2022-2023 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone has any idea of when the next round of pre-matches is happening?:cryi::cryi:

According to my interview date, they said mid January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Recent email:

We're excited for you as Match Day approaches and thank you for interviewing with us. It was a true pleasure to meet the person behind the application. We also enjoyed seeing many who were able to attend either the Houston or Temple open houses. As a reminder, these Open Houses do not affect admissions decisions, but are designed to be useful to you as you choose your medical school and then, if you choose Baylor College of Medicine, make known your preference of which campus.

Soon after Match we will send our accepted medical students a link to the campus selection survey. This only applies to accepted applicants to the MD program. All MSTP (MD/PhD) accepted applicants are placed on the Houston campus. The 3 choices will be No Preference (you agree to be placed on either campus at the discretion of the Office of Admissions), Houston, and Temple. You will place those three options in a rank list 1-3. Our primary driver in selection is student preference. If you do not receive your campus choice on initial assignment, as we begin to fill our class from the wait list (something that happens every year) you may be given the opportunity to again select your preferred first choice before we make offers to waitlisted applicants. We hope that you ultimately will be placed at your preferred campus, but there is some chance that you will not.

We encourage you to select the campus that best suits your needs and personality - - larger vs. smaller class size, larger vs. smaller town, desire to pursue bench or translational research vs. outcomes-based inquiry. Here's a link to our site detailing campus selection and policies for those requesting reconsideration.
Campuses and Admissions (bcm.edu)

Our commitment to you is that you will receive the highest quality Baylor College of Medicine training from either location.

Reactions: 7 users
Interesting, so it sounds like most students who get in off the waitlist will end up in Temple.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guessing that this email also lets me know that I won’t prematch here?
I dont think that’s necessarily the case. There’s still at least one more round of pre-matches to come so let’s cross our fingers!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does Baylor accept updates? A recent abstract got accepted at 2 medical conferences and I feel like that something I should update schools about.

Hey guys, current texas ms4 without affiliation to BCM. I'm applying to one of the more competitive fields (ortho) this year. Just adding my 2cents into the conversation on Temple vs Houston.

It looks like a lot of people may be thinking the Temple location is primarily for primary care training. If you are looking to apply to competitive fields (primarily surgical subspecialties like ortho, plastics, etc), Temple may actually be a very good location for you to train. Example, Temple BS&W ortho program is currently ranked 49 on Doximity, BCM Houston ortho is ranked 66. The rankings don't matter much, but it can at least provide some reassurance that the program is as good (if not better) than Houston. Temple GME is also more favorable towards people more familiar to the program, so you may have the added benefit of being more likely to match into a great (and highly competitive) residency program purely by being more affiliated with the faculty and residents at Temple. Something you may not consider now, but in a few years you may feel a bit more comfortable when applying to your field knowing that you already have an "in" with your home program. Particularly since competitive fields may only become more competitive in the future now that the STEP1 board exam is P/F.

If you end up in Temple, you'll be pleasantly surprised with the opportunities your Houston counterparts may not have.

Reactions: 17 users
Hey everyone - forgot to update for posterity, but received an email for full tuition merit scholarship yesterday! Got accepted back in mid-December, so this was a pleasant surprise.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Hey everyone - forgot to update for posterity, but received an email for full tuition merit scholarship yesterday! Got accepted back in mid-December, so this was a pleasant surprise.
That is amazing! Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
I live out of state and was waiting till 2023 to schedule a campus visit so I could be certain of my availability. Turns out all the campus visit spots are full :(. I’ve been placed on a waitlist, so if anyone’s not planning on going that is signed up please let them know haha.

Any suggestions on how to get a holistic feel of the campus/community if I can’t go to an official visit?
I actually just tested positive for Covid today and am in the process of cancelling my flights and visit on the 21st. If you want to head over last second, there's an open spot on Saturday for you.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
GOT THE PREMATCH CALL TODAY!! in tears. interviewed 10/7

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the pre-match call yesterday while I was at work!!! It looks like a spam so i didnt respond and they did not leave a voicemail. Checked SDN last night and IMMEDIATELY called the number back, and it was Dr. Vallejo :) So happy!!! Interviewed 9/9, LizzyM 75.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Can anyone help me out with the dress code for open houses? Business casual? Thanks! :)

Do we think the couple of pre-matches yesterday were the last round before match?

Thank You! Late September interview, 517 MCAT, 3.89 GPA, URM
Congrats! Seems like the pre matches are pre-November interviews. January 31st is the last day for prematches. Maybe people who interviewed later will get some love. Unless we missed the boat.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! Seems like the pre matches are pre-November interviews. January 31st is the last day for prematches. Maybe people who interviewed later will get some love. Unless we missed the boat.
I mean they did mention to us that we would hear back mid-late January, so I think there’s still hope for December interviewees

• Care
Got the prematch call today! First acceptance, interviewed 10/14!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats! Do u mind if I ask your stats and when they called?
LM 76, IS ORM. I got a text during work at 1PM to call back!

Congrats! What do y'all think feels better? The first acceptance or the first interview invite?
Definitely first acceptance! I think I was auto II for UTSW so it didn’t hit me as hard. Though I don’t think this will fully hit me until the official email..!

LM 76, IS ORM. I got a text during work at 1PM to call back!

Definitely first acceptance! I think I was auto II for UTSW so it didn’t hit me as hard. Though I don’t think this will fully hit me until the official email..!
I haven’t gotten an acceptance yet but I went insane for my first interview invite. No contact from any school was nerve wracking those few months. Go bonkers. Yo dream is a reality.

Congrats! What do y'all think feels better? The first acceptance or the first interview invite?
First acceptance! First interview invite was an utter relief that at least people considered my app worthy of consideration, but first acceptance was confirmation that I was going to be a doctor - and that day is coming super soon for you too!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone who interviewed in November or beyond receieved a prematch/acceptance? Seems like all the prematch offers I've seen only go as far as October interviews.

Just got a prematch offer earlier this afternoon! Interviewed 10/7. LizzyM 78

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Y’all have me worried about missed calls without voicemails now

doesn't your phone tell you likely spam call?
Answer the phone, ask who's calling, if it's hinky say I don't have time right now and hang up.
A month ago I got a phone call labeled "likely spam". I answered it on a whim and it turned out to be an OOS acceptance! Now I answer all my spam calls lol.

• Haha
First acceptance! First interview invite was an utter relief that at least people considered my app worthy of consideration, but first acceptance was confirmation that I was going to be a doctor - and that day is coming super soon for you too!!
YES Nemo get it!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed in November or beyond receieved a prematch/acceptance? Seems like all the prematch offers I've seen only go as far as October interviews.
I haven't heard back yet but it seems like they're still slowly working through their pile, so crossing my fingers! There's still time!

Why do y’all have such a phobia about answering your phones 📞?
I don’t get it!
You would think someone who wants to hear from a medical school will want to answer those 100 extra calls to get that one nice call!

Based on previous years, is Baylor done with prematches this cycle?
The only previous year was last year, so there isn’t too much to go off. I don’t think anyone knows if they’re done or not

The only previous year was last year, so there isn’t too much to go off. I don’t think anyone knows if they’re done or not
Yep, @hadv3r is right.
Before the 2021-2022 cycle Baylor was on the AMCAS application so not a lot of match history to look at.

Got my weekly heart attack from BCM
IMG_7192.jpg

• Haha