all because they said that we likely wouldn't hear back until April, I'm so shook and grateful wow

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
A around 10:30AM mountain time :) Interviewed 2/24. Feeling very excited about this one!

Waitlisted :/ Interviewed early March. I thought they don't meet until Thursday so I am very surprised and wondering what happened sigh

• Care
  • Hmm
Waitlisted :/ Interviewed early March. I thought they don't meet until Thursday so I am very surprised and wondering what happened sigh
Im so sorry to hear, and wish you the best of luck!! I thought the adcom meets on fridays??

• Care
Im so sorry to hear, and wish you the best of luck!! I thought the adcom meets on fridays??
Thank you so much, I appreciate it. Oh I thought it was Thursday and then they send decisions the next day on Friday but not 100%

Also waitlisted today interviewed 2/24

• Care