2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On average, how long did it take for you guys to be allowed to finalize? I submitted on 8/2 so I’m just wondering when I should expect it to be ready
Money has been paid, and application has submitted. What if a student forgets to come back and press Finalize? College can't see the application?

Members don't see this ad.

Money has been paid, and application has submitted. What if a student forgets to come back and press Finalize? College can't see the application?

I actually didn’t even realize that I had to finalize, so like a week or two after I was “complete” they emailed me and said “you know you have to finalize, right?”

So I did! Would never have thought about it again otherwise.

Reactions: 1 users
I actually didn’t even realize that I had to finalize, so like a week or two after I was “complete” they emailed me and said “you know you have to finalize, right?”

Especially because you have to wait like 2-3 days for the finalize button to become available. Doesn’t make a lot of sense

Members don't see this ad :)

So you do have to Finalize? Thanks for your quick reply.

So you do have to Finalize? Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, you do. All the instructions are in the initial email with the secondary info and on the portal as well I believe. As soon as the finalize button isn't greyed out anymore, you can click and submit!

Yes, you do. All the instructions are in the initial email with the secondary info and on the portal as well I believe. As soon as the finalize button isn't greyed out anymore, you can click and submit!
Awesome. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, was verified 8/4, received secondary today 8/10!

Reactions: 2 users
after you finalize, did you receive a complete email or anything?

Just wanted to complain about their secondary being so few characters with rather complex questions. Annoyed

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning!! It's my first of the cycle - super pumped! (Complete 29July, 508/3.9, very non-trad)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
II this morning!! It's my first of the cycle - super pumped! (Complete 29July, 508/3.9, very non-trad)
Congrats!!!!! love to see some movement here. For interviews, what months were available? I wonder if AMC has been sending out IIs without SDN noticing, or you are the first batch of II

Congrats!!!!! love to see some movement here. For interviews, what months were available? I wonder if AMC has been sending out IIs without SDN noticing, or you are the first batch of II
Just two dates in early September, so it looks like there will be plenty more II to come.

Reactions: 3 users
As someone who was just rejected from their waitlist a month ago and submitted earliest date available I am sweating rn

• Wow
II received!! Im very excited about the school. I hate that im at work and cant schedule right now!! Im very non-traditional but from a neighboring state.

Reactions: 6 users
As someone who was just rejected from their waitlist a month ago and submitted earliest date available I am sweating rn

Wym? If your completion date was “skipped over” last cycle, did it mean your app was rejected?

Could a current or former student tell me how the school culture is and the surrounding area? Also did the school do a good job of helping students keep up with coursework?

Reactions: 2 users
II received!! Im very excited about the school. I hate that im at work and cant schedule right now!! Im very non-traditional but from a neighboring state.
Do you mind sharing your stats ?

Hey guys, do you know if Albany does a holistic screen for secondaries? I sent in my primary on 8/21 after verification, and I haven’t heard from them at all.
Is it normal for them to take time to send secondaries?
Thanks!

Hey guys, do you know if Albany does a holistic screen for secondaries? I sent in my primary on 8/21 after verification, and I haven’t heard from them at all.
Thanks!
I don't know what the screen is, but they were one of my later received secondaries.

Yes they give everyone secondaries. It took me a week and half to get mines!

Thanks!
They send it a bit later. I would work on the prompts now if I were you

Thanks!
Just got my secondary this morning. Primary submitted 08/08, verified 08/22.

II received just now, so excited! :lol: Secondary completed 8/3, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
I finalized today 9/2
I hope this is not "late"

OOS, RD, 4.0 GPA, and 507 MCAT - submitted secondary/complete on 7/12 and haven't gotten any updates

Lol that was me for like Uniformed Services University. Literally got the R from the WL just a few weeks ago. Submitted super fast, and I am yet to get the II this year even though the director of Admissions was like "apply early and everything will be okay". Hope Albany works for you tho.

Also I applied last year but was rejected pre-II. My stats are medium ugly with a cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.76 and MCAT of 510. I graduate from high school like right down the street from Albany Med so it's definitely a place I see myself attending. I made some improvements this year so i am not sure where everything stands or what the vibe of this school is in terms of the students they accept since the acceptance rate seems very brutal.

Also wouldn't say my ECs are other worldly but they're adequate. I have been an EMT for over a year and a half, was a varsity athlete, am close to publishing (have not yet published) research but I did a senior thesis. I did more too but I would say a lot of people in this thread are likely more accomplished than me lol. But again, with the numbers everywhere, accepting me is a hard sell so just tryna see everyone else's input.

It’s nice the work that you do. I don’t like seeing people showing off their stats and all the EC’s they have done. It’s more than that, just because you have these accomplishments doesn’t mean you should be guaranteed anything. Your saying a 3.7 and 510 is ugly, I mean how do you want us to react. Those are great stats and will get you somewhere. Nothing is guaranteed or handed in life. You will all get to medical school. So please stop stressing others out bragging about your accomplishment, and asking for others input. It feels like a sense of entitlement that most students feel which isn’t a great look as one who wants to become a doctor. Coming from an underserved community, seeing how people who have access to resources and parents who are doctors is hard. I believe You will all get in somewhere and be great.

Reactions: 15 users
Also I applied last year but was rejected pre-II. My stats are medium ugly with a cGPA: 3.72 sGPA: 3.76 and MCAT of 510. I graduate from high school like right down the street from Albany Med so it's definitely a place I see myself attending. I made some improvements this year so i am not sure where everything stands or what the vibe of this school is in terms of the students they accept since the acceptance rate seems very brutal.
I get the sentiment here and I get that you're stressing but I think you could have done without calling your stats medium ugly in a public forum where plenty of others have similar or even lower stats. Even if you aren't accepted here, your stats/application will likely be competitive somewhere.

Please take a deep breath and consider going outside to touch some grass or something. Perhaps you've been thinking about nothing but med school applications for a bit too long.

Reactions: 12 users
Those are good stats.

If you don't mind me asking, did you get feedback on your secondaries? Did you get some eyes to look at it?