2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
still no secondary here, and i was verified in early July. when do we think it would be appropriate to reach out to their admissions office? they don't screen, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS secondary received today, verified 7/7. They also sent it to the email I used last cycle even though I changed my email for this cycle.

is anyone else having trouble submitting their secondary? i paid by credit card and it still won't let me press submit and continue

Unable to pay :( keep getting an error. I'll call them this week.

Reactions: 2 users
is anyone else having trouble submitting their secondary? i paid by credit card and it still won't let me press submit and continue
+1 Same boat - got a warning message about duplicate charge to card

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone having trouble clicking the "submit and continue" button? I have already paid the fee (I did not get any confirmation through) and the "submit and continue" button is grayed out for some reason.

I also had issues with paying the fee when using Chrome. It worked when I switched to Firefox. Not sure if that'll help you guys also having problems with it.

Is anyone having trouble finalizing and submitting their application? I assigned my LORs through AAMC and sent them over 3 days ago and it's still saying that they didn't receive it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get through the submitting/then finalizing thing? (see top post in this thread)
couldn't get past the payment on my end, I sent them an email and left a message

Is anyone having trouble finalizing and submitting their application? I assigned my LORs through AAMC and sent them over 3 days ago and it's still saying that they didn't receive it.
It took a full week for it to "process" my LORs until I could finalize. Funny enough I had an email ready to send to the admissions team and I was like let me check it just one last time and it was complete.

What is a Premedical Advisory Committee? My school does not use committee letters, does this question apply to me? We do have a pre-med advising office. PLEASE HELP! SO CONFUSED.:)
Write that your school does not provide committee letters or write N/A

I'm a re-applicant, but never received a secondary from Albany (or it was lost in my inbox) as I added them very late in the cycle. Because I never submitted a secondary here, I am not a re-applicant to this school, correct?

I'm a re-applicant, but never received a secondary from Albany (or it was lost in my inbox) as I added them very late in the cycle. Because I never submitted a secondary here, I am not a re-applicant to this school, correct?
I didn’t submit a secondary last time, but they still received my primary so I said I was a reapplicant on the secondary this time.

I didn’t submit a secondary last time, but they still received my primary so I said I was a reapplicant on the secondary this time.
I said I was a re-applicant in the essay section as well, but what about this part?

If you have previously applied to the Albany Medical College, indicate the year(s) and the disposition of your application. (Check all boxes that apply)

I said I was a re-applicant in the essay section as well, but what about this part?

If you have previously applied to the Albany Medical College, indicate the year(s) and the disposition of your application. (Check all boxes that apply)
your application was incomplete because you didn't submit a secondary

Just submitted my secondary. My card was charged but it still says pending under the status and I am unable to finalize. Did anyone else have this issue?

Just submitted my secondary. My card was charged but it still says pending under the status and I am unable to finalize. Did anyone else have this issue?
Yeah it says it can take 24-48 hours for the status to change and allow you to finalize. That’s around how long it took for mine to update.

has anyone received a confirmation email after you have completed their app? because I have not even after a whole god damn week

has anyone received a confirmation email after you have completed their app? because I have not even after a whole god damn week
check the portal. They took a long time to receive all my info, and then you have to click finalize. I don't believe I got a confirmation email after that but from what I understand the finalize button assures that your application is now in review.

i added Albany a couple day ago and havent gotten a secondary yet- how long did it take for yall? OOS

How did you guys approach the describe yourself question lol
I picked one specific characteristic of mine and described how I've embodied that through my experiences

For "challenge that prepared you for MD pathway", are you guys using your normal challenge essay and explaining how that will help you in medical school? None of my challenges are really related to medicine so I'm not sure how to approach it.

For "challenge that prepared you for MD pathway", are you guys using your normal challenge essay and explaining how that will help you in medical school? None of my challenges are really related to medicine so I'm not sure how to approach it.
Yea I just used my adversity essay and edited it a bit

Hey! In the secondary application, it says that "All course requirements must be completed by the Spring term prior to the anticipated date of matriculation." Does this mean that requirements have to be completed before the spring term starts or by the end of the term?

Hey! In the secondary application, it says that "All course requirements must be completed by the Spring term prior to the anticipated date of matriculation." Does this mean that requirements have to be completed before the spring term starts or by the end of the term?
End of Spring term.

I have applied to med school before (2020 cycle), but not to Albany. Am I required to answer the: "If you have previously applied to medical school but were unsuccessful, what do you think is (are) the primary reason(s) for not being accepted? What have you done to remedy this?"

It sounds like it's speaking more generally about medical school, and I don't want to be "caught in a lie" but technically I'm not a reapplicant for them.

I have applied to med school before (2020 cycle), but not to Albany. Am I required to answer the: "If you have previously applied to medical school but were unsuccessful, what do you think is (are) the primary reason(s) for not being accepted? What have you done to remedy this?"

It sounds like it's speaking more generally about medical school, and I don't want to be "caught in a lie" but technically I'm not a reapplicant for them.
It's more general to medical school, if they wanted to know about them alone, they would've addressed it.

although preMD_Activists is probably correct, you can always hit Albany up and ask them to clarify. I heard schools mean different things when they ask questions like that.

I would just answer the question. I mean it can show how you have made improvements and be a plus if you have made significant improvements and strived to improve your app since last time

I would just answer the question. I mean it can show how you have made improvements and be a plus if you have made significant improvements and strived to improve your app since last time
Yeah for me it would be hard to be specific to Albany for why I did not get into their school without making it sound like I was checking off a list for just their school (would sound like I know what they want specifically). I think it would just be more important that you show growth than just meeting expectations to just Albany.

On average, how long did it take for you guys to be allowed to finalize? I submitted on 8/2 so I’m just wondering when I should expect it to be ready

Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores.
What am I supposed to say to this if I have a 3.9? My MCAT is 508 but it's balanced so I don't really want to draw any more negative attention to it than it already has. Can I just say N/A for this question?

Please explain any inconsistencies in your university, graduate, or professional school academic performance and/or MCAT scores.
What am I supposed to say to this if I have a 3.9? My MCAT is 508 but it's balanced so I don't really want to draw any more negative attention to it than it already has. Can I just say N/A for this question?

I have a 4.0 and 507 and I think I put N/A

does albany email when i am able to press finalize, or do I just have to check the portal every day?

I added albany on AMCAS 4 days ago but I still haven't received info on a secondary - should I wait a few more days or email them?