2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know exactly what they look for? I’ve seen tons of people rejected with stats well above Geisel’s medians
Just my two cents. Geisel is pretty cognizant of how its location/educational environment sets it apart from other schools. The reality is that most high stat traditional applicants who aren't familiar with the upper valley probably wouldn't choose to go to Dartmouth over a top-ranked school in a city. Instead, they're notorious for accepting a lot of non-trads with life experiences that set them apart. Also, let's keep in perspective that 516/3.77/3.73 medians are still quite high. Common themes I've found among Geisel students: found personal success in their personal interests beyond medicine/academics, very open to new experiences as demonstrated by what they've pursued in life, like the outdoors in some capacity, generally super friendly, yet have still been able to check all the right boxes of research/stats/ECs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Got the A a couple hours ago !! Honestly this is a dream come true, as it's my first A, and Dartmouth was my #1 :'). Best of luck to everyone in the cycle!

Interviewed: 1/6, LM: 74, "non trad" (2 years out of college), shoe size: 12

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got an R from MSTP and asked to review for MD. I see some people are still receiving IIs - do we know how late they send out IIs?

Reactions: 1 user
How helpful was the pre interview questions session? Just wondering if I’ll really be missing out. I would love to go just can’t take off work easily twice in a week

How helpful was the pre interview questions session? Just wondering if I’ll really be missing out. I would love to go just can’t take off work easily twice in a week
I thought it was pretty helpful since I didn't know much about living in NH/going to school in a rural area and the students were super honest and open about what they like and don't like!

These guys have not done any post-II WL or R's right? I have had silence since my October interview. Submitted an update letter on December 10th, looking at submitting a combined update letter/letter of interest. Wondering how responsive they are to that and/or what my chances are at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A this morning!! Interviewed mid/late-Jan

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do you guys think people complete late September/early October have a shot? I’ve only seen one October II and a handful of early September ones, and I’m starting to think they might not get to the later apps seeing as interview season is just about over at this point

Do you guys think people complete late September/early October have a shot? I’ve only seen one October II and a handful of early September ones, and I’m starting to think they might not get to the later apps seeing as interview season is just about over at this point
I think it’s pretty safe to say that they’ve read all of the apps by now. I don’t think any school reviews apps in a strictly chronological order.

Interviewed mid September and haven't heard back. Anyone else in the same boat and know when we should be expecting to hear back? Thanks.

Interviewed mid September and haven't heard back. Anyone else in the same boat and know when we should be expecting to hear back? Thanks.
Same boat, told we would hear back “now through April” at the interview day. I think if you don’t make the first cut they put you in either an R or WL pile then revisit later

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Same boat, told we would hear back “now through April” at the interview day. I think if you don’t make the first cute they put you in either an R or WL pile then revisit later
Thanks for the info. Congrats on the A's and best of luck!

Post-interview R just now. Interviewed 1/13.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Post-interview R just now. Interviewed 1/13.
Dang, sorry to hear. At least you got a faster turnaround time than most of us have. Have there been other post Interview and Rejections reported?

Did anyone accepted get a confirmation email from the financial aid office after submitting FAFSA and CSS Profile + all 2020 tax docs?

Did anyone accepted get a confirmation email from the financial aid office after submitting FAFSA and CSS Profile + all 2020 tax docs?
only when my docs didn't work and then they told me I was all set once I fixed it!

Are many of you still waiting for a decision? While I know it’s unlikely, this wait is driving me crazy!

Reactions: 4 users
Are many of you still waiting for a decision? While I know it’s unlikely, this wait is driving me crazy!
I'm waiting for a decision after an interview on 12/2. I get excited each Friday, but know it might still be quite a while before I hear back :(

Holy crap! I just got an interview invitation! Complete like late august and haven’t heard a peep since. Sent an update maybe a month ago. So stoked!

Reactions: 4 users
Holy crap! I just got an interview invitation! Complete like late august and haven’t heard a peep since. Sent an update maybe a month ago. So stoked!
Same! Wasn't expecting one so late

There's only ~120 members so far in the Admitted FB Group, so they will continue interviewing through March it seems

Does anyone have any updated information about when decisions will be released for those of us still awaiting post-interview results?

Reactions: 2 users
I am a current student and would be happy to answer any questions for ppl who can’t make it to the pre-interview sessions. Just pm me :)

Does Geisel match financial aid?
I do not believe so! At least that was the case my year. Would encourage you to reach out to our FA team tho, they are the best and very responsive, in my experience.

Last edited:
@j_girl hi! I was wondering if you know if interviews are over. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if they have started to reject applicants from early (september) interviews?

Can anyone confirm if one interview is closed file and one interview is open file? I've seen outside sources say this but can't find anything that Dartmouth says themselves. Will they let us know on interview day?

Can anyone confirm if one interview is closed file and one interview is open file? I've seen outside sources say this but can't find anything that Dartmouth says themselves. Will they let us know on interview day?
That is how mine were.