2021-2022 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 2 users
anybody know if radio silence with an app to the Maine program means a silent R at this point? my app was complete quite early but haven't heard a peep

anybody know if radio silence with an app to the Maine program means a silent R at this point? my app was complete quite early but haven't heard a peep

In any cycle but particularly this one, it’s not an R until you get the R email. I got an interview a week ago for next week at a school that usually has an early cycle. Schools seem to be more open to scheduling without much advanced notice

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not me getting 4 e-mails from Tufts the day after an interview and thinking it may be a decision

• Haha
I also applied fairly early to Maine Track and haven't heard anything yet

received an II yesterday morning :) OOS URM LM 67, complete mid/late August

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
This may have been asked already but does Tufts just wait to reject everybody until the end? Remaining hopeful but it would be nice if schools (in general) were more transparent about their rejection timelines!

Reactions: 11 users
Does anyone know how long the individual interviews are? I cant find that information anywhere

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be helpful to add an Update Letter if I have not received an interview invite at this point?

Are there IIs left to go? When does Tufts send them until?

Are there IIs left to go? When does Tufts send them until?
I looked at their website. It said that they interview till the end of March. They also said they hold apps under active consideration for review until the end of February so I guess they stop sending IIs after end of February.

Reactions: 6 users
Not gonna hurt ya
It seems that most people update on their latest publication, activities, etc... I was wondering is it too far fetch to include a basic summary of what you have been doing during gap year and why Tufts' programs interests me?

It seems that most people update on their latest publication, activities, etc... I was wondering is it too far fetch to include a basic summary of what you have been doing during gap year and why Tufts' programs interests me?
Everyone will give you a different answer to this, and it *seems* like the real answer is, 9/10 times, it doesn't matter because they're not going to read it. That said, this is what I plan to do if I can motivate myself enough to start writing them lol. "Dear Ad Coms I have literally 0 time for any new experiences but haven't gotten fired or dropped out yet why am I not enough for you" (alas, I guess this is why a lot of schools barely even glance at updates :smuggrin:)

• Haha
They reconsider you at each monthly meeting. You can reach out to Emily Condon (if I remember the name correctly) to inquire about when these meetings are each month so you know when you might expect a response. Just be warned, you can get rolled over several months and not hear anything, the same way you might get an official response at the very next meeting.

Best of luck to you.
Has anyone reached out to her, and if so, does anyone know when the January meeting is taking place?

Do you happen to know how long after the meeting it takes for them to send out responses?
i just know in the interview session today they said meeting is january 24th and they would like to have decisions sent out the first full week of february. She said though if deferred at that point you can always reach out again to figure out the next meeting date as well!

i just know in the interview session today they said meeting is january 24th and they would like to have decisions sent out the first full week of february. She said though if deferred at that point you can always reach out again to figure out the next meeting date as well!
Thanks again jazzhands78, and best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there are any accepted student groups?

Reactions: 3 users
I have a question. An acquaintance of mine said they start MD program at Tufts SOM this week. Can someone confirm that Tufts let students matriculate in the Spring?

I have a question. An acquaintance of mine said they start MD program at Tufts SOM this week. Can someone confirm that Tufts let students matriculate in the Spring?
sounds like a load of crap. can't imagine a medical school having a whole curriculum set up that adjusts to the schedules of just a few random students that want to start in the spring. it's not cost effective and they are running a business. solely based on reasoning, I'm calling his/her bluff, but I can't say for sure.

Is not hearing back from submission a lost cause?

Is it worth/do they accept pre-II letters of interest? Completed early July and have been spending my gap year in Boston. Would love to stay in this city but haven't heard back from them yet.

Is anyone’s status ‘under review’? Mine has never changed from ‘ready for review’

Is anyone’s status ‘under review’? Mine has never changed from ‘ready for review’
yikes... i submitted 7/29 and am "Your application is ready!"

I hate when schools use an exclamation mark. Bruh clearly you are not excited to review my app. False hope.

yikes... i submitted 7/29 and am "Your application is ready!"

I hate when schools use an exclamation mark. Bruh clearly you are not excited to review my app. False hope.
people have "ready for review"??? my "application is ready!" and has been since 7/7...dang

I wanted to post this here since it made the Globe this morning. I don't know how I feel about this, especially since Tufts is one of my dream schools. Tufts Medical Center will close its pediatric hospital after more than a century of treating sick kids - The Boston Globe
Correct me if I'm wrong because I hit a paywall with the Globe article, but it seems like they're converting the pediatric hospital to adult care. A Tufts professor I had last fall predicted that we will start seeing this kind of transition all over the country just due to the sheer number of aging baby boomers. Thanks to COVID, to healthcare use (generally) being a reverse bell curve, and to there being a LOT of baby boomers, there is a much greater need for end-of-life care now than there was even just 10 years ago and no infrastructure to support it. I worry that this will start to be the case everywhere :(

anyone know how long after the committee meeting it usually takes them to send out As/Rs/deferrals?

anyone know how long after the committee meeting it usually takes them to send out As/Rs/deferrals?
For me I think it was a 5 day turnaround but that might have been because it was close to the holidays

Has anyone received a pre-II R from Tufts yet? I know they have done so in the past but I haven't heard of it happening this year.

Has anyone received a pre-II R from Tufts yet? I know they have done so in the past but I haven't heard of it happening this year.
I think they started sending pre-II Rs in February last year... mentally preparing for it.

Just withdrew my II from here, hope it goes to one of you waiting :) good luck!!

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Just withdrew my II from here, hope it goes to one of you waiting :) good luck!!
I think I got your II lol. Complete end of August, OOS, and LM 71. The only dates available are in March.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I think I got your II lol. Complete end of August, OOS, and LM 71. The only dates available are in March.
Omg 🥺this makes me happy haha. Congrats!! Good luck on your interview, you'll do great :)

Reactions: 3 users
Oof. I'm not ready for all these Rs to start rolling in next week
I'm a reapplicant and got my rejection mid January last year so I'm sure they've started already

Could anyone sum up their interview day experience with this school? I have mine in a few days and it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Could anyone sum up their interview day experience with this school? I have mine in a few days and it'd be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I would say it was super relaxed and enjoyable. The interviewers (2 x 30ish minutes) were very conversational and friendly. It was a pretty pleasant experience imo.
They had a couple of sessions in the morning as well, all were very open to discussion/questions.