2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I weirdly got an email today thanking me for completing the phone interview and stating that I am now under consideration for a virtual interview. My phone interview was on 9/30 lol
Oh really? Did you get an II?

Members don't see this ad.

No, all it said was that I am now under consideration for an II. I feel like I did poorly on the phone interview though so I don't have high hopes

So does that mean if people got that message shortly after their phone interview they’re probably going to get an II/they did well. And if there’s a long pause before that email it probably an R? Cause I haven’t gotten any email yet :/

Members don't see this ad :)
So does that mean if people got that message shortly after their phone interview they’re probably going to get an II/they did well. And if there’s a long pause before that email it probably an R? Cause I haven’t gotten any email yet :/
You may be jumping to conclusions here. I have no idea what the timeline means. I also have no idea how the phone interview is scored or how it is even taken into account with the rest of the application. I wouldn't worry about not getting the email yet.

You may be jumping to conclusions here. I have no idea what the timeline means. I also have no idea how the phone interview is scored or how it is even taken into account with the rest of the application. I wouldn't worry about not getting the email yet.
My understanding from asking the phone interviewer and AdCom:
-if Wmed likes your app, they will send you a phone II
-phone II is performed by a third party
-third party hears your answers and scores you based on their preset guidelines
-Wmed doesn't know what you said during the phone II, they will just a receive a score (a number)
-that number, relative to other applicants in the current post-phone II pool, will be used to determine if you get the real II

I'm not sure about the under-review email though

Anyone from 11/19 get a call?
Anyone who felt they did aight/trash on the group activity get an A?(from any interview?

with my interview coming up soon (as in this week), I was wondering if any prior interviewees had any advice on when to upload an update letter? The other interview I had told us explicitly when to upload updates by and when we would hear back, but their turnaround time was about twice as long as Wmed. Since Wmed has such a short interval between interviews and decisions, woudl you recommend uploading an update prior to the interview, or immediately after with the thank-you letters?

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call for an A! I interviewed on 11-19

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
AHHH!!! MY FIRST A!!!! THE FIRST IN MY FAMILY TO WEAR A WHITE COAT!!!! SO EXCITED!!

interviewed 11/19 :D

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
WL Interviewed 11/19

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
WL. Really was hoping for an A, I felt like my interview day went really well but apparently not as well as I had thought 11/19. Hopefully I get pulled off the WL and have some of you as future classmates. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of students and faculty during the interview day.

How quick was the turn around from PI to interview invite for you all? Should I send an update or letter of intent in the mean time?

Members don't see this ad :)
How quick was the turn around from PI to interview invite for you all? Should I send an update or letter of intent in the mean time?
I got my virtual interview invite about 10 days after my phone interview (2 Wednesdays after) but looking earlier in this thread it seems for some people it took over a month so it seems like its not consistent at all

I got my virtual interview invite about 10 days after my phone interview (2 Wednesdays after) but looking earlier in this thread it seems for some people it took over a month so it seems like its not consistent at all
+1 mine took exactly 10 days

I completed my phone interview 9/7 and got an interview invite 10/27. I think the time can vary significantly.

I have a virtual interview coming up this Friday and I was wondering about the student panel session. Is that a Q&A with current students? Also It seems like there is one 1-1 traditional interview but should I also prep for MMI style questions? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I have a virtual interview coming up this Friday and I was wondering about the student panel session. Is that a Q&A with current students? Also It seems like there is one 1-1 traditional interview but should I also prep for MMI style questions? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Yep, the panel is a Q&A with current students. It's low key and you are not being assessed. The 1 on 1 is your typical interview. Of course, that doesn't preclude the interviewer from giving a situational/ethics based question. It's not likely to occur, but you never know.

I was waitlisted last year and didn't even receive a phone interview this year...

Anyone else who interviewed recently kinda freaked out that we’re getting our decisions earlier than expected? I was mentally prepared to wait until after New Years but since they want to get decisions out before holiday break it looks like I will be getting a heart attack for Christmas.

Anyone else who interviewed recently kinda freaked out that we’re getting our decisions earlier than expected? I was mentally prepared to wait until after New Years but since they want to get decisions out before holiday break it looks like I will be getting a heart attack for Christmas.
I'm actually very excited. We have waited too long to get the Telephone interview and the virtual interview, so getting something earlier than expected is definitely a plus. Now you won't have to stress about it over Christmas break!

