2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This Creighton Med Admissions Committe procedure and applicant review criteria is hard to find, but invaluable as you tailor your application and interview to create awareness to your strengths in those areas: https://www.creighton.edu/sites/def...of Medicine (CUSOM) Medical Education Program.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
1661448465235.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Felonies & MisD are not used for screening?!
Good for the school, allows someone to judge the situation with their eyes rather than sending an application to the shredder.

Felonies & MisD are not used for screening?!
The link is more detailed and speaks to the "holistic" review process. There is a background check to ensure the applicant was forthcoming in their disclosures. The adcom will evaluate the impact of any criminal activity on the character of the applicant and ability to practice medicine.

About 30 minutes till my faculty interview. I'll give y'all some updates about what to expect and if they go off of a list for questions!

Reactions: 3 users
About 30 minutes till my faculty interview. I'll give y'all some updates about what to expect and if they go off of a list for questions!
You're doing god's work, soldier.

• Love
also remind them how they forgot to send me an II!

• Haha
  • Wow
My faculty interview went great! The interviewer really read my secondary and primary. Regarding the questions:
How have your experiences contributed to your understanding of the suffering that physicians undergo everyday? How have your experiences shown you that you are meant for medicine?
How did the death of that child in the ER effect your decision to continue medicine? What about the AIDS patient you cared for?
What T.V. show character would you liken yourself to, and why? Which Jesuit Value do you connect with? I really like your full course lecture videos, but what made you want to make them in the first place?
How can you contribute to Creighton's diversity, and what does diversity mean to you?
Tell me about your experiences working with Allied Health Professionals, such as PA's and NP's. What have you learned from them?
And then we spent the next 15 minutes speaking about ramen and fun things to do in Arizona and Omaha. The whole questioning lasted 15 minutes, was conversational, and felt really low risk. It felt like I was talking to a friend who was interested in my life.
Def don't stress over the interview.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
For the student interviewer: super laid back and had formal questions.
Why medicine? Why did you apply to Creighton? What is a major issue in the US Healthcare that you think needs to be addressed? What is diversity and how do you think Creighton will benefit from it? If you could be a vegetable, what would you be and why? What do you think is an issue that physicians deal with and how are you prepared to deal with it?
"Thanks for speaking with me, MCAThiccy! Do you have any questions for me?" And then we talked about food and their social life outside of school.
Creighton is definitely more focused on providing social support to their students through spending personal time with the students. Some professors will take the students to a restaurant for drinks and food and to talk about their class. How can that professor improve the class for current and future students. If you want research, all you gotta do is ask, and professors will help you out. If they see that you are suffocating in your studies, professors will pull you aside (like if you were sleeping in class) and ask what are they ways they can personally help you to feel comfortable.
For me, Creighton seem like the school for the student who isn't a gunner and who doesn't emphasize the generation of research. They seem to value and draw in applicants who care about the human aspect of their patient.
Creighton really moved up in my personal rankings today! <3

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For the student interviewer: super laid back and had formal questions.
Why medicine? Why did you apply to Creighton? What is a major issue in the US Healthcare that you think needs to be addressed? What is diversity and how do you think Creighton will benefit from it? If you could be a vegetable, what would you be and why? What do you think is an issue that physicians deal with and how are you prepared to deal with it?
"Thanks for speaking with me, MCAThiccy! Do you have any questions for me?" And then we talked about food and their social life outside of school.
Creighton is definitely more focused on providing social support to their students through spending personal time with the students. Some professors will take the students to a restaurant for drinks and food and to talk about their class. How can that professor improve the class for current and future students. If you want research, all you gotta do is ask, and professors will help you out. If they see that you are suffocating in your studies, professors will pull you aside (like if you were sleeping in class) and ask what are they ways they can personally help you to feel comfortable.
For me, Creighton seem like the school for the student who isn't a gunner and who doesn't emphasize the generation of research. They seem to value and draw in applicants who care about the human aspect of their patient.
Creighton really moved up in my personal rankings today! <3
Trying to scan the room for you rn 👀👀 I know you're here somewhere :p

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
The stats for Creighton last year:

6388 Verified Apps
4241 Secondaries Completed
842 IIs
230 total MD Matriculants (130 Omaha, 100 Phoenix, but they said they have 120 Phoenix slots this year)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Creighton emphasizes that they are an update friendly school. Send them all your updates and they'll look at it favorably. When waitlisted, they will meet with you for free and workshop your application using direct notes written by the committee. They admit students based on mission fit and moderately on stats.

The stats for Creighton last year:

6388 Verified Apps
4241 Secondaries Completed
842 IIs
230 total MD Matriculants (130 Omaha, 100 Phoenix, but they said they have 120 Phoenix slots this year)
Insane how many people didn't complete their Secondaries (or weren't given one). Makes me slightly more optimistic about an II compared to MSAR data

Creighton emphasizes that they are an update friendly school. Send them all your updates and they'll look at it favorably. When waitlisted, they will meet with you for free and workshop your application using direct notes written by the committee. They admit students based on mission fit and moderately on stats.
Creighton weighs stats pretty heavy. About 20% of matriculants are Creighton alum some of those are under the average mcat of 513 which is pretty competitive. Thus forbade non Creighton alum the higher the stats the better as the average stats in the class are competitive.

