2022-2023 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
104 ppl in discord

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1/25 interviewee on the edge of my seat… 😭 do we think more decisions are coming this week?

Reactions: 1 user
AR just now. Interviewed 1/25. I’m pretty heart broken to be honest, but i’m just gonna prep for the re app :(

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Got the email a little bit ago, so excited! OOS interviewed 1/25

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone know how many people are waitlisted vs how many are admitted off waitlist ?

But majority of movement will probably be in May

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received any merit-based scholarships from Tulane yet? Do you guys know when they will be released? Thank you!

But majority of movement will probably be in May
Me, waiting for May…

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Reactions: 2 users
Is it worth it to send a letter of intent if waitlisted?

Last edited:
Is anyone actually getting accepted who has interviewed in feb-march or just acceptance range

Is anyone actually getting accepted who has interviewed in feb-march or just acceptance range
I know someone who interviewed 01/27 and was accepted on March 23rd. However, the email I received said "the great majority of interviewed applicants are placed into the Acceptance Range category."

Does anyone know where Tulane does third year rotations, or where to find that info? Surely they round at Tulane, but where else. Ochsner, UMC, other NOLA hospitals, places outside of NOLA?

Is it worth it to send a letter of intent if waitlisted?
I've read differing opinions on this. One school of thought is that an LOI doesn't really matter because it's not a binding contract, but I think it's the closest thing we have to such an agreement as applicants. I also think these opinions are very school-specific and you might get different opinions on this from every admin within a particular school. The only thing we can be sure about is that they haven't said we shouldn't send an LOI or other updates.

I think if Tulane is truly your #1 and you want to instill some level of confidence in the AdCom that you'll definitely attend if offered a seat, I don't see how it could hurt to send one. Tulane is my #1 and I should have applied ED to ensure that was well established, but I had a very full plate last summer as the sole caretaker of a family member who was in the process of passing away, and there was no way I could meet the ED application deadline. After being waitlisted, submitting an LOI was the next best thing I could do (and I'm an anxious wreck every single day that passes, hoping for some good news). Their waitlist letter says they welcome updates, and I think an LOI is well within the realm of what they're willing to accept. I think we just have to be intentional about what we send. Hopefully, that goes without saying though ;). I have my fingers crossed for both of us!

Reactions: 4 users
Or me 🥲

But I think 1-2 people in this thread did mention getting off the waitlist earlier tho

Has anyone who interviewed in March heard back yet? From earlier posts, it seems like they are contacting February interviewees still!

Does anyone know where Tulane does third year rotations, or where to find that info? Surely they round at Tulane, but where else. Ochsner, UMC, other NOLA hospitals, places outside of NOLA?
I work at an Ochsner location and one of the residents was from Tulane, so yes to Ochsner.

UMC and Tulane Lakeside and Lakeview hospitals and I’m pretty sure there’s some in Baton Rouge and Covington. With the LCMC merger, there will be more rotating sites in the near future but that’s my guess

My bf just got AR today and he interviewed 3/1

I have a question regarding the AAMC Choose Your Medical School tool. One school where I received an acceptance requires applicants to select “Plan to Enroll” at their school (if they want a seat) by April 30th, but I am on the Acceptance Range list at Tulane. Tulane is my top choice and I’ve sent an LOI and made this abundantly clear, but I am not sure how selecting ”Plan to Enroll” at another school might affect my chances of getting off the AR list at Tulane. I know I can’t be the only one in this predicament and I’m wondering how people are planning to handle this. Selecting “Plan to Enroll” at another school also makes my LOI seem disingenuous. It would be completely idiotic for me to not do what it takes to secure a seat at least somewhere.

Does anyone have any insight on the best approach for this?

I have a question regarding the AAMC Choose Your Medical School tool. One school where I received an acceptance requires applicants to select “Plan to Enroll” at their school (if they want a seat) by April 30th, but I am on the Acceptance Range list at Tulane. Tulane is my top choice and I’ve sent an LOI and made this abundantly clear, but I am not sure how selecting ”Plan to Enroll” at another school might affect my chances of getting off the AR list at Tulane. I know I can’t be the only one in this predicament and I’m wondering how people are planning to handle this. Selecting “Plan to Enroll” at another school also makes my LOI seem disingenuous. It would be completely idiotic for me to not do what it takes to secure a seat at least somewhere.

Is there a specific time period you need to respond to the other school? Also, do you have an undergraduate advisor you could ask? I feel like they would be more familiar with what information AAMC gives the schools and when.

Is there a specific time period you need to respond to the other school? Also, do you have an undergraduate advisor you could ask? I feel like they would be more familiar with what information AAMC gives the schools and when.
April 30th is the required date for “narrowing down” selections to a single school, but students can remain on waitlists. April 30th is also the point at which medical schools can see information on accepted and waitlisted students at their schools and if they’ve selected “Plan to Enroll” at their school or a different school….which, in my opinion, creates a bit of an issue (depending on the mindset of those reviewing this data, I guess).

My undergraduate advisor will inevitably not be familiar with the intricacies of this, unfortunately. :/

April 30th is the required date for “narrowing down” selections to a single school, but students can remain on waitlists. April 30th is also the point at which medical schools can see information on accepted and waitlisted students at their schools and if they’ve selected “Plan to Enroll” at their school or a different school….which, in my opinion, creates a bit of an issue (depending on the mindset of those reviewing this data, I guess).

My undergraduate advisor will inevitably not be familiar with the intricacies of this, unfortunately. :/
Okay that is really difficult. I'm wondering if you could secure your spot and then send Tulane an update letter around the time when the information is released detailing your frame of mind making the decision to "plan to enroll" elsewhere and also your commitment to the program.

From my understanding "Acceptance Range" is just Tulane's name for the Waitlist (Alternate List under the CYMS tool). So under your CYMS tool you see Tulane and Alternate List for decision. By the 30th you have to narrow down your Acceptances to 1 school. Right now schools do not see your name and if you selected "Plan to Enroll" anywhere, they only know how many of the Accepted applicants are "Plan to Enroll" at their school or at another school or haven't chosen any school. Starting the 30th "Commit to Enroll" opens. "Plan to Enroll" just secures your spot, doesn't mean you have to commit, you can still be on the WL at other schools. On the 30th "Commit to Enroll" becomes available, each school has their own deadline. By your school's date you have to Commit and drop other WL spots. After the 30th schools will see if you are "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" at other schools. "Plan to Enroll" they can offer acceptances too, "Commit to Enroll" they shouldn't (I think this is more an informal agreement and schools will do what they want). So just stay "Plan to Enroll" at your preferred school where you have an A and send Tulane an LOI. Schools know you may have options. And while they might weigh giving the spot to someone who has no As vs someone who has an A at an other school, I wouldn't gamble on that.

Reactions: 2 users
Have any other march interviewees heard back yet???

Has anyone received any merit-based scholarships from Tulane yet? Do you guys know when they will be released? Thank you!
I heard that they would be released by today. I'm not sure if they are delayed or if I just didn't get one.

Got the A about two hours ago!! Interviewed 3/6, first and probably only A of the cycle - I needed this today :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users