2021-2022 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

me, a 12/10 interviewer hoping to hear back soon seeing that 11/12 ppl have heard

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance range is like waitlist right? Meaning you don’t know when they’re gonna contact you again about a final decision??

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance range is like waitlist right? Meaning you don’t know when they’re gonna contact you again about a final decision??
I believe they said you either could be accepted until august (lol a few schools start before then) at which point all who haven’t been accepted are rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got the same email today lol, I'm wondering the same. Staying hopeful for II invite 🙏
Was the email for those on hold or for those who are still under review? I haven't heard anything since going under review ~5 months ago

Was the email for those on hold or for those who are still under review? I haven't heard anything since going under review ~5 months ago
It was for being still under review, but then again I did complete my app in October so I guess it makes sense. Seems like a lot of people are still under review though.

Same, under review for over 5 months. My theory is some admissions officer still has my application open on some tab they forgot about and its just sitting there lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Just called the admissions office and they said November should hopefully hear back by next week. Although the first person I talked to said my application was on hold even though I interviewed (wtf???)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just got placed on hold for interview. What are my chances at getting an interview now?

Just got placed on hold for interview. What are my chances at getting an interview now?
got this hold for interview 12/21 and nothing since, would love to hear more from anyone that has insight on this too!

Do y'all think it is frowned upon to send in more than one update/interest letter between now and whenever they review the interviewed pool as a WL applicant?

Under review since late September. Anybody else in a similar situation?

Under review just now. Complete mid-August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Under review just now. Complete mid-August.
Do they send a separate email when you are "under review"? My application is "ready" for some months -- I wonder what the general process for application status updates for this school is?

Do they send a separate email when you are "under review"? My application is "ready" for some months -- I wonder what the general process for application status updates for this school is?
yes.

Pre-II hold this morning - under review 11/15

• Love
realistically those of us on hold won’t be getting re reviewed since there still people yet to be reviewed 😭

Also got the pre-interview hold today. Under review 11/10.

• Love
does pre-II mean they have not sent you the secondary application?
No.. it means that they reviewed your entire app (Primary and Secondary) and are basically saying we will come check you out again as we keep going through apps. Not invited for interview yet but also not totally rejected.

No.. it means that they reviewed your entire app (Primary and Secondary) and are basically saying we will come check you out again as we keep going through apps. Not invited for interview yet but also not totally rejected.
thank you for clarifying :)

1-4 months. Or even longer idk lol.
Just for the record I'll have been under review for 6 month pretty soon! I've moved on from Tulane but figured people might be interested, my guess is someone forgot to click a button to put me on hold, especially seeing as I was under review during the hurricane and I bet that screwed up some of their systems.

• Care
How long does it usually take to hear back after being put under review?
I was only under review for a week before I was put on hold. They don't seem to have a set time frame

Edit: this was back in Sep/Oct so idk if that makes a difference

What the actual ****. They skipped over an entire month

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Huh? Well they haven't gotten to 11/11 yet so their pile system must suck if that's the case
I mean your file is probably on someone’s desk, and they haven’t gotten to it. Those who are being put in AR right now maybe just got picked up by someone recently. I hope they get back to you soon.

I mean your file is probably on someone’s desk, and they haven’t gotten to it. Those who are being put in AR right now maybe just got picked up by someone recently. I hope they get back to you soon.
For a second, I read this as "I mean your life is probably on someone's desk"...

Huh? Well they haven't gotten to 11/11 yet so their pile system must suck if that's the case
Could also be that poster is IS or went to Tulane for undergrad if they heard significantly earlier than other people from their interview date range

Damn I’ve seen a lot of AR lately and no A kinda nervous

• Care
For a second, I read this as "I mean your life is probably on someone's desk"...
Haha…but for real though.

I was also speculating that maybe they’re collecting acceptances before sending out a bolus of A emails since we haven’t seen much. So if you’re being skipped over for AR, might be a good thing…?

does tulane accept post-II updates? or even a LOI

For anyone who is worried because you haven't heard anything post interview yet-- during my interview last week, they said they are SUPER far behind. I believe they said something along the lines of "our normal time period is 6-8 weeks post interview, but we are beyond the 8 week point at the moment. Hopefully by the time we get to this interview date, we will be back on track. But Mardi Gras is coming up, so actually, it may still be closer to the 8 week mark." So basically, they are just super far behind reviewing post interview and they are trying really hard to catch back up!

• Care