I'm actually very excited. We have waited too long to get the Telephone interview and the virtual interview, so getting something earlier than expected is definitely a plus. Now you won't have to stress about it over Christmas break!
Typically I’d agree, because yeah we’ve done enough waiting up till now. HOWEVER, I’ve only gotten two IIs so far and decisions from both are due within days of each other, so I still feel like a heart attack is imminent lol

This happened to me for UMich and since I was deferred it kind of ruined my Thanksgiving tbh. But I guess I’m kinda grateful that I probably had more support from family due to the holiday than I would’ve on a nonholiday.

Good luck!

Does anyone know if 1. WMU sends II into January/February? and 2. If this Wednesday is a II sending day or was it last week?

Does anyone know if 1. WMU sends II into January/February? and 2. If this Wednesday is a II sending day or was it last week?
Nothing last week probably because they skipped the week of the holidays, so let's hope this week! Not sure about II dates

Not sure about this Wednesday. However, for what it's worth, I interviewed Dec 3rd and one of their first year students said he did not get an II to WMed until March.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure about this Wednesday. However, for what it's worth, I interviewed Dec 3rd and one of their first year students said he did not get an II to WMed until March.
Based on old threads, this appears to be true for virtual/in person IIs but I think phone IIs wind down in Nov/dec

Virtual II this morning! PI was back on 9/20, so I was starting to give up hope. 😅

Just got the Virtual II this morning, although it looks like the earliest interview date is Feb 11. Does this seem right?

Just got the Virtual II this morning, although it looks like the earliest interview date is Feb 11. Does this seem right?
When I got my II back at the end of October, the earliest available date for me was mid-December. That’s normal for Wmed. Congrats on the II!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when WMed goes on break? I was told at the interview that they are going to try to send out results before they go on break. It seems like last year around this time they sent out results this week for December interviewees😳😳

Does anyone know when WMed goes on break? I was told at the interview that they are going to try to send out results before they go on break. It seems like last year around this time they sent out results this week for December interviewees😳😳
Mummy interview session said “before Christmas” so I’d assume sometime in the next week or week and a half. They did say we would get results before the three week mark

Mummy interview session said “before Christmas” so I’d assume sometime in the next week or week and a half. They did say we would get results before the three week mark
These last few days of waiting are dragging haha I had another interview where they send out results in March but this wait for WMed is somehow so much harder even though it’s a shorter wait. Anyways.. hoping we all hear some good news soon❤

Bro
These last few days of waiting are dragging haha I had another interview where they send out results in March but this wait for WMed is somehow so much harder even though it’s a shorter wait. Anyways.. hoping we all hear some good news soon❤
I see your stress and raise you mine—the only two IIs I’ve had so far have decisions coming out in the next week. For one, I’ll get the decision either tomorrow or Monday, and then whenever Wmed wants to start releasing theirs. I’m TERRIFIED.

✌️😚

Ahhhhh you got this send you good vibes🙏🙏
Bro

I see your stress and raise you mine—the only two IIs I’ve had so far have decisions coming out in the next week. For one, I’ll get the decision either tomorrow or Monday, and then whenever Wmed wants to start releasing theirs. I’m TERRIFIED.

✌️😚

Thanks everybody. Are January interviews for the waitlist? Seems they’ve given a decent # of acceptances but I don’t know what their yield looks line

Got invited for a phone interview yesterday! I was complete on 10/12!

• Wow
Yep, today is our last day before break! We get back the 1st week of January, so just be aware of that. After today, no one will probably hear from them until we start back up. (Edit: I obviously have no clue if decisions are really going out today so I can't help anyone with that)

Thanks everybody. Are January interviews for the waitlist? Seems they’ve given a decent # of acceptances but I don’t know what their yield looks line

WMed makes it clear that they don't interview for the waitlist. They're the only interview I had where they told us they specifically hold spots until the end so there are still openings on the last interview day. I didn't really believe that, but I was in February and know that there were at least 3 of us accepted from my interview day with no waitlist time. The very last interview day had at least 2 acceptances I've spoken to who were not waitlisted. So go in confident and know there are still seats being held!

Don’t think I will be getting a phone interview from here. Been in consideration since early august. Smh

Yep, today is our last day before break! We get back the 1st week of January, so just be aware of that. After today, no one will probably hear from them until we start back up. (Edit: I obviously have no clue if decisions are really going out today so I can't help anyone with that)

Ahhh thank you so much! For the info!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏just gotta wait today then it seems!! 😨

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got put on the waitlist if anyone is wondering if they are sending out decisions today.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users