2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
uhm, they didn't even bother to email me. soooooooooo :')....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you RFU for beginning your Open House email with "You're Invited" amidst the height of the application cycle

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t apply here and also had a jump in heart rate

Reactions: 1 users
lmao got an email for their master program. AAMC please stop selling my personal date

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I got an email for an Open House. Was so excited for a split second.

Reactions: 2 users
II received today, first one of the cycle so excited!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats! did you receive the Open House email which is In person? If so are you planning to attend?
I think I'm going to ask during my interview if it would be worth going to or if the info learned there is just a repeat of what they will tell us during our interview, but probably leaning more towards going rather than not just in case.

Members don't see this ad :)
II :) first Illinois school! complete 8/17

II :) first Illinois school! complete 8/17
Congrats! Seems started for IS. what was the status you had in portal before II, for me, it's still as received when I called them they said my application is completed.

Congrats! Seems started for IS. what was the status you had in portal before II, for me, it's still as received when I called them they said my application is completed.
Im not sure I received a complete email and trusted everything was all good

People always give ‘em flack for the whole app process, but they sent a cool swag package in the mail after my interview! Students seem to LOVE the school and the faculty is super receiving to student input. Thought I’d go against the current here

Attachments

• IMG_4284.jpg
    IMG_4284.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 415
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Current M1 here (got off the WL back in May). PM me if you have any question. RFU is an interesting school- my only acceptance. I admit it was not my first choice, and I am a tad biased, but I was intentional when I applied here. I was a non-trad, and without a doubt this is a very non-trad friendly school- avg student age is 25 yo. Let me just say interprofessionalism is HUGE at this school, and the difference between II and no II or A and R will come down to mission fit in you essays. Also tons of WL movement come spring. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I Really like this school, just wanted to know if everyone that applied here already took and submitted their PREview exam scores? I know that their website states that it’s recommended this year instead of being required like the Casper last year?

Last edited:
Was the second round of II only to IS applicant? I am OOS, but curiosity is killing me rn lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that interviewed for the alternate list last cycle gotten their promised interview invite this cycle yet lol

Edit (5pm PST) got it lol

Last edited:
Congrats! Did you receive in-person Open house email which will be on Oct 15th? If so ae you planning to attend?
Thank you! I did receive that email, and cannot attend due to work obligations, but I'm sure it would be a nice experience!

II yesterday, also interviewed last cycle so was told I'd be given another chance this one as well. OOS and ORM.

Anybody who interviewed with RFU send a thank you letter? I know they gave information on how to send one if so desired. I am unsure if I am wanting to send one myself, as I only spent 8 minutes with each person and didn’t really form any type of personal relationship outside of those few moments. Although I connected with them, I am under the assumption that they grade answers on the spot and their names are kept anonymous. With all this in mind, I am hesitant to send one more so than the traditional interviews I have had thus far. Anyone have any thoughts?

Anybody who interviewed with RFU send a thank you letter? I know they gave information on how to send one if so desired. I am unsure if I am wanting to send one myself, as I only spent 8 minutes with each person and didn’t really form any type of personal relationship outside of those few moments. Although I connected with them, I am under the assumption that they grade answers on the spot and their names are kept anonymous. With all this in mind, I am hesitant to send one more so than the traditional interviews I have had thus far. Anyone have any thoughts?
During the interview, I was told not to send one unless the interviewers provided me with their contact information (to respect their time and privacy). You could always send one to the Admission Office <[email protected]> but don't expect a response since we get so many applicants every year and you're evaluated on what you offered during interview day (e.g. update letters and letters of intent are not accepted). Good luck!

I sent a thank you email to Zach regarding the work the admissions office put into making interview day run smoothly. In this email, I also listed the names of my student and faculty interviewers and expressed my appreciation for their time and considerations.

I sent a thank you email to Zach regarding the work the admissions office put into making interview day run smoothly. In this email, I also listed the names of my student and faculty interviewers and expressed my appreciation for their time and considerations.

+1 did the same and Zach was very receptive!

Anyone who interview previously attend the "meet and greet" zoom session the night prior to interviewing? Trying to determine if its worth rushing home from work to hop on.

Question to those who interviewed if you're allowed to say: are we allowed to have a piece of paper or the notepad on our computer open to take notes during the MMI prep period or if we want to write down any questions to ask students/faculty?

Question to those who interviewed if you're allowed to say: are we allowed to have a piece of paper or the notepad on our computer open to take notes during the MMI prep period or if we want to write down any questions to ask students/faculty?

I believe we were allowed to take notes!

Anyone who interview previously attend the "meet and greet" zoom session the night prior to interviewing? Trying to determine if its worth rushing home from work to hop on.

It’s pretty informal, you don’t have to log on right when it starts, but it’s pretty much just a way for them to put some faces to names!

I believe you're allowed to take notes. I don't remember if it's electronic or pen/paper.

what is the WES Evaluation? I just saw on my profile that is it not complete :(
did you study abroad? I think WES eval shows up to people who spent some time abroad, but idk if WES eval itself means they need more documents from you and such. You should probably ask rosalind directly!

Rosy Franklin mailed me an empty journal (thanks for interviewing)... Neat I guess

Does anyone see an option on their portal for an "Alternate List Confirmation Form"? Interviewed 9/13 :/

Does anyone see an option on their portal for an "Alternate List Confirmation Form"? Interviewed 9/13 :/
If it means anything, I clicked to confirm just to see what happened and all it did was say that it was confirmed for submission on my portal

If it means anything, I clicked to confirm just to see what happened and all it did was say that it was confirmed for submission on my portal
Same here...going to try not to read into this one.

thank you! I can't even find my LOR listed anywhere on the portal- so i couldnt tell you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ where do you see your LORs?
I have LORs under document status. My completion date also 7/29 and waiting for II