2022-2023 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the Temple campus will have cadavers and an anatomy lab? I know some new medical schools don't initially.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if there is a second look weekend before we have to make our match lists? Or is it going to be after the match? I believe UTSW's is before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the pre interview social mandatory? I’ve got a time conflict 😔

Do your interviewers have any bearing on campus placement? Both my interviewers are from Temple and I don’t know if I should take this as a sign they are interested in me as a Temple candidate or nah?

Do your interviewers have any bearing on campus placement? Both my interviewers are from Temple and I don’t know if I should take this as a sign they are interested in me as a Temple candidate or nah?
I was in the same boat. I really don't know the answer. Just do your best and be open minded during it just in case

I don't think so, as many applicants have said they had Temple based interviewers. My thought is that it was an effort to give applicants a chance to meet the Temple teaching faculty and form a good impression

Reactions: 1 user
From today's interview:

December interviewees will probably hear back for pre-matches around middle-late January. Committee will not meet to discuss our interviews until they are back from the winter break.

Any prematches that go out this month will be from November and earlier.

Reactions: 7 users
Did any acceptees just get an email saying they haven't responded to their acceptance offer even though you did???

Members don't see this ad :)
UTSW now Baylor - are MD applicants getting hacking savvy and triggering these unwanted email problems?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The last major round of prematches occurred exactly one month ago. So maybe today this afternoon?

• Love
You were right!! 😭😭😭 prematched!! 🌟
Congratulations on joining the elite list with both UTSW and Baylor prematches and having to choose between them during the match.

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats?
They list LM as 70.7 and I dont think that means anything since there were IIs from Yale and Chicago. So @pinkgalaxy must have some cure to cancer paper or something that separates them from the LM 81 types.

Just got a prematch offer about an hour ago! Was told that finaid also does not meet until January so no new scholarship offers going out until mid January or so.

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations on joining the elite list with both UTSW and Baylor prematches and having to choose between them during the match.

They list LM as 70.7 and I dont think that means anything since there were IIs from Yale and Chicago. So @pinkgalaxy must have some cure to cancer paper or something that separates them from the LM 81 types.
Thank you! It’s definitely going to be a hard decision.

I do have my hand in research (nothing like that at all!) but my enthusiasm for what I do shows through in interviews if I’m lucky enough to get one. Didn’t have high expectations going into this cycle and I thought I was going to get screened out. So happy I didn’t let those high medians get to my head!

Congratulations @pinkgalaxy @darseydog @peachicecream !!! It’s always nice to see people pop off :)

With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
I was told during my interview day that Baylor plans to make about 75 prematch offers this year! (Or maybe that that's what they did last year but it was implied that it would be similar this year as well)

Reactions: 2 users
I was told during my interview day that Baylor plans to make about 75 prematch offers this year! (Or maybe that that's what they did last year but it was implied that it would be similar this year as well)
They said something similar during my interview too!

I do have my hand in research (nothing like that at all!) but my enthusiasm for what I do shows through in interviews if I’m lucky enough to get one. Didn’t have high expectations going into this cycle and I thought I was going to get screened out. So happy I didn’t let those high medians get to my head!
Not sure if I entirely believe you haven't cured cancer. You have 15 II. You are a superstar. Congratulations!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations @pinkgalaxy @darseydog @peachicecream !!! It’s always nice to see people pop off :)

With the limited data that is available, does anyone know if Baylor is a prematch heavy school?
At my interview they said they would prematch around 75 but someone said they said at a later interview it would be roughly 100 that would prematch. That means they prematch ~1/2 of their potential spots. However not everyone that pre-matches will go there.

In a lot of cases they prescreen using stats and many people get screened out. The rumor has been that Chicago was just in it to make money because once upon a time they would reject you within a week of submitting secondary and there was no way the secondary was reviewed and they essentially prescreened everyone. They started waiting a little longer when people on SDN started advocating boycotting them.

• Hmm
PREMATCHEDDDDDDD!!! Literally was shaking the whole time on the phone haha

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
JUST PREMATCHED! Absolutely over the moon!! Interviewed 8/26! I got the call from Dr. Cable who I think will lead the Temple Campus... is that indicative of where they will place me or were the calls just randomly split between him and Dr. Vallejo?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
JUST PREMATCHED! Absolutely over the moon!! Interviewed 8/26! I got the call from Dr. Cable who I think will lead the Temple Campus... is that indicative of where they will place me or were the calls just randomly split between him and Dr. Vallejo?
Congrats!! Just out of curiosity, were your interviewers also from the Temple campus?

First off big congrats! I haven’t prematched, but in my uneducated opinion I think they just split the calls. I doubt Dr. Vallejo can call everybody

First off big congrats! I haven’t prematched, but in my uneducated opinion I think they just split the calls. I doubt Dr. Vallejo can call everybody
I think you're right! Hang in there, you got this!