2021-2022 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone stumble over their words 10 times during their PI (or just had an overall bad PI) but still get a virtual II later?
Yes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey gang,

If we have been “under consideration for a telephone interview” since Nov 5 (13 days), is it more probable (based on previous data) that we will be rejected since it is late in the cycle? Thanks so much.

Anyone stumble over their words 10 times during their PI (or just had an overall bad PI) but still get a virtual II later?
Yes I repeated myself like ten times but still got the II a week later. I thought I did horrible but still got one so keep your head up!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel it definitely depends, I barely stumble (maybe like only 1-2 times) and feel pretty good throughout PI, but haven't heard back anything lol

Hey gang,

If we have been “under consideration for a telephone interview” since Nov 5 (13 days), is it more probable (based on previous data) that we will be rejected since it is late in the cycle? Thanks so much.
Might anyone have any insight? Thanks yall

Might anyone have any insight? Thanks yall
If they wanted to reject you, you would have been in the massacre earlier this week. WMed only send out invites every other Wednesday, so you may not get and interview for some time.

With this school, no news is good news.

Reactions: 2 users
If they wanted to reject you, you would have been in the massacre earlier this week. WMed only send out invites every other Wednesday, so you may not get and interview for some time.

With this school, no news is good news.
Thank you so much!

Did the portal change for anyone after their interview? I interviewed on Friday and it now shows Financials, tabs for financial aid offer/award, etc.

Did the portal change for anyone after their interview? I interviewed on Friday and it now shows Financials, tabs for financial aid offer/award, etc.
I see it too. Also interviewes on fri

So it probably changed for all of us. I doubt they made a decision that quickly.

So it probably changed for all of us. I doubt they made a decision that quickly.
They playing mind games, open new tab to make us think that we found an Easter egg that shows us we got in. But all it did was remind us how expensive med school is

• Haha
They playing mind games, open new tab to make us think that we found an Easter egg that shows us we got in. But all it did was remind us how expensive med school is
I can see tuition and tuition estimates, everything. This is cold.

Everything but the magic 'ADMITTED' word.

I can see tuition and tuition estimates, everything. This is cold.

Everything but the magic 'ADMITTED' word.
If I pay then does that mean I in. Or do they just take mt money and then reject

Members don't see this ad :)
I just talked to another person and checked the old thread, yep, we've been bamboozled, they add financials for everyone after interviewing

Rejected post phone interview, pre-virtual interview. Was part of the first round of phone interview invites. Sad getting this 2 days before Thanksgiving.

Good luck to those still in the running! WMed seems like a really cool program.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just got the virtual interview! Phone interviewed a week and a half ago

Reactions: 1 users
II! Experience review 8/14, Phone interview offered 10/27 and completed 11/3.

Is anyone else having trouble scheduling the interview?

II! Experience review 8/14, Phone interview offered 10/27 and completed 11/3.

Is anyone else having trouble scheduling the interview?
I had to go to end of January to find an open date

Just got the virtual II! It took some figuring out, but the earliest interview date available is January 21.

Secondary completed 10/18, experiences review completed 10/20, PI completed 11/2. LM score 74, IS, ORM, graduating from a "preferred relationship" university.

I clicked all the way to next summer lol. Maybe I'm missing something, I'll keep trying. Thank you!
make sure to change the year! I was confused at first too haha

• Haha
Virtual II received. Phone interview 11/6. I will be withdrawing. I hope this II goes to someone in need before Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Waitlisted via portal. II 11/5. Honestly heartbroken but trying to stay optimistic.

• Care
PI today after experiences review completed end of July :)

Also got the II today! OOS but went to undergrad in Michigan. Experience review complete 9/3. Phone interview was on 9/23. Was able to get 1/14 for my interview but didn't see anything sooner than that.

Been waiting for a phone interviews since august. I’m taking it as an R at this point.

Didn’t see anything about this in the thread above, but does anyone know if there’s an accepted students FB group or anything like that?

Didn’t see anything about this in the thread above, but does anyone know if there’s an accepted students FB group or anything like that?
Admissions made a Class of 2025 Facebook group for us in December. Some students created a GroupMe and posted about it there. Admissions encouraged it and I think they even sent the link out in an email. You can always contact Jean and ask if/when they'll make the Facebook group.

If you missed me earlier: M1 here, willing to answer questions from applicants and accepted students on the thread or private message.

do they start doing calls for A's 3 weeks after the interview?

Waitlisted today. II 11/12. I'm pretty bummed but from last year's thread it seems like some people were waitlisted and accepted less than 2 weeks later, so I'm holding out hope! Congrats to everyone who has gained an A so far!

Anyone have a phone interview and then not hear back for a month? Phone interview date was 11/2/21. I assume that this is an R, but I see other folks have received Rs after a phone interview later than mine. Any virtual interviews offered to someone this late after the phone interview?

Anyone have a phone interview and then not hear back for a month? Phone interview date was 11/2/21. I assume that this is an R, but I see other folks have received Rs after a phone interview later than mine. Any virtual interviews offered to someone this late after the phone interview?
My PI was 10/3/21. I've seen people wait a few months between PI completion and II. So hopefully we still have a shot!

Ya'll are fooling. I'm still sitting at experiences review complete 8/31, stop worrying about this.

• Haha
PI during the week of 9/20, II offered 5 weeks later in the last week of October. I also thought it was an R and started crying in the coffee shop when I saw “congratulations!”

Has anyone received an R after having a PI? I had my PI nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything since

Has anyone received an R after having a PI? I had my PI nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything since
someone earlier in the thread got an R after a PI in august i believe

For people who did the phone interview. Do we get an email stating that phone interview is complete and under consideration for virtual interview or is it just silence and the next email you get is the virtual II invite

For people who did the phone interview. Do we get an email stating that phone interview is complete and under consideration for virtual interview or is it just silence and the next email you get is the virtual II invite
I got a Phone II complete and under consideration email the following business day. The next email was the real II (about 10 days after from my phone II)

I weirdly got an email today thanking me for completing the phone interview and stating that I am now under consideration for a virtual interview. My phone interview was on 9/30 lol