II OOS, LizzyM mid 70's, ORM
Complete ~8/20
Happy:)

OOS II just now 9/20. LM 74 complete 7/12, all virtual this year!

Should I update Creighton even before I receive an II? I have worked in a research lab at MIT for a while, but have not yet published. However, I think it would be cool to let them know?

I’d do it
52 Applications, WOW you were not messing around! Not sure where you did your undergrad or the rigor of the institution, but a 3.95 GPA is commendable. The 512 MCAT which is about average for most schools. However, being from an Under-Represented Demographic with those stats you will get a ton of II's as schools seek to diversify their pool with bright students. No research may hurt your scoring and stack ranking, but not disqualifying. Research helps teach and reinforce the scientific method. I think with your stats and demographics, if the other aspects of your application are strong, you will get a few A's while most candidates are ecstatic to even get one. If you are from Texas, certain to get A's. Best of luck in your journey!

52 Applications, WOW you were not messing around! Not sure where you did your undergrad or the rigor of the institution, but a 3.95 GPA is commendable. The 512 MCAT which is about average for most schools. However, being from an Under-Represented Demographic with those stats you will get a ton of II's as schools seek to diversify their pool with bright students. No research may hurt your scoring and stack ranking, but not disqualifying. Research helps teach and reinforce the scientific method. I think with your stats and demographics, if the other aspects of your application are strong, you will get a few A's while most candidates are ecstatic to even get one. If you are from Texas, certain to get A's. Best of luck in your journey!
Thanks man :)

Im working on the secondary for CUSOM rn. How did you all write the non clinical volunteer activity descriptions? Was it more story like? (can be a challenge with 300 characters only lmao) or was it more simply stating your roles?
Yeah I didn't think 300 was enough for a story. I just did role, and then a brief sentence on what I learned/why it was important to me

Im working on the secondary for CUSOM rn. How did you all write the non clinical volunteer activity descriptions? Was it more story like? (can be a challenge with 300 characters only lmao) or was it more simply stating your roles?
I simply stated my role, duties, and impact. A 300-character limit is pretty tough to put anything substantial.

II this morning! Complete 9/13. I’ve interviewed with their school before so I’m glad I can again!

• Love
II also this morning! Complete 9/13 as well. My very first one, so so beyond happy! :')

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know what their interviewed vs accepted numbers are?

Reactions: 1 users
for anyone who's interviewed already, are the interview times in the current central time (CDT) or CST (which starts in like a month)?

When you interview, are you interviewing for only 1 location?
You assign your preference for the Omaha or the Arizona campus before the II invite. Then you interview for the school. If you have a preference for the Arizona but the area is filled, then you'll be accepted into the Omaha location (you can ask for the Arizona location again and if a student withdraws from the location, you'll be placed into it).
To answer your question: you're interviewing for the location you placed before hand. Also, the interviewers are blind to your location preference.
Source: I'm MCAThiccy; I know things.

Reactions: 2 users
You assign your preference for the Omaha or the Arizona campus before the II invite. Then you interview for the school. If you have a preference for the Arizona but the area is filled, then you'll be accepted into the Omaha location (you can ask for the Arizona location again and if a student withdraws from the location, you'll be placed into it).
To answer your question: you're interviewing for the location you placed before hand. Also, the interviewers are blind to your location preference.
Thanks!

I thought that the interviewers knew my preference considering it was an open-file interview. We talked a lot about the location actually during my interview.

I thought that the interviewers knew my preference considering it was an open-file interview. We talked a lot about the location actually during my interview.
Post interview (when we get school info), they told us that interviewers are blind to location preference. My interviewer was located in Arizona and told me that I’d like the food and night life of Arizona when I matriculate (I preference Omaha).

Reactions: 1 users
Post interview (when we get school info), they told us that interviewers are blind to location preference. My interviewer was located in Arizona and told me that I’d like the food and night life of Arizona when I matriculate (I preference Omaha).
Dang these interviewers sound cool AF. I’m so excited for my upcoming interview now 😂

• Care
Not to sound awfully neurotic, but does anyone know when results were announced last year? The post-interview information session said the first day results will be released is 10/15 and I was just wondering if anyone knew at around what time? I just don’t want to be repeatedly checking and nail biting all day 😫😫

• Care
Not to sound awfully neurotic, but does anyone know when results were announced last year? The post-interview information session said the first day results will be released is 10/15 and I was just wondering if anyone knew at around what time? I just don’t want to be repeatedly checking and nail biting all day 😫😫
It better be at midnight in the next few hours 😡